+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Rhans

Dec 16, 2018
AOR: 2018-12-12 (Same day as the EE application was submitted)
RPRF (Upfont), Medical (Upfront)

Within hours of submitting, below is the current status of my application. I am wondering which stage am I at? (Notice status next to Review of eligibility & Background check ). As I understood many of you had "Background check" status same as mine quite later at application stage??

Application step Current status
Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Last edited:

Ashtush

Apr 7, 2017

Within hours of submitting, below is the current status of my application. I am wondering which stage am I at? (Notice status next to Review of eligibility & Background check ). As I understood many of you had "Background check" status same as mine quite later at application stage??

Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
IP2 !

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Current status - Criminality - passed, Eligibility - recommend pass, security - not started!

Still confused between Security vs. Criminality! Logically speaking, shouldn't criminality be a sub section of security?
Any help to put my doubts to rest is appreciated!
Criminality is to check any criminal record you may have in the past and the check is done based on PCC. For example UK PCC may state, "No Trace" or "No Live Trace". If "No Trace" is mentioned then criminality will be passed based on that but "No Live Trace" means there was a criminal charge which is resolved/dropped. IRCC will ask further documents to see the seriousness of the charge and proof of final judgement. If IRCC is satisfied that the candidate is clean or a minor offender then they will pass Criminality but any major crime may lead to the rejection of the application.

While Security check is more intense and broad background check where IRCC will use internal and external security intelligence to check if the candidate pose any threat to Canada (i. e terrorism activity or support, mafia involvement etc.). IRCC may even check your online activities. They will ensure, applicant is no way related/connected to any activity which may cause any kind of security threat to Canada.

Coming to your question, if Criminality was part of the Security check then IRCC need to do security check for every applicant. As security check is more expensive and time consuming, it is not worth if some one does not pass the Criminality check.

Hope you have better understandings now. You can read legal falcon's thread here-
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

Last edited:

Vaheed

Oct 5, 2018
Iran
AOR Received.
23-08-2018
Med's Done....
16-09-2018

Review of eligibility
I guess you're required to do biometrics. If that's correct, my personal experience and also reading from here and there says you'll stay in IP2 stage, then after medicals being passed, the status "may" change back to IP1 and later on becomes IP2 again. But these are just speculations. As far as I realized in this journey so far, except from "Review of medical results" the rest are just meaningless. You'll need to wait for two major messages, first your Medical results, and second the PPR.

cadgijoe

May 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
Hi All,

Please see the link below:

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-CIC-so-slow-and-what-are-their-employees-doing-all-day

I do not know the authenticity of the reply however, it seems that there are targets to issuing visa annually which might slow down or delay processing.
Nice found, thanks! It may very well be the case. Though I think they already have another way, arguably more effective, of controlling the flow, which is via the number of ITAs issued.

Coupling with the facts that PPRs are still being issued, albeit at a much lower and slower rate, and that this year they have broken their records of ITAs issued, I ponder this could be simply a case of overwork and limitation of PPRs shall further strangle the bottleneck.

After all, we are at mercy of somebody else and can only hope.

snowball2018

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Nice found, thanks! It may very well be the case. Though I think they already have another way, arguably more effective, of controlling the flow, which is via the number of ITAs issued.

Coupling with the facts that PPRs are still being issued, albeit at a much lower and slower rate, and that this year they have broken their records of ITAs issued, I ponder this could be simply a case of overwork and limitation of PPRs shall further strangle the bottleneck.

After all, we are at mercy of somebody else and can only hope.

There are only a few days left until Christmas, I sincerely hope for us all to get PPRs and start preparing for the new journey....

Mar 12, 2018
Is it usual to have it so early? What it may mean sooner result expected or else?
Yes, it’s quite common to have this message. Just relax n stay calm. There are people who received ppr in a months time n there are people like me waiting for almost 122 days and counting. I wish you get your ppr email soon.

Rest watch this forum filled with anxious n knowledgeable people resolving each other’s queries..

Reactions: Tanuj.monga

cheekylittleminx727

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
AOR: August 30, 2018

Application Step Current status
Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.

What stage am I now? Am I close to getting the golden email?

Semeg

Oct 13, 2018

Review of eligibility

Yes you close to golden email and this called IP2

Reactions: Hope1805

MAK2018

Sep 17, 2018

Review of eligibility

FYI - I have been at this stage since 22nd Nov, I wish you get PPR soon