+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Dannny

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Dear all,

I have been a silent reader of this forum for many months since our AOR date of June 10th, 2018. Our application was stuck in IP1 stage since the end of June last year, and no one touched our file since then. After reading the posts and replies on this forum, I contacted the local MP to ask for help on April 16th, 2019, and she called the IRCC the next day and got a reply "you will hear from them in ten days." Exactly on April 26th, we received an update on the website, showing that our file was moved to IP2 stage. In the following week, we called the agents through the phone to ask the most current stage of our application, and we were told that everything had passed and is waiting for a "final review." Yesterday (May 3rd, 2019), we received another update in the morning but only to observe an update on the medical exam (which was originally passed last year but accidentally changed to "You do not need a medical exam...", I emailed the CPC-Ottawa about this mistake, and it was corrected yesterday). And in the afternoon, we received the golden email. So I would like to thank all who have been actively contributing to this discussion, and the suggestions are really helpful.

For people who are stuck in the IP1 stage, if the waiting time is longer than 6 months and GCMS notes showed no update for a long time (like ours, nothing changed for 10 months), it would be beneficial to contact a local MP to inquire about the status on your behalf. Just like our MP said, "if I call them, they may realize that this file is important, and this will make the process faster." This is true in our case. If you are abroad, maybe ask someone familiar in Canada who can submit the request on your behalf. However, if you submit the express entry application through an agency, it would be not possible to do it this way; instead, you have to reply on your agent. Here is our time line:

FSW-applicant (Country of Origin: China, Country of Residence: USA)
AOR- June 10th, 2018
Medical Passed - June 26th, 2018
Ghost update - June 27th, 2018 (appear to be a mistake made by the case agent: we have submitted POF but an email of requesting a POF was sent and then reverted! This was shown in the GCMS note)
Review Required for POF, supplementary document (IP1 stage)- from June 27th, 2018.
Order first set GCMS note - Nov, 2018
Order second set GCMS note - Feb, 2019 (exactly the same thing as the first set, showing that no one has touched our file since June 2018)
Contacted the local MP - April 16th, 2019
Background check (IP2 stage) - April 26th, 2019
Medical exam re-updated - May 3rd, 2019 (in the morning)
RFV - May 3rd, 2019 (in the afternoon)
Will send the passport and do landing this month.

This is a complete process that we undertook since last year. It has been a long wait for us. And I hope this will be helpful for those who are still waiting or stuck in the IP1 stage. Once again, thanks everyone for the valuable comments and ideas. :)
Thank you for such detailed feedback. Also congratulations with your PPR! I am an Inland applicant and considering contacting local MP. Could you please tell how do you compose a letter for a MP and what do you ask precisely? I'm a bit oblivious about the whole process.

lichun2644

Jun 25, 2018
Thank you for such detailed feedback. Also congratulations with your PPR! I am an Inland applicant and considering contacting local MP. Could you please tell how do you compose a letter for a MP and what do you ask precisely? I'm a bit oblivious about the whole process.
Hi, you can just google "local MP + your address/region". And call them to make an appointment. They will need you to have an in-office visit in order to assist you.

Reactions: Dannny

papan5069

Jun 13, 2018
New delhi
Category........
Hi, I need a help @cansha @tobs @gau55555 and other experienced members,

I have been under RR for POF since Nov 2018. Now, I have all the liquid cash in one bank say ABC. I want to transfer the entire liquid cash as it is to another bank say XYZ. Do I need to upload bank statement from XYZ immediately or can I wait till PPR or ADR whatever comes next.

Will there be any problem if I transfer to XYZ? XYZ is offering better interest and services than ABC.

Kindly help me !!
Any help!! @tobs @cansha @gau55555 @legalfalcon and other experienced members

Semeg

Oct 13, 2018
Dear all,

I have been a silent reader of this forum for many months since our AOR date of June 10th, 2018. Our application was stuck in IP1 stage since the end of June last year, and no one touched our file since then. After reading the posts and replies on this forum, I contacted the local MP to ask for help on April 16th, 2019, and she called the IRCC the next day and got a reply "you will hear from them in ten days." Exactly on April 26th, we received an update on the website, showing that our file was moved to IP2 stage. In the following week, we called the agents through the phone to ask the most current stage of our application, and we were told that everything had passed and is waiting for a "final review." Yesterday (May 3rd, 2019), we received another update in the morning but only to observe an update on the medical exam (which was originally passed last year but accidentally changed to "You do not need a medical exam...", I emailed the CPC-Ottawa about this mistake, and it was corrected yesterday). And in the afternoon, we received the golden email. So I would like to thank all who have been actively contributing to this discussion, and the suggestions are really helpful.

For people who are stuck in the IP1 stage, if the waiting time is longer than 6 months and GCMS notes showed no update for a long time (like ours, nothing changed for 10 months), it would be beneficial to contact a local MP to inquire about the status on your behalf. Just like our MP said, "if I call them, they may realize that this file is important, and this will make the process faster." This is true in our case. If you are abroad, maybe ask someone familiar in Canada who can submit the request on your behalf. However, if you submit the express entry application through an agency, it would be not possible to do it this way; instead, you have to reply on your agent. Here is our time line:

AOR- June 10th, 2018
Ghost update - June 27th, 2018 (appear to be a mistake made by the case agent: we have submitted POF but an email of requesting a POF was sent and then reverted! This was shown in the GCMS note)
Review Required for POF, supplementary document (IP1 stage)- from June 27th, 2018.
Order second set GCMS note - Feb, 2019 (exactly the same thing as the first set, showing that no one has touched our file since June 2018)

This is a complete process that we undertook since last year. It has been a long wait for us. And I hope this will be helpful for those who are still waiting or stuck in the IP1 stage. Once again, thanks everyone for the valuable comments and ideas. :)
Congratulations on your ppr. Please what is the contact detail or email address of the MP you reached out to. Please what was the content of the message. Thanks

aNewLife

Oct 18, 2018
Dear all,

AOR- June 10th, 2018

Congrats! :)

When you said medicals re-updated, does that mean you had to redo your medicals, or they automatically extended your medicals? :)

lichun2644

Jun 25, 2018
Congrats! :)

When you said medicals re-updated, does that mean you had to redo your medicals, or they automatically extended your medicals? :)
It's neither. Our medical exam has not expired, but the system updated wrongly in its first one. So the re-update is just a correction of a previous mistake.

Reactions: aNewLife

lichun2644

Jun 25, 2018
Congratulations on your ppr. Please what is the contact detail or email address of the MP you reached out to. Please what was the content of the message. Thanks
You will need to find your local MP to discuss about your situation, if you live inside Canada. There is no general MP that you can contact and get help with.

Kaykoy

Jan 28, 2019
Congratulations. What were your ADRs for if you don't mind me asking
1st ADR was to provide bank statements, updated proof of funds, and payslips. Also to complete Family Information form & Background Declaration Form

2nd ADR was to provide payslips and bank statements showing salary deposits from a specific previous employer.

mobear13

Jan 20, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
nova scotia...london uk since march 2019
AOR Received.
18-08-2018
hi guys, today i submitted my passports(me and family), they said 3-4 weeks, should me landing in Toronto before July 9th,i guess i will travel July 1st..

so, any informations about the landing&afterward , what to do ?steps? guidelines? Toronto or Ottawa...
let me know if anyone can help with this..thx a lot and god luck for all

Semeg

Oct 13, 2018
hi guys, today i submitted my passports(me and family), they said 3-4 weeks, should me landing in Toronto before July 9th,i guess i will travel July 1st..

so, any informations about the landing&afterward , what to do ?steps? guidelines? Toronto or Ottawa...
let me know if anyone can help with this..thx a lot and god luck for all
Documents to hold for landing
https://getgcmsnotesbuddy.com/document-requirements/

ShrutiJ07

Oct 22, 2018
Can I contact a local MP Even though I am not an inland applicant? My AOR Is August 25 and there has been no update on my file for past 4 months

imthesunil

Mar 13, 2019
Hi Guys,
I Submitted a 'Fixed Deposit' certificate (Indian Bank) as POF when I submitted my application(Aug 2018). After ordering GCMS notes(March-2019) I found that it says 'Review Required' for POF ('Appears Met'). No ADR was raised, but I am thinking about providing bank statements and Letters from Bofa and chase bank(American Banks) as I am working in USA and have salary deposits in these banks. Do you guys think it will create problem as my first POF was from India and second is from USA . Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

janepham

Star Member
Aug 4, 2018
Just logged in and saw a ghost update! (Said "Application/Profile updated" but when I logged into the application I noticed no new changes). Any advice?

Reactions: Semeg