+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018
Great. All the best! Did you check your account late? Just wondering if ghost update came in non office hours.
It did indeed! I checked it at 6pm EST and then few minutes ago, I saw ghost update. Not getting ahead of myself though. This ghost update could be result of GCMS notes that I ordered last week, or my file getting transferred to Sydney,NS. :D:D

Reactions: smash1984

cadgijoe

May 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
What could be the reason?

As someone stated few days back that PPR quota of some of VOs is over for the year?

But that doesn't sound correct information.

This sounds plausible to me:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/kind-of-slow-ppr-explanation-from-another-forum.243094/
and I quote:

source:
http://forum.yorkbbs.ca/showtopic-3751241.aspx
AND
http://trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/439822243/ppr-requests-slowed-down-cic-usa-visa-offices

Basically, in this page, the guy quoted something back in 2009:

"A CIC staff member told me this at a public event - sometimes visa offices shift their focus for some time (several months?) towards other type of applications like PNP, CEC, etc. This happens in case the particular visa office hasn't achieved the "target" (they have no quotas per year, but they do have targets to be achieved for every category) of processing that category of applications in a particular period, which is not necessarily an yearly period. Accordingly, they suspend work on other type of applications until they have achieved their other targets.
If you create a similar chart as above for CEC, PNP, etc. at Buffalo, then you will find that office processing good volumes in the months of Aug, Sep and Oct in these categories. So, they will come back to FSW apps after they have achieved their targets - I hope they do not prolong this game beyond 2009. "
From myimmitracker data, in Dec 2017, CEC was gathering momentum, though FSW was still ok; but come Jan 2018, FSW was really weak, while CEC and PNP were major...

radzee01

May 26, 2018
India
Visa Office......
PUNE
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-05-2018
Review of Additional document changed from "NA" to "We are reviewing your additional documents" for me. I am in IP2 now. Has anybody faced status change like this?
I submitted imm5475 on 31st august-> 1st Sept: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided" -> 27th Sept: IP2 and "NA" for additional documents->2nd Oct: Again, "We are reviewing your additional documents" .
Is this normal?
Hi - I faced the similar situation. What is this suppose to mean?
Did you get any more doc requirement? or just the PPR directly?

anika016

Star Member
Aug 29, 2018
Last night I called CiC and luckily got connected in the first try to an agent. Call made around 10:51pm IST, waited for 31 mins before speaking to an agent. First time we spoke around 2nd week of November, the eligibility was still in progress. Now we have met eligibility, background check not started. We were told that criminality and security will be done as part of background check. The agent sounded positive as though there are no hurdles ahead, but said we should hear something by end of February. It's nothing but end of the processing time for AOR of August 16th. No news is good news, I think all will get it sooner or later. We just need to forget about it for few weeks, enjoy Christmas n New Years.

goyalneha60

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Been stuck in IP1 for 60 days now, AOR - 30th August.
Others in similar situation?
And is there any one whose status on CIC shows as IP1 but the agent ha said that the eligibility, criminality, etc. is done?
Not that two cases are similar, but because I haven't been able to get through to an agent, looking for some trends..
Hi
Can you please tell me which agent and what is this for ? I have seen a lot of posts about some agent but I didn't get to know who is this and how to contact . Thank you so much

Dec 11, 2018
This is almost me down to a tee. Did my medicals in July, Submitted all fees and documents same day. AOR Aug 17th Biometrics Sept 15th, completed the next day. Updated on website as completed on Sept 19. Not a fucking word since then. The wait is agonizing
I am on the same boat... No update whatsoever since then and I am sitting here like a duck!

I don't know if I should be asking for this GCMS notes thing or not...?!

harsh19

Dec 7, 2018
Hi All,

Had raised a query via CSC and got the following response. MY AOR - 18th AUG and VO is Ottawa offc. This looks to be a super delayed case where after completing 4 months the case hasen't completed the eligibility - Pass

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your permanent residence application under the Federal Skilled Workers Class.

• The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized on September 28, 2018. Following this assessment, your application was transferred to the Ottawa, Canada office. The office will contact you if they need other documents from you.
  • The background verifications have not been initiated.

Can Someone help me if they are also stuck in same situation with Ottawa office.

pursuit_of_happiness

Jul 23, 2018
This sounds plausible to me:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/kind-of-slow-ppr-explanation-from-another-forum.243094/
and I quote:

source:
http://forum.yorkbbs.ca/showtopic-3751241.aspx
AND
http://trackitt.com/usa-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/439822243/ppr-requests-slowed-down-cic-usa-visa-offices

Basically, in this page, the guy quoted something back in 2009:

"A CIC staff member told me this at a public event - sometimes visa offices shift their focus for some time (several months?) towards other type of applications like PNP, CEC, etc. This happens in case the particular visa office hasn't achieved the "target" (they have no quotas per year, but they do have targets to be achieved for every category) of processing that category of applications in a particular period, which is not necessarily an yearly period. Accordingly, they suspend work on other type of applications until they have achieved their other targets.
If you create a similar chart as above for CEC, PNP, etc. at Buffalo, then you will find that office processing good volumes in the months of Aug, Sep and Oct in these categories. So, they will come back to FSW apps after they have achieved their targets - I hope they do not prolong this game beyond 2009. "
From myimmitracker data, in Dec 2017, CEC was gathering momentum, though FSW was still ok; but come Jan 2018, FSW was really weak, while CEC and PNP were major...
seems like this issue has been there since eternity. any idea how many months exactly do they shift their focus for considering past trends.

Sep 5, 2018
I dont know what is happening with Ottawa VO, AOR 2 August, ordered my GCMS and received it about 3 weeks ago, when I received it everything seems fine eligibility recommended pass same with criminality but security not started. Last update I got was on the 13 Sept for biometrics, since then other than this progress bar which I am not sure is useful no other update... sometimes I feel like screaming...but all is well that ends well .. lets stay strong am thinking of placing a call to them but tried a couple of times in the past and with the festive season ahead cant tell if activities will dwindle

Hi All,

Had raised a query via CSC and got the following response. MY AOR - 18th AUG and VO is Ottawa offc. This looks to be a super delayed case where after completing 4 months the case hasen't completed the eligibility - Pass

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your permanent residence application under the Federal Skilled Workers Class.

• The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized on September 28, 2018. Following this assessment, your application was transferred to the Ottawa, Canada office. The office will contact you if they need other documents from you.
  • The background verifications have not been initiated.
Can Someone help me if they are also stuck in same situation with Ottawa office.

harsh19

Dec 7, 2018
I dont know what is happening with Ottawa VO, AOR 2 August, ordered my GCMS and received it about 3 weeks ago, when I received it everything seems fine eligibility recommended pass same with criminality but security not started. Last update I got was on the 13 Sept for biometrics, since then other than this progress bar which I am not sure is useful no other update... sometimes I feel like screaming...but all is well that ends well .. lets stay strong am thinking of placing a call to them but tried a couple of times in the past and with the festive season ahead cant tell if activities will dwindle
Yes Even I ordered my GCMS notes and received it on 27 Nov and everything was marked as recommended pass. Bu nothing has started yet. I so agree with you that even I feel like screaming but of no use. The only thing left is patience.