+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

akmh1b

Mar 6, 2018
Today when I called the agent she told me my file was transfered to vancover office last month. What does it mean? I am not in BC though
They may have moved your file to vancouver VO as load management (somtimes if one VO is overwhelmed they move the case to other VOs). Hopefully this VO is quicker. Al the best

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
@tobs my husbands passport will expire on 5th January 2020 so considering the 6 th month validity by July it will be there. Currently still waiting for PPR, aug 7th AOR.
Should he apply for a fresh passport and submit it via web form or wait for PPR to come and then do the needful??? I feel in any case they need to be informed about the new passport everything else stays same.
Please advice what is the right path.
sprry for the late response. don't renew the passport. wait till the PPT comes, the 6 months validity mentioned is at the time you applied in August not now..

rushad10

Dec 10, 2018
Hi guys. Would really appreciate some advice or input from all you experts. @tobs @Asiv adanac @scylla

My AOR is Aug 3 - CEC-inland. I received a PFL last week regarding my claimed work experience. The employer who signed my letter no longer works at the company and the officer states in the letter that they conducted a phone interview with the current manager. The current manager refused to verify several supervisory duties that I mentioned in my letter. Based on that, he said that it seems like I have not received one year of qualifying work experience. My original letter, was crafted and verified by my direct manager, who realized that I performed several supervisory duties and thus signed it. She however has left the company and the current manager, who was not my manager, refused to verify them.

I only had 7 days to respond to the officers letter and did so with an LOE (signed and notarized) from me, explaining as I did above and provided some personal history of my time in Canada. I also attached an LOE from another supervisor who states they are willing to corroborate my duties and lists the duties that I performed under his supervision. He signed that, provided a telephone number, a t4 from the year I worked there (to prove he worked there as well) and a copy of his id.

What do you guys think? Are there people who have gotten approved after a PFL? For one, as it has already been 10 months since I've applied, can I expect a response soon?

Thank you!

yaun10

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
Hi guys. Would really appreciate some advice or input from all you experts. @tobs @Asiv adanac @scylla

My AOR is Aug 3 - CEC-inland. I received a PFL last week regarding my claimed work experience. The employer who signed my letter no longer works at the company and the officer states in the letter that they conducted a phone interview with the current manager. The current manager refused to verify several supervisory duties that I mentioned in my letter. Based on that, he said that it seems like I have not received one year of qualifying work experience. My original letter, was crafted and verified by my direct manager, who realized that I performed several supervisory duties and thus signed it. She however has left the company and the current manager, who was not my manager, refused to verify them.

I only had 7 days to respond to the officers letter and did so with an LOE (signed and notarized) from me, explaining as I did above and provided some personal history of my time in Canada. I also attached an LOE from another supervisor who states they are willing to corroborate my duties and lists the duties that I performed under his supervision. He signed that, provided a telephone number, a t4 from the year I worked there (to prove he worked there as well) and a copy of his id.

What do you guys think? Are there people who have gotten approved after a PFL? For one, as it has already been 10 months since I've applied, can I expect a response soon?

Thank you!
PFL is basically your last chance before getting refused, so you'd better provide everything, as much as you can.

DGS

Jan 28, 2019
sprry for the late response. don't renew the passport. wait till the PPT comes, the 6 months validity mentioned is at the time you applied in August not now..
Thanks @tobs so will wait for the PPR and then proceed for renewal later. Thanks for all the help and guidance. Waiting patiently going to touch the 11th month mark on 7th July. hoping that our turn comes soon. I will keep u posted. Take care have a great day ahead

mainak.g

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Very disappointing service by IRCC.

PR application submitted on August 28th 2018 (CEC Inland and wife lives in India). May 29th received first update about RPRF, schedule A for both of us and wife's re-medical.

Submitted a bridging work permit on Feb 2019 and got approved May 15th but haven't received it yet. Tried calling them so many times but no luck. I don't know what to do and how to receive that. Please suggest experts.

K1ngz

Jan 18, 2019
Hello all,
Please how will I know if am on SS in terms of comprehensive security screening? Where should I check for that on my GCMS notes?

SRayhan87

Jul 15, 2018
Hello all,
Please how will I know if am on SS in terms of comprehensive security screening? Where should I check for that on my GCMS notes?
TYou just check the security section where they mention wheather you are in SS or not. Go through the notes and you will find the section.

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
IS your security started yet?? If started and not mentioned SS then you are good to go.
Man, all pieces of information about security are cut from notes under s15(1)/s15(2)/s16 or whatsoever. It means that you can only know that your security was initiated, but you will never know the status. The information is cut in the second page, actions, admissibility and notes. The only way to know smth about security today is ordering CBSA notes.