+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

amansinghgdds

Aug 27, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have a question. I am waiting for my ppr and after a week i am off for vacation for 2 months. If I receive passport request on vacation, Can i send my passport to my home country visa consulates in India or i need to come back to Canada

ivyxu644

Star Member
Oct 3, 2018
I don't know about GCMS buddy but I applied through Government of Canada's official website and received exactly 31 days after the request date. You can try contacting GCMS buddy and ask how long does it usually take.
I contacted them and they said CIC has marked priority on my request and will release as soon so they can. I also required one by myself on the official website on Nov 16. All other people got their notes on time and it makes me worry if there is anything wrong with my application. hopefully I will get my second notes on time.

fahadxuberi

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Dubai, UAE
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
I have a question. As per my GCMS notes, my eligibility is recommended 'pass' as per CPC Ottawa and Centrailized Intake Office (both)

Would the eligibility be verified again by some IRCC office or a local VO?

Or is that it? And I can breathe

Reactions: SRayhan87

Asiv adanac

Sep 18, 2018
App. Filed.......
Fsw outland (india)
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
I have a question. As per my GCMS notes, my eligibility is recommended 'pass' as per CPC Ottawa and Centrailized Intake Office (both)

Would the eligibility be verified again by some IRCC office or a local VO?

Or is that it? And I can breathe
Hi, technically u are on safer high grounds. Elgibility ' recommended pass' is commented by the case analyst, then the case officer approves it. Usually once background check is complete, there is a final review and then ppr is shot out. It is in very rare cases where case officer dismisses eligibility status which is recommended pass by the analyst.
So in short u can breathe easy.

fahadxuberi

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Dubai, UAE
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
Hi, technically u are on safer high grounds. Elgibility ' recommended pass' is commented by the case analyst, then the case officer approves it. Usually once background check is complete, there is a final review and then ppr is shot out. It is in very rare cases where case officer dismisses eligibility status which is recommended pass by the analyst.
So in short u can breathe easy.

Thanks bud!

harsh19

Dec 7, 2018
Hi All,
How do I find from my GCMS notes that my file has moved to which visa office and what would be the email address of that visa office if I want to enquire with them about my case status.

anotherone11

May 8, 2018
Hello guys,

The current status of my application changed from Submitted to Application/profile updated , I wonder if it a ghost update for me or does it have something to do with the progression bar thing, did anyone else saw his current status changed ?
My AOR is 1 st August 2018

Thank you.
Application/ profile updated is more about some changes in your application status which is shown on their website.

Ghost update (IMO) is when you get an email about any changes or updates in the application but when you check online there are no changes.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Application/ profile updated is more about some changes in your application status which is shown on their website.

Ghost update (IMO) is when you get an email about any changes or updates in the application but when you check online there are no changes.
Ghost updates actually means both. Email about changes without any changes and application/profile updated.

Cecinland

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Hi guys please help me.. I am currently residing in Canada but my dependents are in the Philippines.... where should I send their passports? What should I do? Please guide me my co applicants.... thanks

Reactions: Toronto_FC2018

cadgijoe

May 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
i would like to clarify on the doubts that everyone is having after recieving the email.
i got in touch with cic agent after being on hold for 1.5 hours. They clearly said that it depends where is your application status and which process is being undertaken at this point of time.
For instance for applicants who are on their final stage of background check, it will show an estimate of how long will it take to process with an ETA of time when would their be a decision on their application.
The agent was not providing clear information about how the progress bar will look like and how it will show the current information but made clear that not every applicant will have that bar on 12th Dec and some might have to wait for a while to get that update which depends on their server.

I think this is a great step taken by IRCC to show an applicant where their application process is at current stage.
I hope it helps :)
Well I don't know where you got that, pal, especially when you called in the weekend. But I just called CIC and they said this progress bar is for everyone and has no significance regarding one's application status.
Looks like another stunt baiting likes. Only this time, it brought positive vibe for a moment.

Reactions: tobs and s_mishra

elektrikuser

Jul 15, 2018
Hi
What happens once CIC receives the passports in response to PPR requests...Do they update the CIC accounts?Is there any place we can track what stage of processing the passports are in once they are received?
Thanks

s_mishra

Dec 1, 2018
Well I don't know where you got that, pal, especially when you called in the weekend. But I just called CIC and they said this progress bar is for everyone and has no significance regarding one's application status.
Looks like another stunt baiting likes. Only this time, it brought positive vibe for a moment.
Please check your email and at what time you received it from IRCC. I received my email at 08:25 Am on Friday the 7th Dec 2018.
And as far as I am concerned CIC call centres answer calls till 4 PM EST.
Well I think you don't have any information plus looks like your are another stunt baiting likes.