August 2018 AOR - join here

cedarleaf

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Russia
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Hey guys,

I ordered GCMS notes on Jan 22, got ghost update on Jan 24. On Feb 01 CIC agent told my application was approved. So I assume application was approved on Jan 24.
2 weeks passed from ghost apdate and there is no PPR email. Can GCMS notes be the reason for delay of issuing PPR email? May it be they can't send PPR until notes are released?

cheekylittleminx727

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
My AOR is August 3rd. When I spoke to the agent yesterday they said to expect to wait a little longer because my criminality has started but security has not even started yet. They said a decision cant be made on eligibility until both criminality and security is passed. An earlier agent last week said that my eligibility is just being reviewed as per normal and not under review required status. Can i assume then that my Eligibility is passed already or recommended passed as they have started criminality already? Or does eligibility have nothing to do with them starting the Background check part. I am just wondering because I am not sure why they have not even started security yet as its passed 6 months. My file moved from CIO to CPC-Edmonton a while ago I believe.

Thank you in advance to all your help
I believe criminality check coincides with eligibility check. They only verify the validity of your police clearances on this stage. Eligibility is a tedious process since they have to verify information on your education, language ability, and work history. It's not safe to assume that eligibility is met when criminality is passed. Hope this helps.

AV94

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-08-2018
Med's Request
14-05-2019
Med's Done....
20-05-2019
Passport Req..
03-06-2019
Hi guys, just received my gcms notes.
I have review required for proof of funds, I had enough money in my account according to the average currency rate during the submission but they must have checked it on a higher rate day and I appear to have fallen short of 200 CAN DOLLARS.
Can anyone tell me what I can do to resolve this?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Can GCMS notes be the reason for delay of issuing PPR email? May it be they can't send PPR until notes are released?
No GCMS don't cause any delay in PPR. There are numerous cases on this forum where people have received PPR while GCMS notes are in process and they received GCMS notes after they had already received PPR.

Reactions: gau55555

cedarleaf

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Russia
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
No GCMS don't cause any delay in PPR. There are numerous cases on this forum where people have received PPR while GCMS notes are in process and they received GCMS notes after they had already received PPR.
Thank you, Cansha. Do you know why Visa office doesn't send PPR email after approval? My file was approved 2 weeks ago, but no PPR yet.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thank you, Cansha. Do you know why Visa office doesn't send PPR email after approval? My file was approved 2 weeks ago, but no PPR yet.
No I don't know. But in June AORs we have seen people waiting 2/2.5 months post application approval for PPR. So it is not uncommon. You can try raising a CSE, calling or sending an email to your VO and see if that nudges them in sending PPR.

AV94

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-08-2018
Med's Request
14-05-2019
Med's Done....
20-05-2019
Passport Req..
03-06-2019
I'm not sure if this will work but maybe you can send an updated POF through a web form together with LOE. Based on what I've read on some forums, it is advisable to have funds at least $200 or more than the required settlement funds due to currency fluctuations. Add more funds and ask the bank to issue a new bank certificate.
Hi, I am arranging for an updated POF. I had around $500 more than the amount needed at the time of submission but I guess they checked my POF on a date when the currency rate was the highest it has ever been in a year, more than I anticipated.
So, my bad luck.
But I am trying not to worry and just submit all additional docs. so that they start my background check.

Thank you for your reply!

cheekylittleminx727

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Hi, I am arranging for an updated POF. I had around $500 more than the amount needed at the time of submission but I guess they checked my POF on a date when the currency rate was the highest it has ever been in a year, more than I anticipated.
So, my bad luck.
But I am trying not to worry and just submit all additional docs. so that they start my background check.

Thank you for your reply!
I really wish you well in your application! Stay positive. :)

Reactions: AV94

AV94

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-08-2018
Med's Request
14-05-2019
Med's Done....
20-05-2019
Passport Req..
03-06-2019
I know someone already answered your question but always take note for next time incase you wanna post your notes, always blocked out your personal info, this is a public domain. Thousands of people come on this forum. You can delete this and repost it with your personal details blocked out. Just for your safety.
Yes I will do that. My mistake. Thank you for the advise :)

Reactions: Tinaaah

SANA YOUNIS

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
Pakistan
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
how long would a security check take? I called IRCC yesterday and I was told both my criminality and eligibility are cleared but my security check hasn't started . My 6 month timeline ends in 19 days.