littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Please add me to the August tracking sheet:

Application delivered: August 06 2018
AOR: Oct 06, 2018
Started processing my application : November 03 2018
Family of 2
Vancouver

I would like to travel this summer, but I am waiting for test invitation. What can I do?
Hi, welcome to the August applicant form. Thanks for the information, I have added you to the spreadsheet, if you have the number of physical presence days that would help keep the sheet tidy. :) If you want to travel, I believe that if you contact CIC, they can make a note on your file so that they avoid allocating a test date for sure during your absence. It is obviously a personal decision to make because it may carry a risk that your test date is delayed. Wishing you all the best for your processing.

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Please update below status. I am on line 86 in August Application form.

Test Invite letter recd - 24th April
Test/Interview date - 15th May
Decision Made - 17th May
Congratulations on passing your test, what a huge step forward. Spreadsheet has been updated. Wishing you a speedy final stage. :)

Reactions: junekkay

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Hi,

I'm really happy! I've received the invitation letter for the oath! :-D
Can someone pls update the spreadsheet?

ID: rmarhp
Oath letter: May 14th
Oath ceremony: Jun 11th

Thanks!
Well done, I am really happy for you, finally the very last stage. Wishing you all the best for the Oath ceremony, you can enjoy the summer knowing the journey is finally coming to an end. Spreadsheet updated. :):)

bccapr

Oct 30, 2018
Status changed to 'In process' on November 21.
Kindly update the spreadsheet. Thanks
Its almost 6 months since the last update in red below:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 27, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 8, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on November 21, 2018
I am concerned that:
  • The status on November 8 states that they sent me some correspondence and a study book. But I haven't received anything by mail. I only received email.
  • Further my status changed to in process on November 21 and it close 6 months since that update.
I am now starting to get worried.
Can someone please advise what should I do?
Is there a way to contact them to follow-up?

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Its almost 6 months since the last update in red below:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 27, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 8, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on November 21, 2018
I am concerned that:
  • The status on November 8 states that they sent me some correspondence and a study book. But I haven't received anything by mail. I only received email.
  • Further my status changed to in process on November 21 and it close 6 months since that update.
I am now starting to get worried.
Can someone please advise what should I do?
Is there a way to contact them to follow-up?
Hi, I am in exactly the same position as you - same thing has happened and I went in process on the same date as you. I have heard nothing. I followed up via telephone call to CIC back in March and I was told when they looked on the system that everything is progressing as it should be and that the average processing time for citizenship applications is 12 months. I had hoped to get an invite for the next stage to the Victoria BC temporary site for tests, interviews and Oath ceremonies being held during the last week of May. I have had nothing. I believe August for me is the next chance and that will have been a year since my application was received. I can't offer you any advice except to just check in with the CIC help line 1-888-242-2100 to make sure that 'all is progressing as it should be'. Wish you all the luck in the world, patience is a virtue they say,at the moment, in reality that actually feels far from the truth! :)

DaMaMiha

May 17, 2019
Hi, welcome to the August applicant form. Thanks for the information, I have added you to the spreadsheet, if you have the number of physical presence days that would help keep the sheet tidy. :) If you want to travel, I believe that if you contact CIC, they can make a note on your file so that they avoid allocating a test date for sure during your absence. It is obviously a personal decision to make because it may carry a risk that your test date is delayed. Wishing you all the best for your processing.
Thank you for doing this and for your advice.
My husband’s physical presence is 1312 days and my is 1283 days. And application was sent August 2nd.

Degi

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Alberta-Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUN 6 2014
AOR Received.
AUG 6 2014
File Transfer...
SEP 26 2014
Med's Done....
FEB 12 2014
Passport Req..
SEP 29 2014
Hello all, happy to inform I’m a Canadian citizen finally. Good luck to everyone who’s waiting, thanks for everyone who updated this forum spreadsheets. It has been very helpful for my journey, it felt like I'm not alone in the dark. Anyone who shared their journey is helping to shed a little bit of light to this loooooong uncertain journey.

Long live the queen

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Hello all, happy to inform I’m a Canadian citizen finally. Good luck to everyone who’s waiting, thanks for everyone who updated this forum spreadsheets. It has been very helpful for my journey, it felt like I'm not alone in the dark. Anyone who shared their journey is helping to shed a little bit of light to this loooooong uncertain journey.

Long live the queen
Congratulations! A huge shift for you and the brilliant feeling of no longer having to worry about the long slow process to become a Canadian. Wishing you well for your future. Thank you for updating this forum as you have progressed, it has been helpful for all those following in your footsteps. :):):)

Moori

Sep 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
AOR Received.
6th Jan 2011
File Transfer...
25th feb 2011
Med's Request
March 8, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-4-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-5-2011
Thanks for the information that is really helpful for those reaching the end of the process. I appreciate you taking the time to share that with us. Wishing you luck with the passport application and I will keep my fingers crossed that you get it well in advance of your journey. :)
Thanks for your words and my warmest wishes for you and everyone a happy end for the reason why we are all here :) Good luck

JC85

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Hello Admin,

Please update:
Username: JC85
Citizenship Ceremony: May 17, 2019.

Finally after over 10 years I got my citizenship! Very long journey to come as an international student, but the reward is what matters. Good luck to everybody else waiting! The ceremony was super nice. Just one advice: Please make sure your guests are respectful during the ceremony. It is really annoying be sitting at the ceremony and guests talking out loud.

Good luck to every single applicant and welcome to Canada!

nagrish

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Admin,

Please update:

Finally after over 10 years I got my citizenship! Very long journey to come as an international student, but the reward is what matters. Good luck to everybody else waiting! The ceremony was super nice. Just one advice: Please make sure your guests are respectful during the ceremony. It is really annoying be sitting at the ceremony and guests talking out loud.

Congrats to you. I was also at that ceremony and some of the guests were very disrespectful. I am waiting patiently for my ecas to say "complete" as I am travelling on Saturday.

Reactions: JC85

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Hello Admin,

Please update:

Congratulations, well done on completing the journey. A well earned reward at the end stage. Thank you for contributing and updating your progress which has allowed me to keep the spreadsheet updated for all. Enjoy your new status. :):)

Reactions: JC85