+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Dannny

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
So I received my GCMS Notes. Here's the info.

Eligibility: Met
Criminality: Passed
Security: Not Started

Primary Office: Centralized Intake Office
Secondary Office: CPC-Ottawa

If I get it right it seems like my file is in queue for security check for now. But having most of the application approved relieved my anxiety to the minimum.

AOR 30th of August
IP2 11th of October
ME Passed

GCMS ordered on 26th of October.

Did you have any review required?
Have you spoken to an agent or ordered GCMS notes?
The only review required by officer I have is concerning my civil status. Don't know why tho.

Last edited:

cadgijoe

May 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
Don't rush it up, read the link again that you have posted yourself, it says..

"You can count part-time work toward the work experience requirement, as long as you were not a full-time student at the time.

However, you must have gained the equivalent amount of experience as someone who worked full-time for at least one year (1560 hours)"
My answers apply specifically to the person whom I responded to. Read his situation yourself, don't rush it up.
That answer was made in short because it was not supposed to encompass all situations so yes there are miscontrues. But while I'm on it, let me give a summary below. Experts feel free to rectify.
If you intend to claim work experience during your full-time study, consider the followings:
- If you are a citizen of the country where you study and work, there is no restriction on your arrangement of study and work, i.e. you can study full/part-time while working full/part-time. Simply put, citizens are free to do whatever they want.
- If you study under student visa, then many countries shall impose a restriction, 15-20 working hours per week top.
+ So if you claim full-time work experience here, it'll be thrown out. I think Canada may assume the same restriction to all countries, even to countries which doesn't have this type of constraint.
+ You can claim part-time work experience, only if you study in Canada and apply under CEC.​

Last edited:

JJ_87

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
So I received my GCMS Notes. Here's the info.

Eligibility: Met
Criminality: Passed
Security: Not Started

Primary Office: Centralized Intake Office
Secondary Office: CPC-Ottawa

If I get it right it seems like my file is in queue for security check for now. But having most of the application approved relieved my anxiety to the minimum.

AOR 30th of August
IP2 11th of October
ME Passed

GCMS ordered on 26th of October.

The only review required by officer I have is concerning my civil status. Don't know why tho.
Thats crazy. Security is still pending.
Civil status??

Last edited:

JJ_87

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
My answers apply specifically to the person whom I responded to. Read his situation yourself, don't rush it up.
That answer was made in short because it was not supposed to encompass all situations so yes there are miscontrues. But while I'm on it, let me give a summary below. Experts feel free to rectify.
If you intend to claim work experience during your full-time study, consider the followings:
- If you are a citizen of the country where you study and work, there is no restriction on your arrangement of study and work, i.e. you can study full/part-time while working full/part-time. Simply put, citizens are free to do whatever they want.
- If you study under study visa, then many countries shall impose a restriction, 15-20 working hours per week top. So if you claim full-time work experience here, it'll be thrown out. I think Canada may assume the same restriction to all countries, even though there are countries which doesn't have this type of constraint.
+ Next, you can claim part-time work experience, only if you study under study visa in Canada and apply under CEC.​
Not true bro. I know FSW O applicants who have claimed points for part time work experience along with full time studies and now landed in Canada

cadgijoe

May 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
Not true bro. I know FSW O applicants who have claimed points for part time work experience along with full time studies and now landed in Canada
Sure, like I said, if they study full-time in their own countries, then there's no restriction.

EDIT: I also know people study full-time but declare the study part-time. It works.

Reactions: JJ_87

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
This is true....you can definitely count your work experience outside canada if u r evn studying..this is not true for coc even though

cadgijoe

May 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
03-08-2018
AOR Received.
03-08-2018
Med's Done....
23-07-2018
Passport Req..
18-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2019
LANDED..........
21-05-2019
For those who went through IP2 and received PPR, how many days you had to wait between IP2 and PPR? Thanks.

Reactions: Semeg

Yelzamani

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
@dh5689, I immediately got a response. It says my application is well within the normal timeline. That everything appears in order and they will contact me if they need anything.

Then,

They quoted Accra office, Ghana. And how to get in touch with that office.

And started talking about having so many visa offices around the world.

Although they didn't specifically tell me my application is in Accra.

I will believe it is in there. So PPR mail will be expected from January or February 2019.

How exactly did they word their response to you?
Hi, are you still in IP2? “we are processing your BG checks..”?

I ask because for almost every case BG changed back to IP1 the day the application was sent to a LVO.
-For Biometrics Applicants

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Hi, are you still in IP2? “we are processing your BG checks..”?

I ask because for almost every case BG changed back to IP1 the day the application was sent to a LVO.
-For Biometrics Applicants
I don't think it's for all biometric applicant because I have been in IP2 (I don't believe in IP1/IP2) since I submitted my biometrics. And for some other people in this forum, they have been in IP2 since AOR.

Yelzamani

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
I don't think it's for all biometric applicant because I have been in IP2 (I don't believe in IP1/IP2) since I submitted my biometrics. And for some other people in this forum, they have been in IP2 since AOR.
I think every Biometrics application started from IP2

You’re correct in that not all people moved to IP1. Infact most of the early August PPRs never changed from IP2

But everyone that got transferred out of canada to a LVO moved to IP1 and then moved back to IP2 after some time, then PPR . Every case I’ve seen anyway.

Reactions: Tinaaah

Michellejabar

Nov 12, 2018
NIGERIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-08-2018
Passport Req..
09-11-2018
I got my PR application approved yesterday. I want to thank all members who have helped me in one way or other. I hope moving to Canada will be good for my future. Best of luck to all who are still waiting for the decision.