+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

cheekylittleminx727

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Hello guys! To those of you who are coming to Canada (particularly in Toronto), this question is for you. I'm deciding where to find a place to stay. What do you think is the best place for newcomers in terms of accessibility to public transport, shops, banks, etc? I am moving to Toronto in May and I am completely clueless. I am doing some research though. If anyone of you is considering getting a housemate, maybe we can discuss and come up with an agreement. :) Thank you very much and I sincerely apologize for posting such irrelevant question since I know this thread is for PR application. I will truly appreciate your answers! :):):)

fahadxuberi

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Dubai, UAE
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
Raised a query to CPC-OTTAWA, got the below response. I have completed my 6 months today!

Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities. Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when the application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Spoke to an agent today...she said file looks good no review required and all is passed except security which is still pending to begin due to third party involvement...6 months completed week ago..don’t know when security will begin...eligibility got passed on 22 Jan as per agent...since then no activity...please suggest when security will begin and how long it takes to conclude...!!
Its unpredictable
Hello guys! To those of you who are coming to Canada (particularly in Toronto), this question is for you. I'm deciding where to find a place to stay. What do you think is the best place for newcomers in terms of accessibility to public transport, shops, banks, etc? I am moving to Toronto in May and I am completely clueless. I am doing some research though. If anyone of you is considering getting a housemate, maybe we can discuss and come up with an agreement. :) Thank you very much and I sincerely apologize for posting such irrelevant question since I know this thread is for PR application. I will truly appreciate your answers! :):):)
In terms of public transport, I have heard that downtown Toronto is better because they you can have easy access to trams, metro, bus, train and taxi. Although it can be very busy too.
There are cities that are not too far from Toronto like Mississauga and brampton but not very reliable transport system. I dont know much about accomodation maybe @EE456 can give some tips. Hope this helps and good luck to everyone still waiting.

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Raised a query to CPC-OTTAWA, got the below response. I have completed my 6 months today!

Often, delays in the processing of an application are out of our control as some processing steps require coordination with external authorities. Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when the application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required
Background verification still on going. Patience is the key, your PPR is coming.

Reactions: fahadxuberi

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
This is probably my last post in this group. Just finished my landing via appointment at IRCC Etobicoke!!

I've said this before and I say it again: Without this group, my anxiety would have reached record levels. Thanks to all of you for sharing your stories and updates and keeping me sane!

Profile: CEC Inland, citizen of India

Timeline:
AOR: August 1
MEP: August 24
No updates since then until PPR on January 31st (on last day of 6 month processing timeline!)
Got stamped passport within two weeks of sending it.
Got final interview appointment within two weeks of requesting one as well.

Contacted local MP a couple times to get updates, and did a few web form requests as well.

Good luck everyone!
Congrats on the start of your Canadian journey. Just wanted to ask how the landing interview went if you dont mind sharing and what is the email of IRCC Etobicoke?

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Its unpredictable

In terms of public transport, I have heard that downtown Toronto is better because they you can have easy access to trams, metro, bus, train and taxi. Although it can be very busy too.
There are cities that are not too far from Toronto like Mississauga and brampton but not very reliable transport system. I dont know much about accomodation maybe @EE456 can give some tips. Hope this helps and good luck to everyone still waiting.
That's true. Staying in the smaller cities near Toronto is definitely a bad idea. 9.4$ for each Go ride between Toronto and Brampton as an example, multiply that by 2 for each day. Also, some of the drivers in Brampton, for some reason, are arrogant and rude. Toronto is the best bet.

inder2662

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
This is probably my last post in this group. Just finished my landing via appointment at IRCC Etobicoke!!

I've said this before and I say it again: Without this group, my anxiety would have reached record levels. Thanks to all of you for sharing your stories and updates and keeping me sane!

Profile: CEC Inland, citizen of India

Timeline:
AOR: August 1
MEP: August 24
No updates since then until PPR on January 31st (on last day of 6 month processing timeline!)
Got stamped passport within two weeks of sending it.
Got final interview appointment within two weeks of requesting one as well.

Contacted local MP a couple times to get updates, and did a few web form requests as well.

Good luck everyone!
So u met MP?
What he Exactly did? Did he call CIC ? What did u ask him?

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
Accommodation choices depends on many factors, so what I write may/may not suite you. But it works usually.

To start with, looking for a studio or a small house in dntn area is good, though the options are verly limited and quite costly.

TiP- Try to look for an accomodation on TTC lines. East to west or North to south. You can get a map on TTC.ca start referring from that.

Also, if you are not keen on living near dntn and can afford the not so frequent commute initially, look for accomodations in Oakville, Mississauga, or Malton (on Go Line). These have direct Go connectivity to dntn and have plenty of opportunities as well (and cheap too)
If you want to play a little safe , dont book an accomodation for longer period and try smaller durations .
Try Air bnb, kijiji etc.

witty27

Feb 12, 2019
Another day without any news... it's so frustrating... my life is currently standing still and I can't do anything, just waiting for the VISA.
I made plans to receive the visa within 5 months, not 7+ months... My wife and I are here everyday looking at each other thinking "maybe today is the day"... we can't look for jobs, homes...
Same here.

Pks1988

Sep 1, 2018
Another day without any news... it's so frustrating... my life is currently standing still and I can't do anything, just waiting for the VISA.
I made plans to receive the visa within 5 months, not 7+ months... My wife and I are here everyday looking at each other thinking "maybe today is the day"... we can't look for jobs, homes...
I and my wife are exactly in the same situation as well. We have completed the 6 months mark today. Raised CSE more than a week ago - got a generic reply of 'file in the queue to be reviewed by the officer.' Mailed Ottawa visa office twice - got a generic reply once; the second time they didn't reply till today (mailed a week ago)

bbnw61618

Feb 22, 2019
Anyone here with August 6-10 AOR and still waiting on their PPRs? Just want to see if we're still a large group waiting. :confused:

Anyway, I was wondering if...

1. VOs have monthly quotas for PPRs. Since it's month end tomorrow, are we expecting a PPR rain?
2. I'm currently in my BG check. Will I still be asked for an updated POF document if it was already asked last September?
3. If there's no movement on my application and it already went beyond the 6 month deadline, how often should I raise a CSE for them to keep the application moving forward?

Thanks in advance!

papan5069

Jun 13, 2018
New delhi
Category........
Anyone here with August 6-10 AOR and still waiting on their PPRs? Just want to see if we're still a large group waiting. :confused:

Anyway, I was wondering if...

1. VOs have monthly quotas for PPRs. Since it's month end tomorrow, are we expecting a PPR rain?
2. I'm currently in my BG check. Will I still be asked for an updated POF document if it was already asked last September?
3. If there's no movement on my application and it already went beyond the 6 month deadline, how often should I raise a CSE for them to keep the application moving forward?

Thanks in advance!
I'm not in that group however, my AOR is 19th Aug 2018 and no update after med passed in September 2018 [IP1]

J003

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
I'm not in that group however, my AOR is 19th Aug 2018 and no update after med passed in September 2018 [IP1]
AOR 18th August...same status as your. Got to know that the eligibility is met , however BG not started. Not sure how long will it take.