+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

JJ_87

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
I tried the 6139444000 number but got an error “the toll free number you’re trying to reach is not available from your area”.

Has this worked for any other people? Dialing from the US.

I applied through an attorney as well and don’t want to bother them every time I want to know my status.
Why not? Are they doing it for free?
It's your application and you have all the rights to know what's happening with it.

And for the number, try using google hangouts

Reactions: Aarti123

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Why not? Are they doing it for free?
It's your application and you have all the rights to know what's happening with it.

And for the number, try using google hangouts
It’s a matter of basic courtesy. I wouldn’t want to bother someone with this every day. Once a week or so is okay in my opinion - and they voluntarily send me weekly statuses anyway. Just because a person has an attorney and he has paid them money, that doesn’t mean he can treat them whatever way he likes. Basic courtesy is a thing.

I just wanted to know how I can check on my own if I want it more frequently than that.

Hope you understand this. Paying someone money doesn’t mean you own them.

Reactions: RPS92 and expressca

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
It’s a matter of basic courtesy. I wouldn’t want to bother someone with this every day. Once a week or so is okay in my opinion - and they voluntarily send me weekly statuses anyway. Just because a person has an attorney and he has paid them money, that doesn’t mean he can treat them whatever way he likes. Basic courtesy is a thing.

I just wanted to know how I can check on my own if I want it more frequently than that.

Calling your lawyer or IRCC may not be fruitful always. Even once a week is too much to ask for progress on this. Once a month still okay. One way of knowing progress on your application is to order GCMS notes around 75+ / 90 day mark from AOR.

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Calling your lawyer or IRCC may not be fruitful always. Even once a week is too much to ask for progress on this. Once a month still okay. One way of knowing progress on your application is to order GCMS notes around 75+ / 90 day mark from AOR.
Thanks. Yes, I agree. The attorney is courteous enough to send me weekly statuses voluntarily. I don’t want to bother him any more. Unlike someone’s suggestion here, just because I’ve paid them money, I don’t treat them like my personal assistants.

I’m familiar with how to order GCMS notes. Thank you for suggesting that anyway.

I simply wanted to know how/why the number provided wasn’t working. Which the person answered (albeit after some unnecessary comments).

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks. Yes, I agree. The attorney is courteous enough to send me weekly statuses voluntarily. I don’t want to bother him any more. Unlike someone’s suggestion here, just because I’ve paid them money, I don’t treat them like my personal assistants.

I’m familiar with how to order GCMS notes. Thank you for suggesting that anyway.

I simply wanted to know how/why the number provided wasn’t working. Which the person answered (albeit after some unnecessary comments).
In my experience calling IRCC number is a hit or miss. It was mainly a miss for me and I could get hold of them after trying for a week. And the day I could get through I waited for 40 minutes on the line. Hence, personally I prefer the GCMS route. Good luck with your call. It requires a lot of patience!

Reactions: p_d2058

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
In my experience calling IRCC number is a hit or miss. It was mainly a miss for me and I could get hold of them after trying for a week. And the day I could get through I waited for 40 minutes on the line. Hence, personally I prefer the GCMS route. Good luck with your call. It requires a lot of patience!
Thanks! Someone said in a previous post that there is an IVR option if you just want to know your status. I’m hoping to be able to use just that. But to get to that even, the call should connect. I’ll try using hangouts. It doesn’t seem to be going through via a US number.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks! Someone said in a previous post that there is an IVR option if you just want to know your status. I’m hoping to be able to use just that. But to get to that even, the call should connect. I’ll try using hangouts. It doesn’t seem to be going through via a US number.
Try using *67 before the number. This hides the caller ID and the number should go through.

Reactions: p_d2058

JJ_87

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018

Bro..i never said anything about owning them. Dont make this into something I never meant. All i wanted to tell you is that if you cant reach through the phone number, ask you attorney. Thats it.
Peace!!

p_d2058

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
Bro..i never said anything about owning them. Dont make this into something I never meant. All i wanted to tell you is that if you cant reach through the phone number, ask you attorney. Thats it.
Peace!!
That’s not what you said. You said “are they doing this for FREE that you can’t ask them?”

I had clearly said in my very first post that the very reason I want to call the number is because I don’t want to bother the attorney all the time.

It’s good to accept one’s mistakes. Don’t try to be the victim when someone points out your rude tone.

Not interested in engaging in any conversation with you.

Nancy_N

Star Member
Oct 16, 2018
That’s not what you said. You said “are they doing this for FREE that you can’t ask them?”

I had clearly said in my very first post that the very reason I want to call the number is because I don’t want to bother the attorney all the time.

It’s good to accept one’s mistakes. Don’t try to be the victim when someone points out your rude tone.

You are taking this too far....please chill and let this go.....

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018

Go deal with the person you paid.

Cyrille

Apr 28, 2017
Hi Guys, if there's any Whatsapp group for August 2018 AOR, please add me up 7788690028.
Thanks in advance.
Good luck to everybody.