+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

expressca

Jun 22, 2018
"This online service will be unavailable from 3:30 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. Eastern time, on Tuesday April 16, 2019, in order to perform system maintenance."

Reactions: Jimmy01

ba24123n

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
Review required.
I am in a similar situation as you are, as my status is RR (as per online status) but the Eligibility is written "Not Met" (as per GCMS). I sent the required employment experience letter via CSE as a proactive measure without an ADR but did not notice any progress later and I somehow feel my application is not touched at all. My question is, if the agent has written "Not Met" will he/she ever consider working on the application again ? or is it like a straight rejection of my PR but just did not give me that message ? or am I thinking too much and should still be hopeful ?

Slick007

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
I am in a similar situation as you are, as my status is RR (as per online status) but the Eligibility is written "Not Met" (as per GCMS). I sent the required employment experience letter via CSE as a proactive measure without an ADR but did not notice any progress later and I somehow feel my application is not touched at all. My question is, if the agent has written "Not Met" will he/she ever consider working on the application again ? or is it like a straight rejection of my PR but just did not give me that message ? or am I thinking too much and should still be hopeful ?
I am positive that your application will not be rejected and you will be given an opportunity for ADR. You did the right thing by submitting the letter proactively. Just hang in there, as RR cases are already started getting approval from this month onwards for June, July and even Aug AOR. My guess is August AORs it would be clear by May’19 end.

cheekylittleminx727

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
I would open an account before landing, transfer money there, and download statement as POF.
Hey thanks for answering! I actually opened an account in Scotia bank but not sure if the required document will be ready before I fly to Canada in May. Lost track of the time. Didn't realize Holy Week is approaching and there will be no offices during those times.

witty27

Feb 12, 2019
Hey thanks for answering! I actually opened an account in Scotia bank but not sure if the required document will be ready before I fly to Canada in May. Lost track of the time. Didn't realize Holy Week is approaching and there will be no offices during those times.
Is it possible to open bank account in scotia bank if I am still outside Canada and waiting for my PPR? My file was moved recently to local vo. Thanks for those who can answer.

alinee13484

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-08-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2019
Is it possible to open bank account in scotia bank if I am still outside Canada and waiting for my PPR? My file was moved recently to local vo. Thanks for those who can answer.
you will need your PPR and copy of stamped passport to open bank account i think

scotiabank is offering account opening option from home country

Mich4mich

Mar 6, 2019
Hello everyone.

Just accessed my CIC account a short while back to find that I had received an update (Status was "Application Updated"). However, when I checked my application status, I could not find any update as all the information displayed was same as before.

Can anyone clarify if this was a Ghost Update ?? And normally what happens during a Ghost Update ?

FYI, I was informed by the CIC agent that my application was due to be processed before April 23. Other details are in my signature.

expressca

Jun 22, 2018
Hello everyone.

Just accessed my CIC account a short while back to find that I had received an update (Status was "Application Updated"). However, when I checked my application status, I could not find any update as all the information displayed was same as before.

Can anyone clarify if this was a Ghost Update ?? And normally what happens during a Ghost Update ?

FYI, I was informed by the CIC agent that my application was due to be processed before April 23. Other details are in my signature.
Yes, it is. Expect good news.

Reactions: Mich4mich