+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

JJ_87

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
I just got my GCMS notes today. My eligibility is marked as review required because the case analysis person think I can't claim 50 for my education.

To explain my situation. I studied in Canada for 2 years and got a diploma. After that, I went to Switzerland and started from year 3 directly because it's the same major and they recognized my Canadian transcript. After I finished another 2 year study, I received both the Switzerland school's bachelor's degree and a UK's bachelor's degree. This is due to the collaboration between our school and UK's school.

In the WES document, I assessed both schools at once. On the first page was my Swiss school, which marked as non-recognized, but on the second page, the UK school was marked as recognized institution. So when I claimed points for 2 or more certificates, I put UK school's name on my education history.

Back to my GCMS notes. The case analysis person stated "RECOMMENDATION: Review Required MI3 SUMMARY NOTES: ECA PROVIDED WAS FROM A NON-RECOGNIZED INSTITUTION, PA CLAIMED 50 POINTS FOR SKILL TRANSFERABILITY, BUT DUE TO IT APPEARING TO BE A NON RECOGNIZED INSTITUTION PA MAY HAVE FELL BELOEW CRS SCORE THRESHOLD. OFFCER PLEASE REVIEW. A11.2 Appears Met R87.1 CEC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS -Appears Met Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete.

SO, MY QUESTION IS
1. I raised a web form today to ask them look at the second page on my ECA report because that's the school I am claiming points for. Is that good enough?
2. Why does R87.1 is "Appears Met Ready to Finalize", I thought they are having issue to my eligibility. Does that mean another Pearson reviewed my case and found the error? If that's the case, it doesn't make sense, because the notes was generated on Nov 15 and I got an email from CPC Ottawa in December said my application is in queue to be reviewed by an officer.

I really appreciate anyone's help!
1. You can wait for their response and then act accordingly
2. Ready to finalize is for RPRF, not for eligibility

Reactions: Yelzamani

Erinyes722

Dec 13, 2018
I haven't heard any inland CEC got their PPR for a while. I'm already on 127 days and my work permit will expire soon. Very anxious right now. I also applied bowp on 16 Oct. Hope it would be approved in the next week

bhutravi1991

Dec 1, 2017
I haven't heard any inland CEC got their PPR for a while. I'm already on 127 days and my work permit will expire soon. Very anxious right now. I also applied bowp on 16 Oct. Hope it would be approved in the next week
I m already 122 days inland under CEC
No medicle update
No eligibility
No security
Only they did is criminality done.
I dont know howlong will it take....☹

BNS007

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello,

FSW-Outland (India)
NOC: 3112 - General (Family) physician (wondering if NOC has any impact on prioritising applications by CIC)

AOR: 3-Aug
IP1: 25-Aug
Medical: 30-Aug
(Yes, IP1 before medical)

Called CIC on 23-Oct
Status back then as per call center agent:
Visa office: CPC-Ottawa
Eligibility: Met
Criminality: Not yet started
Security: Not yet started

IP2: 22-Nov

Called CIC on 6-Dec
Eligibility: Met / Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security: Not started

Ordered GCMS Note: 14-Dec

And fingers crossed!

Thanks

Reactions: Hannahvet

ConDawg

Nov 13, 2018
Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe you can work beyond your original work permit expiry date if your bowp application is in a processing state. It is what is referred to as implied status. I even clarified this with my lawyer when I was in the same position you are in right now.

Reactions: JJ_87

Erinyes722

Dec 13, 2018
Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe you can work beyond your original work permit expiry date if your bowp application is in a processing state. It is what is referred to as implied status. I even clarified this with my lawyer when I was in the same position you are in right now.
I know. But I'm a contract full-time, and sign a new yearly contract with the same company every year. My work permit will expire on 29 dec and new contract will start at 31 Dec. HR might not give me another yearly contact if I don't get my pr or BOWP on time. That's why I'm so anxious cuz I don't wanna lose my job. Sad...

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
I just downloaded an App on my phone and used that picture.
How did you print it? When you submit your passports and photographs, the instructions clearly say you need to have the photographers’ name, date of photo and other details stamped or handwritten at the back. It also says the photo must be taken by a commercial photographer.

How did you get a commercial quality photograph from an app - and which app is this?

Just to be clear, I’m talking about the photo submission after you receive the PPR. Not the digital photos you submit along with your application.

ConDawg

Nov 13, 2018
I know. But I'm a contract full-time, and sign a new yearly contract with the same company every year. My work permit will expire on 29 dec and new contract will start at 31 Dec. HR might not give me another yearly contact if I don't get my pr or BOWP on time. That's why I'm so anxious cuz I don't wanna lose my job. Sad...
Something seems off about the company if they wouldn't renew your contract while you are on implied status. I know every company is different but the company I worked for have been more than accommodating with regards my current situation.

Has the company/HR given you indication that they may not give you another contract because of your implied status?

Reactions: Erinyes722

Erinyes722

Dec 13, 2018
Something seems off about the company if they wouldn't renew your contract while you are on implied status. I know every company is different but the company I worked for have been more than accommodating with regards my current situation.

Has the company/HR given you indication that they may not give you another contract because of your implied status?
HR haven't said anything, but last year there's a guy who had same situation and he was laid off (not completely the same, his implied status is from study permit to work permit).I didn't mention anything about my work permit to my HR, I'm not sure if I should tell her. I've already got a ghost update on 6 Dec. I hope that means some good news is coming.

Hannahvet

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Hello,

FSW-Outland (India)
NOC: 3112 - General (Family) physician (wondering if NOC has any impact on prioritising applications by CIC)

AOR: 3-Aug
IP1: 25-Aug
Medical: 30-Aug
(Yes, IP1 before medical)

Called CIC on 23-Oct
Eligibility: Met
Criminality: Not yet started
Security: Not yet started

IP2: 22-Nov

Called CIC on 6-Dec
Eligibility: Met / Passed
Criminality: Passed
Security: Not started

Ordered GCMS Note: 14-Dec

And fingers crossed!

Thanks
Hi.. i have similar timeline.. aor 3rd aug.. ip2 21 nov. .

JJ_87

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
but it also says" R87.1 CEC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS -Appears Met"
Bro, you're a CEC applicant right?
CEC R87.1 is for the work experience in Canada

Review required is only for your ECA as per your gcms. Everything else seems ok for you.
Get that sorted asap bro.
Either wait for their response or raise a cse again and attach your ECA along with an LoE explaining it.

Experts please help him

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017
Hello All,

I just received my PPR mail, My AOR was on August 19th.
I left Canada couple of months back due to a personal situation at India, now I have been asked to submit the passport at Ottawa office for self and spouse, what do I do now? Can someone guide me on this situation?

When I submitted my pr application, my spouse was in india but still they have asked me to submit both passports to ottawa visa office. Please note I still have valid work permit till April 2019.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

crsid

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
Hello All,

I just received my PPR mail, My AOR was on August 19th.
I left Canada couple of months back due to a personal situation at India, now I have been asked to submit the passport at Ottawa office for self and spouse, what do I do now? Can someone guide me on this situation?

When I submitted my pr application, my spouse was in india but still they have asked me to submit both passports to ottawa visa office. Please note I still have valid work permit till April 2019.

Thanks in advance.
Try to reach the agent by call or webform and explain your situation and they will guide you to Ndvo. Seen couple of guys getting their vo changed.

Btw what time did you receive the email? And when was your ip2? Thanks

Nov 9, 2017
Try to reach the agent by call or webform and explain your situation and they will guide you to Ndvo. Seen couple of guys getting their vo changed.

Btw what time did you receive the email? And when was your ip2? Thanks
Thank you so much, will do.
7.05 AM IST, IP2 was on September 12th.

Last edited: