+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

winsome4

Star Member
Sep 5, 2018
The 10th point in CRS calculator clearly states that
10) Do you or your spouse or common law partner (if they will come with you to Canada) have at least one brother or sister living in Canada who is a citizen or permanent resident?

Note: to answer yes, the brother or sister must be:

• 18 years old or older
  • related to you or your partner by blood, marriage, common-law partnership or adoption
  • have a parent in common with you or your partner
A brother or sister is related to you by:

• blood (biological)
  • adoption
  • marriage (step-brother or step-sister)
Hope it clears your doubt

Reactions: Yelzamani

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Can someone please share the phone number to call IRCC within Canada? I know it has been written in this forum but can't find it

misabgd

Dec 14, 2015
Serbia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-08-2018
AOR Received.
22-08-2018
Med's Done....
17-09-2018
Hi guys ...
I just logged in to my CIC account and saw a so-called "ghost update" .. the first movement after medical passed which happened months ago.
Now, the thing is .. my background check status went from IP2 (which was practically from day one) to IP1. Is this normal?

My AOR is Aug 22nd, medical passed on Sept. 17th and biometrics finished and uploaded on Sept. 21st.
Since medical passed there was absolutely no updates .. simple radio silence .. up to today.

Now, I ordered my case notes on Dec. 31st .. and of course, I'm still waiting for them .. however, my question is .. can it be that someone is doing something on my application regarding gathering of information for the case notes and THAT is the only reason why "ghost update" showed .. or .. finally there is some real movement on my application?

Is it normal that applications from biometric must countries go from IP2 to IP1? -what happens next? -I know that it goes directly to IP2 but I haven't seen, or maybe I missed it, to go from IP2 back to IP1. Just for information sharing, I paid my RPRF upfront.

thanks in advance for info...

RohitV

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Delhi
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
Hi guys ...
I just logged in to my CIC account and saw a so-called "ghost update" .. the first movement after medical passed which happened months ago.
Now, the thing is .. my background check status went from IP2 (which was practically from day one) to IP1. Is this normal?

My AOR is Aug 22nd, medical passed on Sept. 17th and biometrics finished and uploaded on Sept. 21st.
Since medical passed there was absolutely no updates .. simple radio silence .. up to today.

Now, I ordered my case notes on Dec. 31st .. and of course, I'm still waiting for them .. however, my question is .. can it be that someone is doing something on my application regarding gathering of information for the case notes and THAT is the only reason why "ghost update" showed .. or .. finally there is some real movement on my application?

Is it normal that applications from biometric must countries go from IP2 to IP1? -what happens next? -I know that it goes directly to IP2 but I haven't seen, or maybe I missed it, to go from IP2 back to IP1. Just for information sharing, I paid my RPRF upfront.

Same here...no update since MEP on 27th Oct.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hi guys ...

IP2 to IP1, normal.
Notes have nothing to do with that.

Mo-Desire

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-08-2018
File Transfer...
14-09-2018
Hi guys ...

Relax and be excited! Your application may have been approved. I'll suggest you put a call through to CIC tomorrow to confirm. As per the gcms notes, it's usually 2-10 days after filing it so am sure the ghost update can't be because of that also don't mind the IP1/IP2 of a thing.

Jan 17, 2019
Hey everyone. Hope everyone is doing great.

I have been following the threads for a while now, and i was of the perpective that individuals should wait for stipulated time frame of 6 months. But based on alot of recommendations given in this group I called up IRCC center and had the pleasure of talking to an agent who seemed to be very polite. I understand that they have certain limitations, and cannot disclose all the information that we want to get our hands on. So she gave me a very directional information which stated that eligibility is passed, medical is passed, criminality is passed but the security hasnt started. So my question to the fellow members here is that how long on average does it take to move the case forward till the finalization. I understand that the query is subjective, and varies from case to case but i guess there has to be some basic similiarities within the applicants. Ohh and btw my AOR is 20th August and i am single FSW applicant from Pakistan. Would appreciate a constructive reply on this. Is there a whatsapp group as well I will request the admin if he/she can add me?

Regards,

Mo-Desire

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-08-2018
File Transfer...
14-09-2018
Hey everyone. Hope everyone is doing great.

I have been following the threads for a while now, and i was of the perpective that individuals should wait for stipulated time frame of 6 months. But based on alot of recommendations given in this group I called up IRCC center and had the pleasure of talking to an agent who seemed to be very polite. I understand that they have certain limitations, and cannot disclose all the information that we want to get our hands on. So she gave me a very directional information which stated that eligibility is passed, medical is passed, criminality is passed but the security hasnt started. So my question to the fellow members here is that how long on average does it take to move the case forward till the finalization. I understand that the query is subjective, and varies from case to case but i guess there has to be some basic similiarities within the applicants. Ohh and btw my AOR is 20th August and i am single FSW applicant from Pakistan. Would appreciate a constructive reply on this.

Regards,
Answering your questions directly, there is no precise time frame for Security to be completed, as you have said, it varies from case to case, your AOR notwithstanding. I've seen October and many September AOR getting PPR so they just do the work based on officers discretion, schedule and nature of file. What I know is that we'll get through successfully.

utshab

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Just had a call with a CIC agent. Although the guy was really sweet, he said my Eligibility is MET but not yet PASSED. That needs to be done by the officer. My criminality is passed and my security is not yet initiated. This is a bit confusing.

What is the difference between Eligibility MET vs Eligibility PASSED? Has it got anything to do with the application not being sent for Security?

Also, this guy was being nice so I asked him further if I would get my PPR within 6 months (Feb 23). He said I might get it, but there maybe delay, he isn't sure and can't comment on that.
Any thoughts guys..

Verin

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
Just had a call with a CIC agent. Although the guy was really sweet, he said my Eligibility is MET but not yet PASSED. That needs to be done by the officer. My criminality is passed and my security is not yet initiated. This is a bit confusing.

What is the difference between Eligibility MET vs Eligibility PASSED? Has it got anything to do with the application not being sent for Security?

Also, this guy was being nice so I asked him further if I would get my PPR within 6 months (Feb 23). He said I might get it, but there maybe delay, he isn't sure and can't comment on that.
Any thoughts guys..
Mine is the same timeline . When I called CIC, the agent mentioned eligibility met, criminality passed security not started But he also mentioned that in principal eligibility met means application is approved

Reactions: utshab