+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
I

I just read my WES report again, and it says that I have a college level certificate (1year) and a college level degree (4 year). I have no clue why would the case officer ignore that. Its just bad.
Tobs will respond to this, but in the meanwhile, dot get too stressed. Three are very very good chances that you shall get your PPR.

Reactions: GauravChopra4

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
You are not getting My point -

So an FSW point indication of 76 may not always mean that you passed the cutoff of a particular round, but it does sometimes.
I get your point but I disagree. (Especially with the last line).

FSW points and CRS points are different and may be mutually exclusive especially because while you may be eligible based on your FSW points, you can be rejected because your CRS scores are not deemed correct to what you have claimed.

E.g: A person has 76 in FSW points and 454 in CRS scores/points at the time he got the ITA. The draw cut-off at that time was 454, so all was good. And then months down the line, for any reason, the officer doesn't think he qualifies for 2-or more certificates with which he claimed points to get the 454 score, and drops his score, that person will still have at least a 74 on the FSW points (Bsc= 21 points, Msc= 23 points, PhD= 25 points; 25 points is the maximum for education under FSW) but will now have say 440 in the new calculated score. He won't be qualified to receive a PR because the recalculated CRS scores are below the draw cut-off at the time he applied despite still having 74 in FSW points.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

That's all I'm saying on this subject. :)

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I

I just read my WES report again, and it says that I have a college level certificate (1year) and a college level degree (4 year). I have no clue why would the case officer ignore that. Its just bad.
The issue here isn't the ECA verification. It's how the rule will be interpreted by the officer (we know how the case analyst interpreted it). We hope the Officer will see it differently because of the clash in the time when both certificates were issued.
@GauravChopra4 when was the exact date of issue of the 1 year certificate and the exact date you got your 4 years Bachelor's degree?

GauravChopra4

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
The issue here isn't the ECA verification. It's how the rule will be interpreted by the officer (we know how the case analyst interpreted it). We hope the Officer will see it differently because of the clash in the time when both certificates were issued.
@GauravChopra4 when was the exact date of issue of the 1 year certificate and the exact date you got your 4 years Bachelor's degree?
I received the certificate in May 2013, and the course was from 2011 to 2013. The graduation was done from 2011 to 2014 and I received the degree in June 2014

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Just got my sister's GCMS and my sister and I are both in denial, but this looks good doesn't it?

AOR August 25, 2018

Assessments
Eligibility: Met
Security: Not Started
Criminality: Not Started
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete

MI3 A11.2: Met
R75 FSW MIN REQUIREMENTS - Met
R76: Selection Critera - FSW Points: Appears to Meet
R76: Selection Criteria - Funds: Appears to Meet
FSW Points total: 70
Ready to finalize RPRF: Complete
R10 OK Recommendation: Pass

CRS score at ITA 453
CRS points minimum score for round: 451
Total CRS points assessed: 453

I've done my research and I've figured that usually if there's a problem it should show up at the notes section (A11.2) but I don't seem to find any "Review required" piece. If there's anyone that can suggest on what to look for, I would most certainly appreciate it.

Seniors please?

@tobs @cansha

Last edited:

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I get your point but I disagree. (Especially with the last line).

FSW points and CRS points are different and may be mutually exclusive especially because while you may be eligible based on your FSW points, you can be rejected because your CRS scores are not deemed correct to what you have claimed.

E.g: A person has 76 in FSW points and 454 in CRS scores/points at the time he got the ITA. The draw cut-off at that time was 454, so all was good. And then months down the line, for any reason, the officer doesn't think he qualifies for 2-or more certificates with which he claimed points to get the 454 score, and drops his score, that person will still have at least a 74 on the FSW points (Bsc= 21 points, Msc= 23 points, PhD= 25 points; 25 points is the maximum for education under FSW) but will now have say 440 in the new calculated score. He won't be qualified to receive a PR because the recalculated CRS scores are below the draw cut-off at the time he applied despite still having 74 in FSW points.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

That's all I'm saying on this subject. :)
I received the certificate in May 2013, and the course was from 2011 to 2013. The graduation was done from 2011 to 2014 and I received the degree in June 2014
@tobs explanation is spot on. While it really depends on offficer's discretion in this case, I think you're good.

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
It is going to be more than 7 months and still no PR or ghost update. Looks like we will need to start out own ARC after June fellows .

How many of you have eligibility met but still waiting for PR?

Reactions: neochanges1

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
It is going to be more than 7 months and still no PR or ghost update. Looks like we will need to start out own ARC after June fellows .

How many of you have eligibility met but still waiting for PR?
My sister's application is in the same boat. Check my comment above, just got her GCMS.

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
Hey Tob and others, I just got some ADRs and really wanna know what update settlement funds are.

I used a savings account statement, deeds of gift, statement of account showing the donor 's transfer to my savings account and bank reference letter.

Now what exactly do I get them? Only updated savings account statement?

Shib

Aug 2, 2010
Anyone got PR issued after 6 months or more waiting period , what is the validity of the PR till your first entry ? How much time do they give you to land in Canada ? Any idea ?