+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 Application

W2

Dec 8, 2015
Hi friends, does anyone know how long it would take to get a new ceremony time if i decide to reschedule mine? I just need mine pushed back 10 days, and am worried if i tell them to postpone they will make me wait another 2 months
My husband had to postpone his due to a family illness in France. That was early January. He JUST got his ceremony a few weeks ago. It took forever and we couldn't ask for just a short delay. He got put back on the bottom of the pile. We are in Montreal though, it seems that other locations are quicker! There was nobody to contact either to speed things up. If you have the option to change your plans so that you can attend this ceremony, I would!!
Good luck!!

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2014
My husband had to postpone his due to a family illness in France. That was early January. He JUST got his ceremony a few weeks ago. It took forever and we couldn't ask for just a short delay. He got put back on the bottom of the pile. We are in Montreal though, it seems that other locations are quicker! There was nobody to contact either to speed things up. If you have the option to change your plans so that you can attend this ceremony, I would!!
Good luck!!
Oh wow thanks for sharing. Yea I'm definitely gonna change my travel plans to accommodate the oath.

Reactions: W2

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Please add me to the August List!

ID: jitixa
App type: Family(3)
Physical Presence: 1116 days
App Sent: Mailed July 30th 2018
App Received: August 2nd 2018

Still waiting for test invite :(
Thanks. Spreadsheet updated. If you have the information are you able to confirm date of Acknowledgment of receipt and date your application went In Process, just so I can keep the spreadsheet nice and tidy :). Good luck with your application.

guptaa

Dec 2, 2014
India
Hello All,

I seek your expert opinion on my scenario.

ecas is showing 5th line updated as below.

We sent you a notice on May 8, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on May 28, 2019 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

However, we have not received any email or mail communication on this. Does it take time to send communication?

Secondly, will it be possible to request them to pre-pone the oath date?

My third question is can we travel to USA with citizenship certificate alone (without Canadian Passport)

kk2018

Oct 24, 2018
I got email(today) for oath ceremony on 4th June 2019.
It took a way long time I answered test on 31st January and decision made was 1st Feb.
Hamilton Ontario office is very slow.

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
I got email(today) for oath ceremony on 4th June 2019.
It took a way long time I answered test on 31st January and decision made was 1st Feb.
Hamilton Ontario office is very slow.
Well done you, what a long wait you have had for that final stage! Congratulations, the finish line is now in sight. Wishing you all the very best for June 4, enjoy the day. :):) Spreadsheet updated.

Reactions: kk2018

chenchen

Jun 3, 2016
Chenchen: August application, Line 70; Oath Letter Date May 10, 2019; Oath Ceremony June 7, 2019.
Please update, thank you. And good luck everyone.

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Chenchen: August application, Line 70; Oath Letter Date May 10, 2019; Oath Ceremony June 7, 2019.
Please update, thank you. And good luck everyone.
Congratulations, that is good news. Wishing you the very best for your Oath ceremony. Enjoy the day. :) Spreadsheet updated.

Souadly

Sep 24, 2018
Montréal
hello, please update

line 56 / souadly
oath letter date : 05/06
oath ceremony : 05/21

Thank you for your great work on updating the information

congratulations to everybody

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
hello, please update

line 56 / souadly
oath letter date : 05/06
oath ceremony : 05/21

Thank you for your great work on updating the information

congratulations to everybody
Congratulations, finally.................... your turn! Wishing you all the best for the Oath ceremony and you future as a Canadian citizen. Spreadsheet updated. :):)