PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-08-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2019
No and yes. It really depends on each particular application status. There's no hard rule as to CIC's inner working. But I believe ghost update is always a good thing because your file is being worked on. I advise to wait 1-2 days after ghost update to see if anything happens; if not, contact CIC and ask.
but CIC agents do not tell anything if case is being worked on outside canada.

Ashwinder

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
I have completed 7 months as of nw..my eluligibility is still under review..no rr though..dis i knw through wen i called cic twice..gcms notes have been ordered 3 weeks ago.is nything i shud worry abt?after this much tym are there still chances of refusal?

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
I have completed 7 months as of nw..my eluligibility is still under review..no rr though..dis i knw through wen i called cic twice..gcms notes have been ordered 3 weeks ago.is nything i shud worry abt?after this much tym are there still chances of refusal?
If eligibility is under review then it means it’s not cleared. U should look back at the documents u submitted and see if there are any thing that may seem to be vague to the officer

Enorm19

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hi

Should I be worried about my job duties vs the NOC duties? I applied for NOC 0111 (Financial Manager)

As per CIC main duties for NOC 0111:
  • Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of an accounting, audit or other financial department
  • Develop and implement the financial policies, systems and procedures of an establishment
  • Prepare or co-ordinate the preparation of financial statements, summaries, and other cost-benefit analyses and financial management reports
  • Co-ordinate the financial planning and budget process, and analyze and correct estimates
  • Supervise the development and implementation of financial simulation models
  • Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting procedures and investment activities and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets and other financial control functions to senior managers and other department or regional managers
  • Recruit, organize, train and manage staff
  • Act as liaison between the organization and its shareholders, the investing public and external financial analysts
  • Establish profitability standards for investment activities and handle mergers and/or acquisitions
  • Notify and report to senior management concerning any trends that are critical to the organization's financial performance.
The duties as per my employer on my Employment Record sent with my EE PR application:
  • preparation of creditors for payment
  • preparation of debtors statements
  • preparation of financial statements (income statement and balance sheet) which gets sent to our national revenue service
  • daily recon of bank account
  • preparation of budget
  • preparation of cash flow statement
  • supervision of staff members
  • other miscellaneous tasks required by my Directors
Any objective point of view would be appreciated

dinh ngoc minh

Aug 10, 2018
Guys, what is different between two messages from CIC when you raise through webform?
“We verified the information provided and can confirm that the application is still in process”
and

“Your application is in queue for a review by an officer”

rolaesh

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Hello guys,

I got a ppt on Aug 8, my visa office is Ottawa, but I requested a transfer to Lagos Nigeria. I have not heard back from cic on transfer.

Can I go ahead and submit my passport in Lagos? Will it be accepted despite my VO is Ottawa?

Although I am in U.S but travelling to Nigeria, that is the reason for the request

AOR August 17

dinh ngoc minh

Aug 10, 2018
Hello guys,

I got a ppt on Aug 8, my visa office is Ottawa, but I requested a transfer to Lagos Nigeria. I have not heard back from cic on transfer.

Can I go ahead and submit my passport in Lagos? Will it be accepted despite my VO is Ottawa?

Although I am in U.S but travelling to Nigeria, that is the reason for the request

AOR August 17
Ppr on Apr 8 ? You should either raise webform and email to ottawa office.

gitinem

Apr 9, 2019
Hello Friends,

Starting thread for those who have AOR in August 2018 - please join for discussion and knowledge sharing.

If you want to be added to whatsapp group, leave a request.

Below I will post some information which you may find useful going forward.

Some FAQ:

Q: How to find my visa office?

A: Send E-mail to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Subject: E000xxxx - Visa Office
Body of the mail:
Hello,

I am trying to find out in which Visa office my application is being processed?

Application number: E000xxxx
Date of Birth: 19xx-xx-xx
Last Name: xxx
First Name: xxxx
UCI: -
Category of Immigration: Federal Skilled Worker

More tips to follow.

Tracker: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/august-2018-aor-permanent-residency-tracker
Hi,

Please add me into the whatsapp group. My mobile number: +1 (617) 834-4353

AparnaKrishna

Mar 17, 2019
Hello - I've just received my PPR from the New Delhi VO. My AOR was 08th of August. I had a 'Not Met - for Refusal' on my eligibility and a review required on the Bahrain PCC of my spouse (found out via GCMS in the second week of March). The eligibility was marked not met since I hadn't sent them a reference letter with my duties listed out (I'd only sent them the pay stubs and the offer letter). Uploaded the missing letter on the 15th of March. The Review of Additional Documents changed to 'Documents are being Reviewed' from 'Your Documents have been uploaded' on the 01st of April. Further changed to 'Not Applicable' on the 08th of April. Nothing else till the PPR email this afternoon.

We didn't do anything for the Bahraini PCC RR since everything seemed to be in order and we couldn't figure out what could be wrong from the GCMS notes.

Hope this helps.

snowball2018

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Hi

Should I be worried about my job duties vs the NOC duties? I applied for NOC 0111 (Financial Manager)

As per CIC main duties for NOC 0111:
  • Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of an accounting, audit or other financial department
  • Develop and implement the financial policies, systems and procedures of an establishment
  • Prepare or co-ordinate the preparation of financial statements, summaries, and other cost-benefit analyses and financial management reports
  • Co-ordinate the financial planning and budget process, and analyze and correct estimates
  • Supervise the development and implementation of financial simulation models
  • Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting procedures and investment activities and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets and other financial control functions to senior managers and other department or regional managers
  • Recruit, organize, train and manage staff
  • Act as liaison between the organization and its shareholders, the investing public and external financial analysts
  • Establish profitability standards for investment activities and handle mergers and/or acquisitions
  • Notify and report to senior management concerning any trends that are critical to the organization's financial performance.
The duties as per my employer on my Employment Record sent with my EE PR application:
  • preparation of creditors for payment
  • preparation of debtors statements
  • preparation of financial statements (income statement and balance sheet) which gets sent to our national revenue service
  • daily recon of bank account
  • preparation of budget
  • preparation of cash flow statement
  • supervision of staff members
  • other miscellaneous tasks required by my Directors
Any objective point of view would be appreciated

Hi bro,

In my opinion, the employment reference letter submitted with your application is not directly addressing the duties and tasks of a financial manager. It appears to be more suitable for the NOC 1111 - Financial auditors and accountans. The employment reference letter must stress the management and supervision of you as a financial manager and from the current one, I don't see it clearly.

You might want to update a new one following the descriptions closely but please don't copy and paste. Your employment letter must describe truthfully what you are currently doing in your role.

Just my 2 cents, cheers and good luck!

Reactions: Mo-Desire

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Guys, what is different between two messages from CIC when you raise through webform?
“We verified the information provided and can confirm that the application is still in process”
and

“Your application is in queue for a review by an officer”
To put it very crudely - "We verified the information provided and can confirm that the application is still in process" - IRCC did not do anything with the file.

"Your application is in queue for a review by an officer" - They are planning to check it very soon - dunno when.

From what I have read around - when your application is nearing six months - many receive "Your application is in queue for a review by an officer" as they generally group applications into a certain queue based on some parameters.

Sorry for the vague response but thats pretty much what you can understand from their messages.

Reactions: dinh ngoc minh

Enorm19

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hi bro,

In my opinion, the employment reference letter submitted with your application is not directly addressing the duties and tasks of a financial manager. It appears to be more suitable for the NOC 1111 - Financial auditors and accountans. The employment reference letter must stress the management and supervision of you as a financial manager and from the current one, I don't see it clearly.

You might want to update a new one following the descriptions closely but please don't copy and paste. Your employment letter must describe truthfully what you are currently doing in your role.

Just my 2 cents, cheers and good luck!
Thanks for the advice snowball2018

I have been thinking of updating my employment letter for the last while...if I send a new updated letter now will they not see it as me trying to manipulate my duties to fit the official description?

And by updating I was thinking of expanding into more detail on the duties that I have already mentioned in the letter (not changing them at all just expanding and explaining in more detail)

Do you think that will help? Could it harm my application? Will it speed up or delay my application?

Much appreciated

alinee13484

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-08-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2019
guys can anyone help me understand this email i received from CIC right now

This refers to your application for permanent residence in the provincial nominee class. The information you have provided is insufficient for a visa officer to be satisfied that you meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
The provincial nominee class is described in Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada and who intend to reside in the province that has nominated them. Notwithstanding the nomination of an applicant by a province or territory, the federal government has the final authority to select immigrants in the provincial nominee class.
Please read this letter carefully and provide only what is being requested; if you provide incorrect or incomplete information, it may result in your application being refused. You may already have provided similar information as part of your nomination process, but please provide the following ( X ) to assist the federal government with its assessment of your eligibility under Subsection 87 of the IRPR:
1. ( X ) Please note that your case is almost complete, however we note that your medical expires in July, which will limit the visa validity. Please let us know if you would like us to go ahead and finalise, or if you would instead prefer to submit a new medical.
Please submit all of the requested information at the same time, as your file will not be reviewed until submissions are complete. If you do not submit the requested information within 4 days of the date of this letter, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information already provided. This could lead to your application being refused.
Please include a copy of this letter with any information you send.

Reactions: SRayhan87

dinh ngoc minh

Aug 10, 2018
To put it very crudely - "We verified the information provided and can confirm that the application is still in process" - IRCC did not do anything with the file.

"Your application is in queue for a review by an officer" - They are planning to check it very soon - dunno when.

From what I have read around - when your application is nearing six months - many receive "Your application is in queue for a review by an officer" as they generally group applications into a certain queue based on some parameters.

Sorry for the vague response but thats pretty much what you can understand from their messages.
8 months passed and always is in process. Called CIC twice and they said that everything is fine

Reactions: djangoboy