+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Dannny

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
This is a standard response I guess:

"Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.
Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file."

Received today from CPC Ottawa. Asked them about the status via email over a week ago.
Yes it's generic. Based on the trend, it is really likely that it's a final review.

papan5069

Jun 13, 2018
New delhi
Category........
My dear fellow August 2018 applicants. By the grace of the almighty I have got my ppr. It came in my cic account as a request letter. So don’t get confused if u don’t get it in an email . Thi confusion killed some of my excitement ;) so don’t be the victim of this confusion
I hope u all will receive it soon.

Thank u all for your support
See... told u... congrats and enjy the moment. Pray, that we also get it quick

rushad10

Dec 10, 2018
Thanks Danny for the insight. I hope to hear from CIC soon. Ran out of patience already and no idea why everything is taking so long. I was at least expecting the work permit to approve.
Hi Mainak,

I seem to be in a similar situation, except with a study permit extension. I applied for this a month after i sent my PR application. I am currently on implied status. Applied for both in August and its been over 8 months for both. I am hoping that this is the case because they anticipate making a decision on the PR first or together.

Reactions: mainak.g

rushad10

Dec 10, 2018
@tobs @cansha @Asiv adanac Thank again guys for all your help so far.
A quick reminder, I am on RR for eligibility as the analyst believed I was trying to claim points for my "personal history" when the jobs there are in NOC C and D. You guys said I should proactively raise a CSE and send an LOE.

I applied through a consultant here and they have advised me not to, saying " the PR application has been submitted using the SOP that we always exercise in all our applications. If the officer has any concerns, he or she is duty bound to send us a procedural fairness letter which will be duly responded to in a timely manner."

How does an SOP help in this instance?

Thanks guys!

mainak.g

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Hi Mainak,

I seem to be in a similar situation, except with a study permit extension. I applied for this a month after i sent my PR application. I am currently on implied status. Applied for both in August and its been over 8 months for both. I am hoping that this is the case because they anticipate making a decision on the PR first or together.

I wish you good luck. Hope things will work out for all of us waiting.

ajimond

Apr 11, 2018
AOR: 18th August
MEP: 9th Sept
I called CIC and found out the following:
Eligibility: met
Security and criminality: not started
Last update on my profile: 28th Sept
Still stuck in IP1
I inquired whether any additional docs are required. The lady said no. Your case is in queue for review by your case officer. What can I expect? How long does it take to perform security and criminality? Thanks.
Mine is similar case:A0R Aug 12.
File was last touched in Sept 18.I had RR required on Work Ex and submitted docs pro-actively (ordered GCMS).I called an agent just 2 days ago and he mentioned that my file hasnt been touched since Sept 18.He dropped a note to VO .Fingers Crossed

Reactions: AlexandraO

alinee13484

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-08-2018
LANDED..........
23-07-2019
been trying to log into my account since past 1 hour. but it keeps showing error. anyone else facing the same issue on CIC site?

Slick007

Star Member
Dec 28, 2018
Mine is similar case:A0R Aug 12.
File was last touched in Sept 18.I had RR required on Work Ex and submitted docs pro-actively (ordered GCMS).I called an agent just 2 days ago and he mentioned that my file hasnt been touched since Sept 18.He dropped a note to VO .Fingers Crossed
Glad that agent agreed to send a message for you. I am in similar situation wherein my AOR is 3rd August, RR due to not stating hours per week in employment letter for full time job. Submitted new letter of employment proactively in Feb. Outland USA, Indian Citizen.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
@tobs @cansha @Asiv adanac Thank again guys for all your help so far.
A quick reminder, I am on RR for eligibility as the analyst believed I was trying to claim points for my "personal history" when the jobs there are in NOC C and D. You guys said I should proactively raise a CSE and send an LOE.

I applied through a consultant here and they have advised me not to, saying " the PR application has been submitted using the SOP that we always exercise in all our applications. If the officer has any concerns, he or she is duty bound to send us a procedural fairness letter which will be duly responded to in a timely manner."

How does an SOP help in this instance?

Thanks guys!
I will make following points

1. If you have a consultant why do you want to ask for advice here? Why not just ask them? I understand you are worried and want to know opinions but when it comes down to What Consultant said vs What I say .. I don't know how to respond.

2. Personally, I think most consultant are idiots. Whether your consultant is good or not, I have no idea. You need to make that call. But, my guess is if he was smart he would have advised you to move the work experience for which you are not claiming points to personal history and thereby avoiding this situation in the first place. So may be that guy needs to update his SOP.

3. This forum is full of examples where IRCC has not sent a PFL. Your consultant is not wrong when he says they should get a PFL. But, sadly IRCC has not been consistent in doing so.

4. In full disclosure, I'm not an immigration consultant / attorney and won't even claim to be an expert. All suggestions are based on what I have observed here on various forums and making an assumption that people share their experiences honestly.

Finally, it is your application and hence your decision.

overnight

Jun 19, 2018
Glad that agent agreed to send a message for you. I am in similar situation wherein my AOR is 3rd August, RR due to not stating hours per week in employment letter for full time job. Submitted new letter of employment proactively in Feb. Outland USA, Indian Citizen.
in your GCMS what is eligibility status? NOT MET or Review Required?

cadgijoe

May 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
This is a standard response I guess:

"Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.
Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file."

Received today from CPC Ottawa. Asked them about the status via email over a week ago.
I think your PPR is coming soon.

Reactions: mainak.g