+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
When you fill up the form there is another page when you can upload documents, just go ahead, you'll be able to upload them in the following page, I have done so to upload a new LOE following a schedule A request.
Ok, thank you, I'm just about to attempt it!

schilz

Star Member
Dec 25, 2018
Hi all, I have an AOR of 13 Dec 2018, and wanted to ask a question regarding the documents I uploaded as a part of my application: I have been wondering whether I should have included a scan of my old passport, which was valid up to June 2010. I have a very extensive travel history as I used to live and work in the UK - in the ten years from Dec 2008 to Dec 2018, I had close to a hundred foreign trips to the US, Europe, Asia and Africa.

While I have included a scan of my current passport and all stamped pages in it, the old passport would show my travel history from Dec 2008 to June 2010 that is obviously not in the current passport. Should I go ahead and upload a copy of my old passport unprompted?
Yeah, go for it.
I also did, for my previous two passports.
While it was a pain (extensive travel history too), better to be safe than sorry.

derkdsou

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2018
Yeah, go for it.
I also did, for my previous two passports.
While it was a pain (extensive travel history too), better to be safe than sorry.
Thanks. I am starting to hear from people who have apparently passed a completeness check for documents without having included a copy of their expired passport(s), but I guess it's better to be safe and avoid an ADR later.

Last edited:
Reactions: mumbaikar88

Dannny

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
I noticed an interesting detail in my GCMS notes is that although the status of security remains 'not started', there is a couple of entries in Security section. The note 1 is blank, which leads me to the thought that they actually do conduct SC.

I suppose they just don't tell you. Often you can see people with not started security as of late December but they got their PPR now in January.

congratulations.. i have a question.. On Jan 7, did the CIC agent say "Security not Started"? In that case, do you think it got started after Jan 7 and was completed in a day or 2? Or was it that although the CIC agent said security not started but actually it had started and the agent did not have that information?

Mo-Desire

Star Member
Nov 22, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-08-2018
File Transfer...
14-09-2018
Thanks. I am starting to hear from people who have apparently passed a documents completeness check without having included a copy of their expired passport(s), but I guess it's better to be safe and avoid an ADR later.
Not adding your previous passport doesn't affect your R10 / completeness check. Some of your travel history may want to be verified during background checks hence you may risk ADR in this case I'd your

dck307

Sep 2, 2018
I am a little bit worried. AOR is August 28. Been on IP2 from the beginning. Got ADR for schedule A and RFPF in September and responded to call. I Called CIC in Oct and Nov and the CIC agents said review required. Ordered GCMS notes in November and it's over 45days and i have not received it. What could be wrong and am i likely to get PPR soon?

Last edited:

Abhi_praji

Jan 12, 2019
Hey!

Finally it's end to my journey of AOR to PPR.

ITA May 9
CRS 468. NOC 4166
FSW Outland. Nationality- India. Country residing-India.

AOR August 4
Med Pass August 27

IP2 November 2

Contact made to IRCC on following dates
November 26 -
Eligibility Recommended Pass
Security not started yet
Criminality Passed​
December 7 -
Eligibility In progress
Rest same​
January 7 -
Same as last.
PPR on January 11.

In all 160 days.

Posting late as I came to know late by my consultant.

All the best guys!
Congrats on the mail.
Did you applied for family PR or individual?

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
I am a little bit worried. AOR is August 28. Been on IP2 from the beginning. Got ADR for schedule A and RFPF in September and responded to call. Called Oct and Nov and the CIC agents said review required. Ordered GCMS notes in November and it's over 45days and i have not received it. What could be wrong and am i likely to get PPR soon?
Who called you ? What is your country of residence ?

utshab

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
I noticed an interesting detail in my GCMS notes is that although the status of security remains 'not started', there is a couple of entries in Security section. The note 1 is blank, which leads me to the thought that they actually do conduct SC.

I suppose they just don't tell you. Often you can see people with not started security as of late December but they got their PPR now in January.
thanks for sharing that..

cedarleaf

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Russia
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
That should be the least of the worries. Our LVO is one of the slowest from what I heard and read. You have 1 month left and nothing seems to have progressed in your file.
That should be the least of the worries. Our LVO is one of the slowest from what I heard and read. You have 1 month left and nothing seems to have progressed in your file.
I know nothing about our VO, but according to my GCMS notes my file hasn't been touched from 4th Oct (from the date when Warsaw received my application from CIO), this means they did nothing. But they have begun to work on my file recently, because I received biometrics request for my spouse last week. This is inspiring news.

J003

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Hey Guys. Hope you all are well. I am new to this forum and looking to seek some advice. My timeline is as below :

FSW India
AOR : 18th August 2018
MEP : 8th September 2018
Background says “ Your application is in progress” since the medical has been passed. No further updates received yet.

Had called CIC agent twice , just to know whether i have passed eligibility ,security etc , however the reply was “ You have not crossed 6 month mark. The background check has not started yet”.

I don’t want to order notes as it may take a month and i am completing 6 month mark in month.

Your insights on the above would be really appreciated. Cheers

cadgijoe

May 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
Hey Guys. Hope you all are well. I am new to this forum and looking to seek some advice. My timeline is as below :

FSW India
AOR : 18th August 2018
MEP : 8th September 2018
Background says “ Your application is in progress” since the medical has been passed. No further updates received yet.

Had called CIC agent twice , just to know whether i have passed eligibility ,security etc , however the reply was “ You have not crossed 6 month mark. The background check has not started yet”.

I don’t want to order notes as it may take a month and i am completing 6 month mark in month.

Your insights on the above would be really appreciated. Cheers
I strongly suggest you order notes, my friend.

HadiZubair

Dec 27, 2018
Hiiii Guys... I've got one question, not specifically to August AOR though. What if your application is still under process (whether ITA stage or AOR stage) and your CIC profile's expiry date is right around the corner? would the profile get deleted whatsoever or how does it work?