+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 Application

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
I received a call from IRCC and they said that unfortunately, they did not receive my finger prints from RCMP and they want me to redo it and then they send me a letter to take it with me for finger prints.

So its been two weeks and i did not hear back from them.

Should i call RCMP and asked them to send me a copy of the result as well and i will forward to them just to be on safe side?
There is no copy of the result. According to the law, RCMP produces only one original . After sending that original out, RCMP doesn’t even have the copy.

What you can do is

1). Send a web form with the scanned receipt of fingerprinting that you did (hopefully it gets to IRCC by this time) ; it takes about 2 months for IRCC to upload on their system depending on the local office.

2). If you want to be safe, take the fingerprints one more time and you can choose RCMP to send the result to your address. Once you get the result at your address, mail it to IRCC local office by registered mail.

CHAND394

Star Member
Apr 30, 2012
Pakistan
Visa Office......
Islamabad
App. Filed.......
July-2011
Doc's Request.
June-2012
File Transfer...
Sep-2011
Med's Request
Jun-2012
Med's Done....
Jul-2012
Interview........
ALHUMDULILALLAH, Waived
Passport Req..
Mar-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Apr-2013
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH, Jun-2013
There is no copy of the result. According to the law, RCMP produces only one original . After sending that original out, RCMP doesn’t even have the copy.

What you can do is

1). Send a web form with the scanned receipt of fingerprinting that you did (hopefully it gets to IRCC by this time) ; it takes about 2 months for IRCC to upload on their system depending on the local office.

2). If you want to be safe, take the fingerprints one more time and you can choose RCMP to send the result to your address. Once you get the result at your address, mail it to IRCC local office by registered mail.
Thank you and i will do that. what about your file update after re-doing your finger prints.

k300k3

Mar 6, 2019
Thank you and i will do that. what about your file update after re-doing your finger prints.
i redid my fingerprinting and then I received the result at my home from RCMP within a week. But, before I sent it to IRCC, I called the call centre and also through web form, I found out that IRCC received the first result just the day before I redid my fingerprints. So now, I’m keeping the second result to myself.

mmemme24

Mar 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I got the ceremony notice on Oct 9. It's scheduled for Oct 24.
Guess it's the last post about my citizenship journey. Thanks everyone!

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Hi, I got the ceremony notice on Oct 9. It's scheduled for Oct 24.
Guess it's the last post about my citizenship journey. Thanks everyone!
Congratulations! Wishing you all the best for your Oath ceremony. Spreadsheet updated. :):):)

Last edited:

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Is someone still updating the August spreadsheet?
Hi,

Yes I am still logging in to update the spreadsheet when I can, but to be honest today was the first time for around 8 days. I had to fly back to the UK, my father died three days after my Citizenship ceremony. I am in the UK to attend his funeral early next week. I will try to update as best as I can over the next few days. Apologies for the delay. :(

Hana Diabas

Aug 26, 2016
Hey guys

I passed the test sep 4th and I was told by the officer they will email me the date for the ceremony in one to two months! Until this moment I haven’t received anything and I am very concerned because I need to travel in December!

Any advice?

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Hey guys

I passed the test sep 4th and I was told by the officer they will email me the date for the ceremony in one to two months! Until this moment I haven’t received anything and I am very concerned because I need to travel in December!

Any advice?
You could give them a call and ask the agent if they can see whether you have been allocated a date yet. I have heard of others in the past being told that the officer could see that they had been lined up for x date. You may be lucky they may have that information available. Its worth a try.

Last edited:

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
Hi,

Yes I am still logging in to update the spreadsheet when I can, but to be honest today was the first time for around 8 days. I had to fly back to the UK, my father died three days after my Citizenship ceremony. I am in the UK to attend his funeral early next week. I will try to update as best as I can over the next few days. Apologies for the delay. :(
I am sorry to hear that, littleun! :( God bless your father.

Thanks for your help in maintaining the spreadsheet.

Reactions: littleun

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hi,

I am so sorry to hear about your father :( Please don't worry about the spreadsheet for now. You need to be with your family. My thoughts and prayers are with your family :(

Reactions: littleun