savva

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply. Is there any phone number that I can call and follow up with my application?
I have very similar dates to yours and called two times already, no really point in calling to be honest, they just tell you to patiently wait for test invite.
your application is most likely at Mississauga office, it's mostly June applicants getting test invites now, anecdotally average processing time at Mississauga office is 15-16 months.

You can follow Mississauga office applicants here to get a better sense of how fast it's moving

Aden_b_son

Jun 9, 2019
I have very similar dates to yours and called two times already, no really point in calling to be honest, they just tell you to patiently wait for test invite.
your application is most likely at Mississauga office, it's mostly June applicants getting test invites now, anecdotally average processing time at Mississauga office is 15-16 months.

You can follow Mississauga office applicants here to get a better sense of how fast it's moving
Thanks, Savva. I need to get my passport early because of my job, I probably need to travel a lot and without a canadian passport I have to apply for a visa each time. Do you know submitting a letter from my job will help the processing goes faster or not?

savva

Star Member
Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, Savva. I need to get my passport early because of my job, I probably need to travel a lot and without a canadian passport I have to apply for a visa each time. Do you know submitting a letter from my job will help the processing goes faster or not?
There is a very strict criteria on urgent processing, you can find more info here. What you described doesn't sound like it would warrant urgent processing.
We are all trying to get to the finish line as soon as possible for one reason or the other ;)

luciano_ca

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
03-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
22-03-2016
Yesterday (June 11) was the Oath Ceremony and I am now a Canadian citizen!

I just checked eCAS and it changed to “complete”.

It was a long journey since PR application (mine was before the Express Entry) and this forum helped me a lot! I want to say thank you for all members who have contributed to the forum. I will still be around to try to help as well (and also see littleun gets to the finish line).

I wish you all speedy process.

Reactions: GraceCan

kasra8888

Nov 24, 2018
Hello guys,
So my ecase is as follows:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 3, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 20, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on October 29, 2018.
This is the most updated info that I have, and since October 20, 2018, I haven't received any new information regarding my application. I applied from Winnipeg, but I moved to Halifax in mid December and then updated my address. I checked the spreadsheet, and I realized that my application has fallen behind. Is this dealy because I moved from one province to another? Should I email/call CIC and ask them...?
By the way, I have never left Canada since I became a permanent resident.

Thanks a lot for your help

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hello guys,
So my ecase is as follows:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 3, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 20, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on October 29, 2018.
This is the most updated info that I have, and since October 20, 2018, I haven't received any new information regarding my application. I applied from Winnipeg, but I moved to Halifax in mid December and then updated my address. I checked the spreadsheet, and I realized that my application has fallen behind. Is this dealy because I moved from one province to another? Should I email/call CIC and ask them...?
By the way, I have never left Canada since I became a permanent resident.

Thanks a lot for your help
Per what has been shared before on the forum, you should ask the IRCC in writing to move your file to new office. They wouldn't do it automatically. If I were you, I would submit a webform or call them to ask where the file is and how to contact the office if a request to move the file is to be made.

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Yesterday (June 11) was the Oath Ceremony and I am now a Canadian citizen!

I just checked eCAS and it changed to “complete”.

It was a long journey since PR application (mine was before the Express Entry) and this forum helped me a lot! I want to say thank you for all members who have contributed to the forum. I will still be around to try to help as well (and also see littleun gets to the finish line).

I wish you all speedy process.
Congratulations on achieving your goal!! Wishing you all the best as a Canadian citizen. Thank you for keeping us all updated through the processing, it is so helpful to all to have an idea of the progress of others in the same boat. Enjoy your new status. :):):)

Reactions: luciano_ca

wilmerserrano

Nov 30, 2018
Hi Admin, My timeline update:

Single in Montreal 1100 Days.
App sent Aug 24 2018
App received Aug 30 2018
Aor Nov 16 2018
In process Nov 20 2018
Test Invite letter May 21 2019
Test Interview date Jun 10 2019
Test passed
Decision Made ECAS Jun 12 2019

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Hi Admin, My timeline update:

Single in Montreal 1100 Days.
App sent Aug 24 2018
App received Aug 30 2018
Aor Nov 16 2018
In process Nov 20 2018
Test Invite letter May 21 2019
Test Interview date Jun 10 2019
Test passed
Decision Made ECAS Jun 12 2019
Congratulations - another significant step forward, the final stage is now in sight. Wishing you a speedy Oath letter and date. Spreadsheet updated. :):):)

Reactions: wilmerserrano

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Admin, please add my timeline to the spread sheet:

Single, 1175 Days
Processing Centre: Montreal
App sent Aug 21 2018
App received Aug 24 2018
AOR Nov 14 2018
In process Nov 22 2018
Test Invite letter May 16 2019
Test Interview date Jun 5 2019
DM Jun 13 2019

Thanks in Advance

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi admin,

please update my timeline, received test invite on June 5 and interview date is July 3.

Thank you
Meya06

Last edited:

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Hi admin,

please update my timeline, received test invite on June 5 and interview date is July 3.

Thank you
Meya06
Congratulations, at last a step forward for you! Well done you have been so patient, wishing you all the best for the test and hopefully a speedy Oath date. Spreadsheet updated. :):):)

littleun

Jun 27, 2018
Hello Admin, please add my timeline to the spread sheet:

Single, 1175 Days
Processing Centre: Montreal
App sent Aug 21 2018
App received Aug 24 2018
AOR Nov 14 2018
In process Nov 22 2018
Test Invite letter May 16 2019
Test Interview date Jun 5 2019
DM Jun 13 2019

Thanks in Advance
Hi, thank you for the details. Congratulations you are well on your way to your new status! I have updated the spreadsheet. Wishing you all the best for a soon to be end to the process! :):):)

Reactions: chaitanyaprsd1