+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

IranianinSweden

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
Hey guys.
Have been away from this forum and all whatsapp groups for a while now coz I just got tired of all this wait for PPR mail and talks about PPR and speculations etc.

But, last week I got my GCSM notes so I thought I share what it says in case it might help someone.

AOR 29 aug, I ordered my notes on 26 oct. So less than 2 months into my application. And it was way to early to order them as not much had been done on my file. I already knew I had completed/passed medicals and biometrics, so nothing new there. The only other thing they had worked on was criminality which I passed. So eligibility and security were not started (don't order notes so early, its a waste of your money).

But what I did find interesting in my notes was that my secondary visa office had changed due to workload distribution. My first secondary office was Vergeville (had to google it and it is a small town in Canada). So my new secondary visa office changed to CPC-Ottawa. This change happened on 20 oct, so 6 days after I ordered my notes. So hopefully Ottawa has more manpower than Vergeville and will process my file faster.

There was also a due date on my notes, the due date is today 2018-12-03. I know there is a maintenance on the CIC website tomorrow, so I have some hopes that this due date might at least mean a ghost update. But I have read on this forum that some get a ghost update/PPR mail on or after due date, while others don't get anything.

But all in all, the best thing with the notes was that I could see that my file is not just somewhere collecting dust. Even tho nothing seems to get updated on MyCIC account, they are working on our files.

I actually think, since I have worked several government jobs in Sweden, that Canada must be like Sweden. If Sweden were to have an increased target of skilled migrants (or any other target for that matter) it would take the government at least two years to have the correct infrastructure and enough manpower to actually enable it to meet the target. So I am just assuming that they have a lot to do. And I think this is rather evident when you check processing times on the CIC website. I am a FSW applicant, but I remember when I checked in aug, it said that CEC applicants are processed in 3-4 months. Now it is saying 6 months, the same as FSW.

Sunshine41

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Med's Done....
27-08-2018
Hey guys.
Have been away from this forum and all whatsapp groups for a while now coz I just got tired of all this wait for PPR mail and talks about PPR and speculations etc.

But, last week I got my GCSM notes so I thought I share what it says in case it might help someone.

AOR 29 aug, I ordered my notes on 26 oct. So less than 2 months into my application. And it was way to early to order them as not much had been done on my file. I already knew I had completed/passed medicals and biometrics, so nothing new there. The only other thing they had worked on was criminality which I passed. So eligibility and security were not started (don't order notes so early, its a waste of your money).

But what I did find interesting in my notes was that my secondary visa office had changed due to workload distribution. My first secondary office was Vergeville (had to google it and it is a small town in Canada). So my new secondary visa office changed to CPC-Ottawa. This change happened on 20 oct, so 6 days after I ordered my notes. So hopefully Ottawa has more manpower than Vergeville and will process my file faster.

There was also a due date on my notes, the due date is today 2018-12-03. I know there is a maintenance on the CIC website tomorrow, so I have some hopes that this due date might at least mean a ghost update. But I have read on this forum that some get a ghost update/PPR mail on or after due date, while others don't get anything.

But all in all, the best thing with the notes was that I could see that my file is not just somewhere collecting dust. Even tho nothing seems to get updated on MyCIC account, they are working on our files.

I actually think, since I have worked several government jobs in Sweden, that Canada must be like Sweden. If Sweden were to have an increased target of skilled migrants (or any other target for that matter) it would take the government at least two years to have the correct infrastructure and enough manpower to actually enable it to meet the target. So I am just assuming that they have a lot to do. And I think this is rather evident when you check processing times on the CIC website. I am a FSW applicant, but I remember when I checked in aug, it said that CEC applicants are processed in 3-4 months. Now it is saying 6 months, the same as FSW.
True!

They can’t change the infrastructure and train the new hires in such short period. So now I won’t be surprised if in 2-3 months the processing time increases to 8 months.

Reactions: IranianinSweden

go canada 123

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
Okay

And there are people waiting for more than 200+ days. Please think twice before posting such things here. You are anxious. That’s not good but don’t make people anxious too.

They clearly state that give them 6 months on average. So if you cross that time you have my sympathy. But till then it’s pretty normal.

And be hopeful.
Well can't really tell me what to post and what not to can you?
People waiting for 200 days have my best wishes. But if a message gets you worked up so much, you better stay away from such forums.

Sunshine41

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Med's Done....
27-08-2018
Well can't really tell me what to post and what not to can you?
People waiting for 200 days have my best wishes. But if a message gets you worked up so much, you better stay away from such forums.
Most certainly I can't. But for something negative there have to something positive. And if you would have read my comment you could have seen the silver lining in your situation. But one can only see what they want to.

Unfortunately you can't stop me either ;)

Reactions: niti07

go canada 123

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
Most certainly I can't. But for something negative there have to something positive. And if you would have read my comment you could have seen the silver lining in your situation. But one can only see what they want to.

Unfortunately you can't stop me either ;)
Please spread your positivity. The world needs it. Why just here? Spread in into the world.
;)

Sunshine41

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Med's Done....
27-08-2018
Please spread your positivity. The world needs it. Why just here? Spread in into the world.
;)
I do!
That's the way I am. But you only know me through few of my posts here.

Chill! You and I both share the same time line.
Now that you vent out some frustration here. Hope you feel calm.

Don't worry, we will get through it! :)

go canada 123

Star Member
Aug 20, 2018
I do!
That's the way I am. But you only know me through few of my posts here.

Chill! You and I both share the same time line.
Now that you vent out some frustration here. Hope you feel calm.

Don't worry, we will get through it! :)
Great! May you win the noble prize for peace.
Thank you for your wishes.
And don't forget to chill!!:)

Reactions: Semeg

Shikta

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Hey guys.

Agreed!
It's not just the increased target that makes it difficult - each of the resource working on these applications needs to be really well trained so that he/she is able to do justice to the work. If we look at it from their POV, a PR gives people complete access to enter and leave and reenter their country with hardly any checks later. So, no wonder they want to be sure whom are they getting in.

IranianinSweden

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
Agreed!
It's not just the increased target that makes it difficult - each of the resource working on these applications needs to be really well trained so that he/she is able to do justice to the work. If we look at it from their POV, a PR gives people complete access to enter and leave and reenter their country with hardly any checks later. So, no wonder they want to be sure whom are they getting in.
True!
I also noted one more thing with my notes. And this is only due to my work experience with information systems and generation of reports, so I am really only speculating here. But it seems to me that whatever IT system they are using has a very old and instable data infrastructure. This can be seen in the notes as they are more than 100 pages and not much of the pages has much to do with me, my stream or my application. So the process they have for approving/rejecting an application has to go through absolutely too many gates. All of this means that the process for PR is a very inefficient process and far from LEAN. But, if that is the IT system they are using, then they cant do much about it. But they could hire a person like me :) to improve their process with their current IT system :)

Sunshine41

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Med's Done....
27-08-2018
True!
I also noted one more thing with my notes. And this is only due to my work experience with information systems and generation of reports, so I am really only speculating here. But it seems to me that whatever IT system they are using has a very old and instable data infrastructure. This can be seen in the notes as they are more than 100 pages and not much of the pages has much to do with me, my stream or my application. So the process they have for approving/rejecting an application has to go through absolutely too many gates. All of this means that the process for PR is a very inefficient process and far from LEAN. But, if that is the IT system they are using, then they cant do much about it. But they could hire a person like me :) to improve their process with their current IT system :)
Maybe you should write to Ralph :p and hope he reads it.

SRayhan87

Jul 15, 2018
An application gets review required when the person processing at the first level doesn't find any document according to the guideline. So, he will put review required status for the second level of the officer to focus on that and take the final decision.

It is a normal procedure because it has been seen that either first level officer was just cautious or he missed some documents.

But it will be better for you to order GCMS note so that you can understand what is the reason behind the review required status. If you think additional documents might help your case or clear the confusion then you can just upload those.
I am waiting for my notes coming in the middle if Dec. It's not clear why they put my file on review required?? So far i remember i had sent all the paper they might need even though i have tripled cheked in the last few days and re-calculate my score several times. everything looks good to me.