+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 Application

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Yesss!! Got an invitation to Oath Ceremony today, March 29th. My ceremony is on April 26th. Please update the Google sheet.

My fellow forum friends, I need your suggestion/opinion about something.

I am planning a trip to Europe on May 23rd. I was going to apply for the Schengen visa, but, since I received my Oath email today with my ceremony being on April 26th, I wonder whether I really need to apply for a Schengen visa anymore. With my Canadian passport, I can travel to Europe visa-free for up to 90 days. Do you guys think it is possible to get receive my passport after my ceremony on April 26th and before my trip on May 23rd? It would make life a hell of a lot easier for me. Otherwise, I'll have to go to Ottawa to apply for the Schengen Visa physically which is a pain in the butt.
Great news and what a fantastic feeling for you that your big day has finally been announced! Wishing you all the best on the momentous day of the Oath ceremony.
Spreadsheet has been updated.
I am so sorry but I don't know anything about the Visa's you would need for Europe so I can't help you on that. BUT, I understand that you will be able to apply for a Canadian Passport 2-3 days after your Citizenship ceremony. I believe that you are able to pay for extra for an enhanced service so that you get the Passport quite quickly, I am sure it is within a few days to a week. Maybe give your local or nearest passport issuing office a call and check with them. :):)

nagrish

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please update line 37. Got the email today, March 29th, for the Oath Ceremony on May 17th. Exactly 9 months to the day from application received and 6 months since AoR. Best wishes for a speedy finish to all those still waiting.

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Please update line 37. Got the email today, March 29th, for the Oath Ceremony on May 17th. Exactly 9 months to the day from application received and 6 months since AoR. Best wishes for a speedy finish to all those still waiting.
Congratulations and well done. You have gotten to the final stage! Wishing you all the very best for the Oath ceremony. Enjoy the day. Spreadsheet updated. :):)

Reactions: nagrish

callbox

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-09-2014 CC Charged......: 25-11-2014
Doc's Request.
06-03-2015
Nomination.....
23-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
06-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Congratulations!

Reactions: nagrish

irishibanez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Calgary
Yesss!! Got an invitation to Oath Ceremony today, March 29th. My ceremony is on April 26th. Please update the Google sheet.

My fellow forum friends, I need your suggestion/opinion about something.

I am planning a trip to Europe on May 23rd. I was going to apply for the Schengen visa, but, since I received my Oath email today with my ceremony being on April 26th, I wonder whether I really need to apply for a Schengen visa anymore. With my Canadian passport, I can travel to Europe visa-free for up to 90 days. Do you guys think it is possible to get receive my passport after my ceremony on April 26th and before my trip on May 23rd? It would make life a hell of a lot easier for me. Otherwise, I'll have to go to Ottawa to apply for the Schengen Visa physically which is a pain in the butt.
I believe it says on the email to wait atleast 3 days after to apply for passport and usually takes like 10 days if you apply personally.

nagrish

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations and well done. You have gotten to the final stage! Wishing you all the very best for the Oath ceremony. Enjoy the day. Spreadsheet updated. :):)
Thanks littleun for all the updates and spreadsheet. It has kept me sane by following the other timelines.

Reactions: littleun

vdang

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2014
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
Dec 2013
AOR Received.
17-07-14
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Jan-ish
Med's Request
17-07-14
Med's Done....
22-07-14
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
07-04-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-15
LANDED..........
25-04-15
Hi all,
I got my oath letter yesterday Mar 29th. Oath day April 26th. Please help me update the sheet for vdang.
Thanks

Reactions: GraceCan

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Hi all,
I got my oath letter yesterday Mar 29th. Oath day April 26th. Please help me update the sheet for vdang.
Thanks
Great news, congratulations, worth the wait! Wishing you all the very best for your Oath ceremony and your future citizenship status. Spreadsheet updated. :):):)

vdang

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-05-2014
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
Dec 2013
AOR Received.
17-07-14
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
Jan-ish
Med's Request
17-07-14
Med's Done....
22-07-14
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
07-04-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-15
LANDED..........
25-04-15
Great news, congratulations, worth the wait! Wishing you all the very best for your Oath ceremony and your future citizenship status. Spreadsheet updated. :):):)
Thanks LIttleun! Much appreciated. Wishing you a painless and speedy process also.

Reactions: littleun

PMC89

Apr 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
1122 - Professional occupations in business management consulting
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 8 2015 (Received - June 10 2015)
Doc's Request.
January 27 2016
Nomination.....
May 5 2015
AOR Received.
August 21 2015
Med's Request
March 4 2016
Med's Done....
February 8 2016 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
June 8 2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 10 2016
LANDED..........
Inland - June 21 2016 (Officialy PR)
Apply in person at the passport office on 433 Main Street, Suite 400. You can get a passport within 10 business days. You can even request urgent processing and get it in less time . Take along proof of travel - ticket.Check out the website.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/urgent-emergency-passport.html
Thanks for the information and tips alwayspositive. I thouht passort application has to be made onliine but good to know that I can apply in person and request an express service.

Great news and what a fantastic feeling for you that your big day has finally been announced! Wishing you all the best on the momentous day of the Oath ceremony.
Spreadsheet has been updated.
I am so sorry but I don't know anything about the Visa's you would need for Europe so I can't help you on that. BUT, I understand that you will be able to apply for a Canadian Passport 2-3 days after your Citizenship ceremony. I believe that you are able to pay for extra for an enhanced service so that you get the Passport quite quickly, I am sure it is within a few days to a week. Maybe give your local or nearest passport issuing office a call and check with them. :):)
Thank you so much, littleun. No worries, I wasn't asking any information about the European visa. But now that my oath ceremony is on April 26th, I won't have to apply for a visa to Europe provided I receive my Canadian Passport on time. I will check with my local passport office to see if they can deliver it quickly. The website says there are options for urgent/express services.

I wish you all the best littleun. Just curious, why are you so active in this group, helping everyone and updating the sheet for everyone? Are you an immigration consultant or something. Asking out of curiosity :)

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
ve
Thanks for the information and tips alwayspositive. I thouht passort application has to be made onliine but good to know that I can apply in person and request an express service.

Thank you so much, littleun. No worries, I wasn't asking any information about the European visa. But now that my oath ceremony is on April 26th, I won't have to apply for a visa to Europe provided I receive my Canadian Passport on time. I will check with my local passport office to see if they can deliver it quickly. The website says there are options for urgent/express services.

I wish you all the best littleun. Just curious, why are you so active in this group, helping everyone and updating the sheet for everyone? Are you an immigration consultant or something. Asking out of curiosity :)
No I am not an immigration consultant, just a regular August applicant the same as the rest of us. Although I have acted as an Advocate in the past. I volunteered to update after the initial admin seemed to have less time to do so and for a short while the updates were few and far between. We are all in the same boat and it is nice to be able to help. I found when I first applied that getting regular updates on the forum kept me going, so I try to do the same for others now. My goal is to see everyone on the sheet finally get their Oath ceremony, for most their journey has been a long one and it is a life changing event.

I have been a bit less frequent in responding over the last couple of weeks because I have been making hospital visits as my daughter gave birth to two tiny twin babies 13 weeks prematurely. They weighed less than 2lbs at birth so they are in the Neo-natal ICU unit in critical care. Both are doing well. I will try to continue to keep the updates regular.

guptaa

Dec 2, 2014
India
ve

No I am not an immigration consultant, just a regular August applicant the same as the rest of us. Although I have acted as an Advocate in the past. I volunteered to update after the initial admin seemed to have less time to do so and for a short while the updates were few and far between. We are all in the same boat and it is nice to be able to help. I found when I first applied that getting regular updates on the forum kept me going, so I try to do the same for others now. My goal is to see everyone on the sheet finally get their Oath ceremony, for most their journey has been a long one and it is a life changing event.

I have been a bit less frequent in responding over the last couple of weeks because I have been making hospital visits as my daughter gave birth to two tiny twin babies 13 weeks prematurely. They weighed less than 2lbs at birth so they are in the Neo-natal ICU unit in critical care. Both are doing well. I will try to continue to keep the updates regular.
@littleun, Congrats on becoming grandfather. Wish good health to the babies!

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
ve

Congratulations on becoming a grandfather. I wish both babies complete health.