+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Busra12

Jun 27, 2018
Hello,
I just wanted to ask if i could mail my passport via ups or fedex. Considering the fact that Canapost is on strike abd backed up on mails. Im CEC inland.
Any help will be appreciated.

cisco_kidd

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Hi all,

I wanted to share my experience with everyone now that I have gotten copr today.

Exactly 100 days after my AOR ( 81 days after medicals passed) I received my copr at a local visa office in Ottawa. Since my medicals, there was no change to my online profile, and no PPR. I received an email 7 days ago for a landing interview. Today after logging into my account, the status changed to approved (the first status change since my AOR.

There was a Canada post strike which may have prompted me going in instead of PPR, it would have delayed me sending in my passport and receiving it back.

Next question I have is do I have to leave Canada and re-enter for this to be official? There was no mention of this by the agent.

Reactions: misabgd and SumH12

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
Hey. Which email address did you mail to? You remember me? Same PNP Ontario.
Of course Mate!
How would i forget you guys! you, @Ashtush @bimale4bipeople
i remember your situation when you were in dilemma for choosing nomination over Direct ITA with 440 CRS!

hows you doing buddy? and what stage your application at?

I sent an email through CIC webform and got their reply back in a day so.

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
Of course Mate!
How would i forget you guys! you, @Ashtush @bimale4bipeople
i remember your situation when you were in dilemma for choosing nomination over Direct ITA with 440 CRS!

hows you doing buddy? and what stage your application at?

I sent an email through CIC webform and got their reply back in a day so.
You didn't forget at all. I hope Ashtush got his nomination. I submitted eAPR with an Ontario nomination on 24 August. A forthnight later, it was 440 with a favorable tie breaking rule.

Let me do the CSE thingy now.

Thanks.

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
You didn't forget at all. I hope Ashtush got his nomination. I submitted eAPR with an Ontario nomination on 24 August. A forthnight later, it was 440 with a favorable tie breaking rule.

Let me do the CSE thingy now.

Thanks.
yes, he got his nomination.

at what stage of your application? IP1?
Did you pass the Eligibility?

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
@dh5689 and others, IRCC is threatening up and down not to get back to me if my application is not within the normal timeline. I did the CSE any way. I just asked them to tell me the application status and LVO handling it at the moment.

I didn't reveal my AOR. They will see it any way.

I know most folks haven't gotten to 6months and are calling and CSEing.

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
I genuinely still don’t understand why people refer to IP1 and 2. I’ve had enjoyment of seeing all the impatient posts on here so decided to drop immigration a call 3 days ago and got through to an agent.

Quite responsive to questions and told me what office I was at. Advised me that my background check was completed but advised this hasn’t changed on my side.. today I received my PPR which was quite the surprise. 5 months in isn’t so bad so they sure do stick to their words about being within a 6 month time frame.

Best of luck to you all.
Nice bro!

IP1 X 1P2 is useless

I thought u had your PPR on October tho.

Oct 6, 2018 at 5:13 PM

''I really wouldn’t even look too much into this IP1 and IP2. I had my PPR on the 3rd of October and mine showed as “processing” not progress”. It still hasn’t changed either.''

Last edited:

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
@dh5689, I immediately got a response. It says my application is well within the normal timeline. That everything appears in order and they will contact me if they need anything.

Then,

They quoted Accra office, Ghana. And how to get in touch with that office.

And started talking about having so many visa offices around the world.

Although they didn't specifically tell me my application is in Accra.

I will believe it is in there. So PPR mail will be expected from January or February 2019.

How exactly did they word their response to you?

Last edited:

tanush14

Jun 13, 2018
Only count for CEC. The person whom I responded to is applying under FSW.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=393&top=29
Don't rush it up, read the link again that you have posted yourself, it says..

"You can count part-time work toward the work experience requirement, as long as you were not a full-time student at the time.

However, you must have gained the equivalent amount of experience as someone who worked full-time for at least one year (1560 hours)"