+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

inder2662

Star Member
Feb 26, 2014
I applied for my PR on my own. My husband has criminal record but he is citizen here. Can his record affect my profile?
I’m asking this because they asked me about him when I was going though my ITA forms.

rolaesh

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
My eligibility status is review required due to my NOC has seen on my GCMS note. I can't get my former employer to write a letter stating my job duties. Their references are standard just stating start and end date.
What other documents can substitutes for that. Can internal memo I got then stating my job functions from my supervisor then work? Can attestation by former supervisor or colleague work?
Please suggest what can work apart from official letter from company stating duties performed. Thanks

AV94

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-08-2018
Med's Request
14-05-2019
Med's Done....
20-05-2019
Passport Req..
03-06-2019
I applied for my PR on my own. My husband has criminal record but he is citizen here. Can his record affect my profile?
I’m asking this because they asked me about him when I was going though my ITA forms.
You can attach a letter of explanation with your application or later if they ask you any question regarding this. Since your record is clear, I don't think it would be an issue for any visa officer.

Reactions: Abdelilah

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
when did you apply? If it was going to affect it it would have by now. There's probably nothing to worry about.

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Hi, Tinaaah!

Did you ask your status through email? I also have my VO email, but I thought it is preferable to communicate with them through CSE.
Hi cedarleaf,

I used CSE to find out about my VO and send an email to my VO to ask for update. You can try as well.

gauravmlal

Jun 8, 2018
Category........
Here is the email address : CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

I just asked about the status of my application (eligibility, criminality and security) that the last update was in Sept. Although i didnt get a response to that but that my application is in queue for review by an officer. I include my application number as well as UCI in the email.
Hi Tinaaah,
Did they respond with an answer that your file is in queue for review by an officer in reply to your email ? Most people get this answer by raising a CSE as well , so just wondering how certain it is that they would respond to an email ?

Cheers!

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Hi Tinaaah,
Did they respond with an answer that your file is in queue for review by an officer in reply to your email ? Most people get this answer by raising a CSE as well , so just wondering how certain it is that they would respond to an email ?

Cheers!
Yes they did! I got the response via the email I sent.

gauravmlal

Jun 8, 2018
Category........
Yes they did! I got the response via the email I sent.
Thanks for the quick revert. Two more question, first ,did they reply the same day or took some time ?
Second, what all details did you mention in the email other than your application number ?

Cheers!

charlene007

Jan 30, 2019
Hello everyone. I'm new on this platform. Want to share my EE-FSW journey so far. Hope to get good feedback from you all. Please pardon the long post ahead. Some dates i don't have (when medicals was passed, etc.)

AOR - Aug 20th 2018
Estimated Completion date - Feb 20th 2019
From Nigeria
Single Applicant
Biometrics collection date - Sep 15th 2018
ADR 1 - Scanned copy of Valid passport (old one was going to expire in Mar 2019) Nov 8th 2018
ADR 2 - LOE on Statutory questions (will explain this further) Jan 28th 2018

This is my current status

Application step Current status
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - Not applicable.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - Completed.
Background check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Before my ADR 1, my BGC read 'we are processing your background check'. After i submitted, the ADR column read 'we are reviewing the additional documents you provided'. BGC was still the same. Then before my ADR 2, the ADR column read 'Not Applicable'.

This leads me to the ADR 2. I schooled in the UK for six years so i had to provide PCC for both Nigeria and UK. Within that time, i encountered an issue where my debit card was stolen and used for debit card fraud. I was arrested and detained for approx 14 hours, questioned and released with no charges/convictions. This was a traumatizing experience for me because i never imagined i would find myself in a situation like that. Long story short, when i received my UK PCC, it said 'NO TRACE' which meant no record of anything (arrests, charges, convictions, etc.). Of course I was elated. I was dreading to see my UK police record. This is where it gets tricky, under statutory questions, i was asked if ive been arrested, detained or convicted of any crime in any country. Of course I had to say yes, better to be honest. But then, when the PCC came out, i was a bit confused honestly. So i am guessing they also feel confused on the disparity. So i responded with the LOE explaning my ordeal. The ADR wasn't even specific, it just said 'CLIENT INFORMATION: PLEASE PROVIDE EXPLANATION REGARDING STATUTORY QUESTIONS'. I figured it had to be this issue. I also tried to google what it might mean. Research said if you answer YES to any statutory question, you have to explain.

After i submitted my ADR 2, it was still showing 'we need additional documents to process..'. Then this morning, it changed to 'Not applicable' which is the current status now. However, my BGC changed to 'We will send you a message when we start your background check' which is like going backwards. It was being processed before, now they haven't even started. I am as confused as one can be. I tried to see if someone had a similar experience online but none yet.

charlene007

Jan 30, 2019
Please what is the number to call to find out which visa office is handling my application? Is it the same number used in finding out if eligibility and other bits have been passed?