+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Asiv adanac

Sep 18, 2018
App. Filed.......
Fsw outland (india)
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Anyone with VO Ottawa.. ip2 near 21 nov.. have u guys called cic?? If yes then what did they say?
Yup, rang them up on the 7th, they mentioned criminality check is ongoing while security check is yet to commence. How about u?

Hannahvet

Star Member
Oct 30, 2018
Punjab
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Yup, rang them up on the 7th, they mentioned criminality check is ongoing while security check is yet to commence. How about u?
Criminality ongoing?? Aren't you in ip2?
If VO is Ottawa then ip2 means criminality is done.. security is left

Reactions: aahaanbajaj

sageorge

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Second ghost update today. Heart and fingers crossed.
I got SO tired of no update coming my way that I called customer service today. I spoke to a very nice, very kind and very Canadian agent who confirmed that my application was approved on the 21st of November. However, I haven't received any official email yet.

Here is my timeline:

AOR- 27/08/2018
IP1- No idea
IP2/Medical Pass- 21/09/2018
First Ghost update -(~)12/11/2018
Second Ghost update-22/11/2018
Category- CEC Outland

Cheers! :)

hellgirl11

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
tunisia
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
I got SO tired of no update coming my way that I called customer service today. I spoke to a very nice, very kind and very Canadian agent who confirmed that my application was approved on the 21st of November. However, I haven't received any official email yet.

Here is my timeline:

AOR- 27/08/2018
IP1- No idea
Category- CEC Outland

Congrats.. are you sydney VO? as i said before we are hundred people who got application approved but no PPR email
as per our guessing its some Quota for 2018 and 2019 .. so finger crossed

sageorge

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Congrats.. are you sydney VO? as i said before we are hundred people who got application approved but no PPR email
as per our guessing its some Quota for 2018 and 2019 .. so finger crossed
He said my file doesn’t say where my VO office is. It just says Canada. I’m based in UK so chances are it’ll go to London VO. Nothing on my file tho.

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Guys. Here’s proof of the fact that there’s no such thing as “annual PPR limit received”.

As of 20 minutes ago, my colleague got his PPR. We were sitting in a meeting and he’s like “Can I pull you aside for a second?” We go out and he gives me the good news!

5 of us friends had applied together (all US based with AORs in first two weeks of August). This particular colleague was the last one pending. As of now, we are all through.

Timelines for us have ranged from 2 months to 4.5 months.

Quick question: His UCI number on his PPR letter matches with the UCI number on his AOR letter. But his application number on PPR letter is different from application number on AOR letter. Anyone else faced a similar situation?
I would like to post an update about the fact that my colleague received a PPR letter with an incorrect application number. As of this morning, he received another PPR email with the correct application number. He didn't have to do anything. CIC themselves re-sent a new PPR letter with the correct details. He woke up this morning and the email was there.

Reactions: pochfaye0704

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Any US based applicants here who have received PPR and who know of a place to get their photographs done? The CIC specifications say the photo has to be 2 inches wide and 2 3/4 inches long. Most places like Walgreens or CVS only provide standard 2X2 passport size photos. They simply refuse to provide these weird specification photos.

I personally had to hunt A LOT for someone who could provide photos of this odd specification and eventually had to pay quite a bit for a studio to do this for me. I was wondering if anyone has better suggestions? Have you guys had luck with Walgreens/CVS? I went to two Walgreens stores and they refused (told me they only do standard sizes). Also went to one CVS store and got the same response.

I mean my submission is already done - but just wanted to get an idea of where other people are getting their photographs done and whether they had as much trouble finding a store that could provide photos of this specification.

Last edited:

Ajarun1

Nov 22, 2018

Here is my timeline:

AOR- 27/08/2018
IP1- No idea
Category- CEC Outland

Please update if you receive ppr, mine also got approved on Nov 21, but nothing after that..

Getmeouttahereuk

Jan 6, 2018
Any US based applicants here who have received PPR and who know of a place to get their photographs done? The CIC specifications say the photo has to be 2 inches wide and 2 3/4 inches long. Most places like Walgreens or CVS only provide standard 2X2 passport size photos. They simply refuse to provide these weird specification photos.

I personally had to hunt A LOT for someone who could provide photos of this odd specification and eventually had to pay quite a bit for a studio to do this for me. I was wondering if anyone has better suggestions? Have you guys had luck with Walgreens/CVS? I went to two Walgreens stores and they refused (told me they only do standard sizes). Also went to one CVS store and got the same response.

I mean my submission is already done - but just wanted to get an idea of where other people are getting their photographs done and whether they had as much trouble finding a store that could provide photos of this specification.
I just downloaded an App on my phone and used that picture.

ivyxu644

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
I just got my GCMS notes today. My eligibility is marked as review required because the case analysis person think I can't claim 50 for my education.

To explain my situation. I studied in Canada for 2 years and got a diploma. After that, I went to Switzerland and started from year 3 directly because it's the same major and they recognized my Canadian transcript. After I finished another 2 year study, I received both the Switzerland school's bachelor's degree and a UK's bachelor's degree. This is due to the collaboration between our school and UK's school.

In the WES document, I assessed both schools at once. On the first page was my Swiss school, which marked as non-recognized, but on the second page, the UK school was marked as recognized institution. So when I claimed points for 2 or more certificates, I put UK school's name on my education history.

Back to my GCMS notes. The case analysis person stated "RECOMMENDATION: Review Required MI3 SUMMARY NOTES: ECA PROVIDED WAS FROM A NON-RECOGNIZED INSTITUTION, PA CLAIMED 50 POINTS FOR SKILL TRANSFERABILITY, BUT DUE TO IT APPEARING TO BE A NON RECOGNIZED INSTITUTION PA MAY HAVE FELL BELOEW CRS SCORE THRESHOLD. OFFCER PLEASE REVIEW. A11.2 Appears Met R87.1 CEC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS -Appears Met Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete.

SO, MY QUESTION IS
1. I raised a web form today to ask them look at the second page on my ECA report because that's the school I am claiming points for. Is that good enough?
2. Why does R87.1 is "Appears Met Ready to Finalize", I thought they are having issue to my eligibility. Does that mean another Pearson reviewed my case and found the error? If that's the case, it doesn't make sense, because the notes was generated on Nov 15 and I got an email from CPC Ottawa in December said my application is in queue to be reviewed by an officer.

I really appreciate anyone's help!