+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 Application

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
I got my oath ceremony email. finally. It will be on May17th. I'm excited. still haven't learned the national anthem yet though :)
Congratulations, exciting news for you! I have updated the sheet, but I don't seem to have a 'decision made' date for you, is it possible that you could confirm that date? Wishing you all the best for the ceremony, enjoy the day to the full. Your patience has paid off. :):):)

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
And Finally a sweet Decision Made on Ecas that relieves all the **** off my shoulder :D

I just only wish everyones wait comes to a happy end as I felt mine today
Hi, good news, well done. I have updated the spreadsheet. We don't seem to have test invite and test date information. It would be good to be able to complete the spreadsheet with those details if you have them:):)

Moori

Sep 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
AOR Received.
6th Jan 2011
File Transfer...
25th feb 2011
Med's Request
March 8, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-4-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-5-2011
Hi, good news, well done. I have updated the spreadsheet. We don't seem to have test invite and test date information. It would be good to be able to complete the spreadsheet with those details if you have them:):)
Thank you and all the best coming your way as well :)
I have been sent a letter for invitation on Jan 31 according to ecas but never received it in my mail box until I found that it was sent to a friend mail box which I found out by what you so call pure luck. My Test was Feb 28 and since then till few days ago ecas was changed to decision made. Now it is time for the oath.

I have to mention one thing that maybe a clue for others now or later when they read in the forum. My ecas changed from process to decision made after few days of informing cic by phone that I am travelling out of country in June for more than a month. Maybe this is a piece of info that may guide whoever is planning for an overseas trip and was waiting for a decision on their case

Now cheers for everyone here till everyone shares the cheers back with everyone's single positive news :)

Reactions: sunnybh and k300k3

davepedro

Jan 1, 2015
Hi All

Today (April 8th) I received my Oath Ceremony invite for May 3rd at 10:30am.

Amazingly this is only 1 week after Decision Made and 2 weeks after Citizenship test.

Can someone please update the spreadsheet?

Thanks so much and sending good vibes to all of you awaiting the next step!

Dave (Vancouver office is processing)

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Please, add/update our case in the spreadsheet - Thank you (see also additional info for experience-sharing):

>August 13th, 2018 - Our family's application for citizenship (my spouse, our son and I) was received by IRCC (applied from Nanaimo, BC)
>October 29th, 2018 - We received AOR
>November 15th, 2018 - Vancouver IRCC office started processing our application (we submitted the application from Nanaimo, Vancouver Island);

[We moved to Halifax and updated our Canadian address with IRCC on October 15th]

>November 27th, 2018 - RCMP/fingerprint report request received for just my spouse; Despite the address change, Vancouver IRCC was the one that sent out the request (to our new address in Halifax + email);

[Due to the fact that my spouse has been staying with her parents (her mom is having health issues) overseas since November 1st and had to go through the complicated procedure submitting her fingerprints through the international channels, we requested an extension of time (via online system) and finally submitted the RCMP fingerprint report to Vancouver IRCC branch on February 15th, 2019 and emailed the Vancouver IRCC office an email in which we asked for a file transfer]

[BTW, My spouse's PR card expired on January 31st, 2019, while she was still overseas (she did not expect to stay there that long) and she had to apply and has received a so-called PR Travel Document (looks like a TRV foil affixed to the passport) to be able to travel back to Canada. This did take good 40-days and some additional expenses]

[As there was no change reflected in ECAS, I called IRCC around March 11, 2019, and we were informed that the file was still in Vancouver and its transfer to the nearest IRCC office to us was not going to happen automatically, despite the new address being on file with the IRCC and me mentioning this in an email to the IRCC office. IRCC advised us that if we wanted to transfer our application file, we should send a letter via post/courier (and not online or email) to the IRCC office on Expo Boulevard in Vancouver. We sent the letter by post to the Vancouver IRCC requested the file transfer to Halifax IRCC and this was received by Vancouver IRCC on March 19th, 2019]

>March 29th, 2019 - received an invitation for the citizenship test that will take place on April 16th, 2019 in Halifax, NS.

[Even though ECAS never showed that our file transfer had taken place, unexpectedly, in just ten days after filing the file transfer request, we received the above test/interview invitation. Needless to say, the file transfer for us was very swift compared to others' experience. I suspect this may have to do with several factors (a)the fact that our family application had been pending for seven months, and (b)perhaps the receiving location (Halifax IRCC branch) may have been not as busy as some other places.]
Thank you for the full update, that is so helpful. and I have updated the spreadsheet Well done in reaching the test invite stage, having seen your process history I am amazed that your application seems to have proceeded so relatively well. Congratulations, you must be so relieved. :):):)

Reactions: GeoCanadian

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Hi All

Today (April 8th) I received my Oath Ceremony invite for May 3rd at 10:30am.

Amazingly this is only 1 week after Decision Made and 2 weeks after Citizenship test.

Can someone please update the spreadsheet?

Thanks so much and sending good vibes to all of you awaiting the next step!

Dave (Vancouver office is processing)
Congratulations! You have reached the finish line, what a relief to have your Oath ceremony in your sights now. Really pleased for you, enjoy the day and your new found status! Spreadsheet updated. :):):):):)

Reactions: GeoCanadian

Gabelogan9

Aug 30, 2018
Anyone know why the Mississauga office has been asleep? My app's been in process since November 2nd and Im starting to get a little angry now lol

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Hi Admin
Please add me to the tracker

File Sent : August 16th 2018
File Received August 17th 2018
AOR : 30th October 2018
Started Processing : November 15, 2018
Hi, Welcome to the August applicants. Thank you for proving the information that you have. I have added you to the spreadsheet. It would be wonderful to be able to fill in all of the information, to keep the sheet tidy and to help others to understand the processing timelines. Are you able to provide the information for your location, application type (single, family etc), and your number of physical presence days? Wishing you luck in the processing of your application. :)

hurlyhunk

Jul 12, 2013
I am super excited that i am now a Citizen YAY ! Almost a decade to achieve. Anyways here are my updates

April 09 - Test and the interview
April 09 - Invitation to Oath ceremony ( it was handed over by the person interviewed me and asked me to come the next day )
April 10 - Oath Ceremony

Everything just happened in 2 days, can't believe this.

Good luck to rest of you guys !

W2

Dec 8, 2015
Gosh, according to the spreadsheet, the Montreal office is just getting around to oath ceremonies for APRIL applicants?!?! omg. My father is sick in France and I was waiting to buy a ticket to know more about my oath ceremony (test passed jan 18), but it seems months away. How do I plan a trip with this unknown?

Cooper-montreal

Dec 19, 2018
Gosh, according to the spreadsheet, the Montreal office is just getting around to oath ceremonies for APRIL applicants?!?! omg. My father is sick in France and I was waiting to buy a ticket to know more about my oath ceremony (test passed jan 18), but it seems months away. How do I plan a trip with this unknown?
You can call CIC , ask them if there is any scheduled oath for you (although I don't think so!). If there is nothing, then buy your ticket and also inform CIC your absence so they will not schedule your oath during that time.
Me too, I am from Montreal, and that what I will do for my travel in June. I can't imagine why it takes them (Montreal) so long to schedule an oath ceremony. Maybe they are still searching for an interpreter to translate all English applications into French!!!!

Reactions: W2

W2

Dec 8, 2015
You can call CIC , ask them if there is any scheduled oath for you (although I don't think so!). If there is nothing, then buy your ticket and also inform CIC your absence so they will not schedule your oath during that time.
Me too, I am from Montreal, and that what I will do for my travel in June. I can't imagine why it takes them (Montreal) so long to schedule an oath ceremony. Maybe they are still searching for an interpreter to translate all English applications into French!!!!
Thanks! That's good advice. I'll do that. I called CIC and they said all the background checks and application are good, just waiting to hear from the Mtl office which they have no information about. They sent me the form to advise of absence so the ceremony will not be scheduled during that time of the trip. It's driving me nuts to wait so long for this silly office when other offices don't seem to have such a backlog! Good luck to you too!!!

Reactions: Cooper-montreal

Thomas1987

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW-DELHI/ WARSAW POLAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 August 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2nd 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application.
File Transfer...
Jan 7th 2015
Med's Request
14th April 2015
Med's Done....
15th April 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 25th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 5th 2015
LANDED..........
July 3rd 2015
Thanks! That's good advice. I'll do that. I called CIC and they said all the background checks and application are good, just waiting to hear from the Mtl office which they have no information about. They sent me the form to advise of absence so the ceremony will not be scheduled during that time of the trip. It's driving me nuts to wait so long for this silly office when other offices don't seem to have such a backlog! Good luck to you too!!!

Montreal is scheduling Oath for June and July applicants now. People are reporting but spread sheet is not updated and in some cases the other way around.

Yesterday a June applicant got an invite for the oath ceremony scheduled for April 24th and his decision made was on Jan 18th.

What I have noticed is they just give 2 weeks notice.

You can try submitting a webform.

Best of luck.