+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 Application

Magdi_abu

Oct 12, 2018
Hi, I have heard of other applicants on the 2018 spreadsheet being told the same thing. The impression I have got from monitoring the spreadsheet is that some provinces wait to send a test invite out until after they have the police checks completed, while other provinces seem to just go right ahead and get the test invites out and tests / interviews done while still waiting for the police checks to complete. I have heard that there is a bit of a backlog for the checks. I guess it is just a matter of waiting. It is very difficult to summon the strength to have enough patience I know. Wishing you all the best that you get to hear about the Oath ceremony sooner rather than later. I have updated the spreadsheet that you have passed the test test. Congratulations.
Thanks

conman

Mar 31, 2014
Hello this is my timeline
Aug 7, 2018 application received
November 9 2018 acknowledging receipt of application
November 21 - started processing of application

How long should I wait do you think?
thanks

rob1345

Jul 14, 2014
Received my passport through the post yesterday to complete the full process, my advice would be if you can go direct to a passport office with your citizenship certificate and application rather than go through a receiving agent, i.e Service Canada.

Reactions: bpayne788

frange

May 25, 2018
Received my passport through the post yesterday to complete the full process, my advice would be if you can go direct to a passport office with your citizenship certificate and application rather than go through a receiving agent, i.e Service Canada.
How long it is taken from deposit to your mailbox? 2 weeks?

rob1345

Jul 14, 2014
How long it is taken from deposit to your mailbox? 2 weeks?
Applied through service agent on the 21st January 2019 received passport on February 26th 2019. My guess if you go direct to a passport office you would be able to half this timeline at least.

frange

May 25, 2018
Applied through service agent on the 21st January 2019 received passport on February 26th 2019. My guess if you go direct to a passport office you would be able to half this timeline at least.
Lol I would go straight to passport office, more than a month.
Even with the regular option it takes no more than 2weeks at the Gatineau/ Ottawa's passport office.

nk.nav

Feb 28, 2017
Hello
I’ve made my test Feb 19 and passed, but they said “ we will not invite you to the ceremony until your Canadian police clearance arrives, and that could take days to months”
I’ve sent them an email yesterday asking if I can do it myself and send it to them, but they didn’t reply.
Did anybody had this issue?
I was also told the same that they are waiting for my clearance. I passed my test on 11 Feb and still waiting for decision made.

Reactions: Magdi_abu

vik302

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
Doc's Request.
25 feb
AOR Received.
06 jan 15
Med's Request
01-03-2016
Med's Done....
09-03-2016
Interview........
Rprf req 03 march 2016
Passport Req..
24-03-2016
Hello guys my fp request was on 17th dec ..i did my fp after 2 days...till now no reply ..what should i do?

Fortheloveofcanada

Star Member
Nov 25, 2015
Hi, I have heard of other applicants on the 2018 spreadsheet being told the same thing. The impression I have got from monitoring the spreadsheet is that some provinces wait to send a test invite out until after they have the police checks completed, while other provinces seem to just go right ahead and get the test invites out and tests / interviews done while still waiting for the police checks to complete. I have heard that there is a bit of a backlog for the checks. I guess it is just a matter of waiting. It is very difficult to summon the strength to have enough patience I know. Wishing you all the best that you get to hear about the Oath ceremony sooner rather than later. I have updated the spreadsheet that you have passed the test test. Congratulations.
Hii i read ur post & it’s very benificial.. do u know how Ottawa office does? Do they wait for the clearance before the test invite or not? Anyone can help?

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Can someone pls help with an answer? Thank you so much
Nobody knows how an office follows a procedure. We are all guessing. You will have to wait to find out even if we say that you might get something in next couple months. Everything is vague. Some people get updates in weeks or months and some wait years.