Passport Req..
01-05-2019
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2019
LANDED..........
14-10-2019

HadiZubair

Dec 27, 2018
Guys. I have landed myself into an issue. Could we please brainstorm about the implications:
Actually in the blood relative category I had mentioned my maternal uncle since he, along with his family, had a PR. My Uncle didn't complete his time over there (since he didn't get a job in Canada so he went on to do job somewhere else) but his family have already gotten the Canadian passports by now. When I received the ITA, his PR card was under renewal process so I attached the PR card as it is and added an explanatory note that the PR card is under renewal. Now somehow his PR is revoked since he did not complete his time over there. I really don't know how it will affect my application, but I am sure its not a good sign. Any suggestions?

Mo-Desire

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-08-2018
File Transfer...
14-09-2018
Guys. I have landed myself into an issue. Could we please brainstorm about the implications:
Actually in the blood relative category I had mentioned my maternal uncle since he, along with his family, had a PR. My Uncle didn't complete his time over there (since he didn't get a job in Canada so he went on to do job somewhere else) but his family have already gotten the Canadian passports by now. When I received the ITA, his PR card was under renewal process so I attached the PR card as it is and added an explanatory note that the PR card is under renewal. Now somehow his PR is revoked since he did not complete his time over there. I really don't know how it will affect my application, but I am sure its not a good sign. Any suggestions?
Did you claim points for relative in Canada? if not it may not affect you but if you did it may affect your eligibility as they will deduct that point from your CRS score. apply for GCMS note to see the details of how your application has been treated so far

HadiZubair

Dec 27, 2018
Did you claim points for relative in Canada? if not it may not affect you but if you did it may affect your eligibility as they will deduct that point from your CRS score. apply for GCMS note to see the details of how your application has been treated so far
Hi... Thank you for the response. Yes I claimed points for relative in Canada. In case even after deduction my point are above the CRS score (score based on which I got an ITA), would it still matter?
Yes I applied for GCMS just 5 days ago so maybe it'll take some time to arrive.

Mo-Desire

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-08-2018
File Transfer...
14-09-2018
r
Hi... Thank you for the response. Yes I claimed points for relative in Canada. In case even after deduction my point are above the CRS score (score based on which I got an ITA), would it still matter?
Definitely, points for relatives in canada would be deducted and your CRS would be recalculated, if after the re-calculation your CRS is still way above the minimum CRS score for your round of invitation then you're good.

gokul.chandran

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
You will also need to check whether you are above the 67 points criteria for Express Entry. In case you are above the 67 points after deducting the points for relative and if your CRS score is above the cut-off (after deduction of points) for which you received your ITA, you are in a safe zone.

Yelzamani

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Info provided at AOR is locked in. At the time you submitted your application his PR status was active.

Also during your initial Eligibility review by a Case Analyst, which I’m sure has already been done IF you’re August AOR, this would have been verified and reviewed by the Analyst before making a recommendation (if it’s recommended Pass, an Officer may not recheck the details).
So now it’s a matter of when exactly his PR status was revoked - before or after that review. If it was before, then surely your points would have dropped.

Order your GCMS notes!

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
Uncles don't contribute Jack to CRS score. Unless it is eligiblity points of 67/above out of 100,you are chatting about.

Last edited:

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
It is just 5 points under eligibility not CRS.

winsome4

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
In my opinion,we can claim points for our bloord relationship,that counts for our siblings,parents and adopted siblings (that means having one parent common in both) in express entry.Not for maternal uncle or aunt