Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
My online profile says "We are processing your background check." No update since first week of December. Don't know if my eligibility is met as I have not ordered GCMS notes. I sent an enquiry using the web form and this was their response:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized. Following this assessment, your application was transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario (CPC-O). The office will contact you if they need other documents from you.

The background verifications are currently valid for criminality and have not been initiated for security yet. The medical examination results on file are valid.

Furthermore, if you would like to contact the responsible office directly in the future, you may find the contact information for the CPC-O on our website.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

I feel very anxious now. Hoping we receive the golden email soon.
Looks to me like your eligibility is Met. Order notes

Reactions: cheekylittleminx727

shiyishi

Jul 24, 2018
Australia
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-08-2018
Med's Done....
21-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-04-2019
LANDED..........
11-06-2019
My online profile says "We are processing your background check." No update since first week of December. Don't know if my eligibility is met as I have not ordered GCMS notes. I sent an enquiry using the web form and this was their response:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized. Following this assessment, your application was transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario (CPC-O). The office will contact you if they need other documents from you.

The background verifications are currently valid for criminality and have not been initiated for security yet. The medical examination results on file are valid.

Furthermore, if you would like to contact the responsible office directly in the future, you may find the contact information for the CPC-O on our website.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

I feel very anxious now. Hoping we receive the golden email soon.
a friend received the same reply of CSE (literally the SAME), 4 days later she saw a ghost update and after two days -- golden email. Definitely this reply is a positive one

Reactions: cheekylittleminx727

dasu106

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
Hi All,

Below is my status as reflected in my application/profile details.

Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

As you can see, It mentions that documentation part is done as I included the Police Clearance Certificates as part of my application.

My AOR is 8th Dec 2018
Medical Passed on 19th Jan 2018.

Part of FSWO
I got to know today that CPC Ottawa is processing my application.

Would really appreciate everyone's thoughts on where my application is.

fahadxuberi

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Dubai, UAE
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
Same here, 2 agents told me that my security started mid December but I have ordered GCMS to confirm, I should receive them in 2 weeks.
If it is true that security has started I wonder why it is taking that long :(

Lets pray for each other :)

Reactions: tobs

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
I ordered GCMS notes in Dec and got them in Jan
My eligibility and criminality was 'passed' on 6th Nov by case officer and Security in process since then

When I spoke to an agent in the first week of Jan, she was quite positive and said my case should be approved within 6 months timeline as I am going at the right pace. I have been checking my emails all the time since then.

Now I speak to this lady when I have 23 days to go and shes like...expect PPR roughly by April.

Or maybe they don't want us to keep calling them which is why she gave me 2 months additional time

In your sister's case, I just hope things get done soon. We are seeing PPRs within 5 months which obviously means that all security checks don't take too long. I'm not sure if a good travel history matters. I have a good travel history.
Yes, based on security done here I don't think it'll take 6 months to get that done cause that's just insane. Best of luck to you my friend!

Reactions: fahadxuberi

dck307

Sep 2, 2018
I got on call with an agent and she said eligibility is passed, criminality is passed. She also said background check is in two parts...i have passed part 2 but part 1 is yet to commence. Please what are the two parts in BGC? Tobs please help out.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I got on call with an agent and she said eligibility is passed, criminality is passed. She also said background check is in two parts...i have passed part 2 but part 1 is yet to commence. Please what are the two parts in BGC? Tobs please help out.
security. that's the part that hasn't started.

white coffee

Jan 28, 2019
Hi All,

Below is my status as reflected in my application/profile details.

Application step Current status Help
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

As you can see, It mentions that documentation part is done as I included the Police Clearance Certificates as part of my application.

My AOR is 8th Dec 2018
Medical Passed on 19th Jan 2018.

Part of FSWO
I got to know today that CPC Ottawa is processing my application.

Would really appreciate everyone's thoughts on where my application is.
we can't know where your application is except you order GCMS note.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yes after the completeness check (R10), any issues with the application (or lack of clarity) will result in a PFL before refusal. But incomplete documents before R10 as well as misrepresentation is enough reason for rejection/outright refusal.
IRCC is not consistent about that. From what I have observed PFL is generally sent for Proof of Funds. And I have seen a few cases where it was sent when they are not clear about duration of experience etc.

However, I have also seen 1-2 cases where a rejection came for NOC mismatch even after RPRF request. Wish they were more consistent.

Reactions: tobs

bla1

Feb 4, 2019
Hello, what's the link to the web form ? and what do i state in it if i want to know the status of my application ?