+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

anirudh279

Oct 17, 2018
Hi folks,

I have been following the forum off and on since my AOR and tried my best to be patient till the 6months timeline, ending 6th Feb'19. I have applied through a consultant and have followed more like a file & forget strategy to keep the anxiety in check (till this week atleast):(.

After going through 150+ pages of the group today I find solace in the fact that I am not the only one feeling so anxious now that its almost 5months for many of us.

To the lucky ones who have got the PPR as well as the ones eagerly waiting. I have 2 queries :
1) I got a ghost update on 9th Jan - Canadian time, anyone who can guide or speculate what that means?
2) I would be odrdering GCMS Notes in Feb, but wanted to know what are the chances (if any) that my application may be denied or ADR generated at this stage?

Here is an overview of my profile:
FSW - Outland (India)
Male - 28, Single Applicant ; $14,000CAD POF (in salary account).
2.5yr work ex (2 different NOC codes) ; 2 organisations
Travel History of 1 week each in 4 countries (US, UK, France & Germany) between 2009 - 2015
Renewed Indian Passport in 2012.
CRS - 450 ; ITA - 25th June'18
AOR - 6th August'18 ; MEP - 26th August'18
IP2 - 21nd Nov'18 and finally a Ghost Update - 9th Jan'18 (coincidently, same day as the 1st CIC draw for 2019)
RPRF paid and total time since AOR is 160+ days.:rolleyes:

Now that the deadline is near and my work deliverables are over, I can't help but obsess about my application. All though my agent says average time has gone up for everyone from 4 months to 5.5-6 months since June'18 and know of 2 other freinds with almost same timeline (though they are in Canada) who await hte golden email.
Was really looking forward to advice from you guys on my profile/queries.

Regards,
Anirudh:)

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hi folks,

I have been following the forum off and on since my AOR and tried my best to be patient till the 6months timeline, ending 6th Feb'19. I have applied through a consultant and have followed more like a file & forget strategy to keep the anxiety in check (till this week atleast):(.

After going through 150+ pages of the group today I find solace in the fact that I am not the only one feeling so anxious now that its almost 5months for many of us.

To the lucky ones who have got the PPR as well as the ones eagerly waiting. I have 2 queries :
1) I got a ghost update on 9th Jan - Canadian time, anyone who can guide or speculate what that means?
2) I would be odrdering GCMS Notes in Feb, but wanted to know what are the chances (if any) that my application may be denied or ADR generated at this stage?

FSW - Outland (India)
Travel History of 1 week each in 4 countries (US, UK, France & Germany) between 2009 - 2015
IP2 - 21nd Nov'18 and finally a Ghost Update - 9th Jan'18 (coincidently, same day as the 1st CIC draw for 2019)

Now that the deadline is near and my work deliverables are over, I can't help but obsess about my application. All though my agent says average time has gone up for everyone from 4 months to 5.5-6 months since June'18 and know of 2 other freinds with almost same timeline (though they are in Canada) who await hte golden email.

Regards,
It's very possible that your file is approved or in the process of being finalized.

How about you give IRCC a call ?

Reactions: Smmm and anirudh279

anirudh279

Oct 17, 2018
It's very possible that your file is approved or in the process of being finalized.

How about you give IRCC a call ?
Hi EE456,

Thanks for the prompt reply, its about 2:30am in Canada so was waiting till evening. Should I be worried about an ADR or hopeful for a PPR?..... just asking.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hi EE456,

Thanks for the prompt reply, its about 2:30am in Canada so was waiting till evening. Should I be worried about an ADR or hopeful for a PPR?..... just asking.
I think it's the latter, otherwise you would have received the ADR. Try to call now mentioning the ghost update, if they tell you your application has been approved, then you can invite us for some delicious Indian food. Let me know how the call goes.

Abhi_praji

Jan 12, 2019
What is the number to call CIC agent from India to know the status.
My case in IP2 since Oct.
What to tell CIC agent to know about the status
Sorry if I'm repeating the same question, I'm new to this portal

Abhi_praji

Jan 12, 2019

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017
the number is ±16139444000
All the best and the ID is your application number or UCI number

Reactions: Abhi_praji

Sunshine41

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Med's Done....
27-08-2018
Hey!

Finally it's end to my journey of AOR to PPR.

ITA May 9
CRS 468. NOC 4166
FSW Outland. Nationality- India. Country residing-India.

AOR August 4
Med Pass August 27

IP2 November 2

Contact made to IRCC on following dates
November 26 -
Eligibility Recommended Pass
Security not started yet
Criminality Passed​
December 7 -
Eligibility In progress
Rest same​
January 7 -
Same as last.
PPR on January 11.

In all 160 days.

Posting late as I came to know late by my consultant.

All the best guys!

Last edited:

cadgijoe

May 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
Hey!

ITA May 9
CRS 468. NOC 4166

AOR August 4
Med Pass August 27

IP2 November 2

November 26 -
Security not started yet
Criminality Passed​
December 7 -
Eligibility In progress
Rest same​
January 7 -
Same as last.
PPR on January 11.

In all 160 days.

All the best guys!
Congratulations! So security must in fact started even though agent said otherwise. Were you aware of any ghost update?

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
Hey!

ITA May 9
CRS 468. NOC 4166

AOR August 4
Med Pass August 27

IP2 November 2

November 26 -
Security not started yet
Criminality Passed​
December 7 -
Eligibility In progress
Rest same​
January 7 -
Same as last.
PPR on January 11.

In all 160 days.

All the best guys!
Great to hear this Buddy .... Good news at the end of Week.... Congratulations...Let us know your VO and from where did you get the PPR mail plz..

Last edited:

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
Hi folks,

FSW - Outland (India)

Regards,
You can choose to call them. They shall be able to tell you if you are lucky and get to talk to a nice agent. Monday to Friday 8-4 EST .

Sunshine41

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Med's Done....
27-08-2018
Congratulations! So security must in fact started even though agent said otherwise. Were you aware of any ghost update?
Thank you!

No, I am not.
As the account is managed by my consultant and even on asking she didn’t say anything about ghost update.

Reactions: cadgijoe