+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Jibto

Nov 16, 2018
Please how does a ghost update come. Is it that you will get a mail from CIC or what.
If eligibility is net
Criminality check ongoing
Security yet to be initiated
Hi far can the application still take. Is still far till ppr?

Reactions: Nash1905

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hello guys!
If there is Outland applicants? We received second AOR from local office. What does it mean? Our timeline:
8 August- file received
22 August- med passed
6 September- AOR Sydney office
7 September- biometrics fee request (paid the same day)
6 November- pre arrival letter
6 November- Eligibility passed
12 November file transferred to Warsaw
19 November- biometrics passed
Now just waiting... it is very interesting why our file moved to lvo and how long will they process us (Eligibility passed, criminality in progress since August 10)
Hey, please join this thread. We're also FSW-O.

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Hello guys!
If there is Outland applicants? We received second AOR from local office. What does it mean? Our timeline:
8 August- file received
22 August- med passed
Now just waiting... it is very interesting why our file moved to lvo and how long will they process us (Eligibility passed, criminality in progress since August 10)
How did you know all these steps because it seems your application is moving and very detailed?

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
What is a ghost update
From what I understand and what others have said, it is when you log in into your CIC account and you see "updated" at the section where you check the status/messsges of my application and you receive no email regarding this update.

Then afterwards you check again and it has changed to "submitted".
It means there was a ghost update (and you were not notified) either your file was updated or an officer is working on your file.

IranianinSweden

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
Please how does a ghost update come. Is it that you will get a mail from CIC or what.
If eligibility is net
Criminality check ongoing
Security yet to be initiated
Hi far can the application still take. Is still far till ppr?
I never had a ghost update, but the people who have had one has written about it on this forum. Apparently when you log into your MyCIC, it will say something is updated. But when you search for the update, you cannot find any. Hence a ghost update. And of what I understand, whenever this happens, it means that your file has moved to the next stage.

mindblowz

Star Member
Oct 8, 2018
Can any CEC - Inlands applicants tell me how long it took them to get their passport back after getting their PPR? I have sent my passport via my attorney, he said 2-3 weeks but that seems very very longer than i expected. Could the inland applicants tell me how long it took them to get their passport back after they submitted with their photos etc. Thank you in advance

IranianinSweden

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
Can you share Ralph's email id?
Who is Ralph? I am asking because I never saw this option on cic.
ralph.goodale@parl.gc.ca

He is the Minister of public safety. I really do not know why people keep sending him emails, because the only thing he does is call CIC and gets the same status update that you could get yourself if you call CIC. So nothing new will be added.

Also, people on whatsapp groups who have ordered GCSM notes have shown that in their notes it says that someone from Ralphs office inquired about your application.

Reactions: Yesha Dave

cedarleaf

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
Russia
AOR Received.
04-08-2018
Hello guys!
8 August- file received
22 August- med passed
What is your country of residence? And how did you know the dates of all these steps? My file is also in Warsaw, but I have no idea when it was transferred there.