+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

ankit_sachdeva

Aug 22, 2018
Still nothing on mine, you may have seen a previous post of mine but just in case, my profile is linked to my lawyer. Therefore I am unable to see the updates on my CIC profile. Every little update goes to my Lawyer's account. I am planning to send him an update request email this friday for both PR and BOWP. By friday (2nd of October) it's going to be 70-71 days since i have submitted my both PR and BOWP profiles. If I hear anything back i will mention your name to help you out as well.
Will really appreciate that. Thank you and good luck. Hope we both get PPR before BOWP. :)

Reactions: mindblowz

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Still nothing on mine, you may have seen a previous post of mine but just in case, my profile is linked to my lawyer. Therefore I am unable to see the updates on my CIC profile. Every little update goes to my Lawyer's account. I am planning to send him an update request email this friday for both PR and BOWP. By friday (2nd of October) it's going to be 70-71 days since i have submitted my both PR and BOWP profiles. If I hear anything back i will mention your name to help you out as well.
Hi. If you do not want to bother your lawyer every now and then for your status, you can try this. My colleague whose PPR has still not been received just tried this like 10 minutes ago and it worked.

1) Call the +1 6139444000 number if you are outside Canada (this won't work through your phone. We tried dialing from the US but it didn't work. We then tried dialing via the Skype-to-phone service and it worked).
2) You don't need to wait for hours or anything. There's an automated IVR option. Just follow the instructions and you'll hear an automated status over the phone in exactly the same sequence as it appears on your online status.
3) They will only ask for your application number and your year of birth - enter that via keypad.

This is easy...takes only about 5-6 minutes after going through the various options that you need to select via your keypad and you can do it whenever you like without bothering your attorney all the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abdelilah

Mannfdk

Oct 22, 2018
Bg status in CIC changed from Background check In progress
We will let uou know if we need more info .... to We are processing your Background check. We will let you know if we need more info. At first I thought I was imagining it as the wording is so much the same. Perhaps its the new NA 3 ..?? Email 30 min later frm nearest processing centre. No change to cic acc.
I got same status from last one month . We are processing your background check . We will let you know if we need more info . So cant really say what stage it is

ray987

Oct 17, 2018
I asked IRCC (through CSE) whether they have reviewed the uploaded RCMP Finger Print Based Criminal Record Check document and the status of eligibility, background and security checks. Here's what the reply was:

"We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the RCMP Finger Print were received by the responsible office.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

Furthermore, we verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken."

In addition, I also asked IRCC about the "responsible" office in which my application is being processed. It looks like the agent avoided answering that.

Here's my current status:

Stream: CEC (inland)
E-AOR: August 16, 2018
MEP: September 6, 2018
Asked for RCMP Finger Print Based Criminal Record Check: September 6, 2018
Uploaded RCMP document: September 17, 2018
Review of Additional Document: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Do you guys have any idea about what's going on with my application? At what possible stage is my application currently in? It appears to me that the "responsible" office for my application hasn't done any work on my file.

Thank you all!

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
I asked IRCC (through CSE) whether they have reviewed the uploaded RCMP Finger Print Based Criminal Record Check document and the status of eligibility, background and security checks. Here's what the reply was:

"We verified the information on file and are pleased to confirm that the RCMP Finger Print were received by the responsible office.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

Furthermore, we verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

In addition, I also asked IRCC about the "responsible" office in which my application is being processed. It looks like the agent avoided answering that.

Review of Additional Document: We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Do you guys have any idea about what's going on with my application? At what possible stage is my application currently in? It appears to me that the "responsible" office for my application hasn't done any work on my file.

Thank you all!
Difficult to know where u exactly are in the process cuz it sounds a bit vague the answer. However, at least it seems they are looking at it........

Have u gone straight to IP2 after MEP?

I also had and ADR RCMP PCC..n my BGC and Review add docs statuses are like yours...

Mine AOR is older tho (5th sept)

Reactions: ray987

ishangodbole

Feb 26, 2018

Thank you all!
Order GCMS notes.

ray987

Oct 17, 2018
Difficult to know where u exactly are in the process cuz it sounds a bit vague the answer. However, at least it seems they are looking at it........

Have u gone straight to IP2 after MEP?
Thank you Archavin89 for your reply.

Yeah, my Background check went to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" directly on the day after MEP. Do you know what this means?

Thanks again!

Reactions: HFL2018

Archavin89

Apr 8, 2018
Thank you Archavin89 for your reply.

Yeah, my Background check went to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information" directly on the day after MEP. Do you know what this means?

Thanks again!
It seems most CEC applicants face this trend....dunno why tbh..

I am FSW outland....but I have lived in Canada in the past. So, as I could see in many threads, it is also common to have this pattern...

Reactions: HFL2018 and ray987

HFL2018

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
17-09-2018
It seems most CEC applicants face this trend....dunno why tbh..

I am FSW outland....but I have lived in Canada in the past. So, as I could see in many threads, it is also common to have this pattern...
I noticed same with mine. And from my observation (from various threads), FSW Inland applicants and CEC applicants have this same trend with their BGC status, hence the reason why some people argue that the BGC status shouldn’t be taken so seriously......

Vikas Ojha

Mar 29, 2018
I have sent an email to IRCC requesting for an update after 85 days from AOR and here is them reply:

- Your application was received at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia, on 08/03/2018.
- The background verifications are currently in process.

anyone who shares the same timeline or visa office ?
I am 8 August, n ip1 , can you please explain to whom did you send this email and share any template