+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

bigshow13

Feb 13, 2018
Hello All

Here are my application details CRS score of 480 both wife and Husband currently in USA on H1-B. We got

AOR - August 3rd
Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) Fee Request & Deposit - Oct 5th

Current Status is the following

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics : We do not need your fingerprints.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

My question is how long will the background check take as it hasn't changed since August 3rd while everything else has changed. Is anyone else in the same boat. How can I find out more info to know when I might get the PPR. I am planning to travel to India and confused if what would happen if I get PPR and I cant respond back within a month with my passport as I might be traveling and will need my passport.

digitalmohsin

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
United States
Hello All

Here are my application details CRS score of 480 both wife and Husband currently in USA on H1-B. We got

AOR - August 3rd

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision : Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

My question is how long will the background check take as it hasn't changed since August 3rd while everything else has changed. Is anyone else in the same boat. How can I find out more info to know when I might get the PPR. I am planning to travel to India and confused if what would happen if I get PPR and I cant respond back within a month with my passport as I might be traveling and will need my passport.
I dont think anyone can predict how much it would take for the background check to complete successfully. Our best bet is to wait for at least six months before we can really get worried.

Reactions: Aarti123

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello All

AOR - August 3rd

Timeline is anywhere from 1 month to 6 month depending on many factors biggest being your luck. Given that its 2 months since AOR you can apply for GCMS notes to see progress of your application.

Priscilla1

Sep 6, 2018
My bad... its 102 Indian applicants in April... And ya, even though myiammitracker is not reliable, but i guess that's the best true info we have.... IIf we say myimmtracker cant be reliable, then same holds true for people who post on this blog... ??
Do you know how many indian applicants are there in august?

gau55555

Aug 6, 2018
I doubt that :| Festive season to me is the time when you are out of your normal day to day tussle and happy for a change. Diwali brings that time for most of us in India and since Diwali is still a month away and with given trends it seems PPR's too will be delivered by Santa to most of us around winter break :D (hopefully)
So I said festive season for June group has already begun as they have a reason to free themselves from the clutches of eternal anxiety as it is turning out to be for most :p :D and enjoy the time with PPRs in their hand.
Maybe you think otherwise and for a change you are enjoying this mind boggling wait :D from AOR to PPR , which most in this group wants to end within a month as they can't take it anymore :p:D

Cheers!
Though you did not get my point :p I give you a benefit of doubt ;).I wrote that festivities have begun cause some of Aug AOR (ok 2% of them) have got their PPR and also because I consider the festive season starts with amazon big sales (starting 10 Oct :p) till year end (Happy new year).

So, It has just started. Trying to be positive . Cheers for our PPRs... sooner the better :) !!

gauravmlal

Jun 8, 2018
Category........
Though you did not get my point :p I give you a benefit of doubt ;).I wrote that festivities have begun cause some of Aug AOR (ok 2% of them) have got their PPR and also because I consider the festive season starts with amazon big sales (starting 10 Oct :p) till year end (Happy new year).

So, It has just started. Trying to be positive . Cheers for our PPRs... sooner the better :) !!
:D:D You must be a shopaholic!

Cheers!

Reactions: gau55555

Kapsy2018

Oct 8, 2018
Hi All,

I submitted my online application on September 15th and received the AOR on the same day.

However, i havent seen any status change on my cic account so far.

Any thoughts or suggestions? or should i wait to see a change in the status for any of the sections.

Posting in this group as i did not see a group for September 2018 AOR

Warm Regards,
Kapsy

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hi All,

I submitted my online application on September 15th and received the AOR on the same day.

However, i havent seen any status change on my cic account so far.

Any thoughts or suggestions? or should i wait to see a change in the status for any of the sections.

Posting in this group as i did not see a group for September 2018 AOR

Warm Regards,
Kapsy
After 25-40 days, you will see meds passed and after that you might receive nothing until PPR.

digitalmohsin

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
United States
Hi Thanks much for the reply

And that would take approximately 4 to 5 months rt?
According to 2017 end of year immigration report, 80% of the FSW cases were completed(a decision was reached) within four months; in 2016 this time was six months. So there is a good chance that, unless something out of the ordinary happens, you will get your PR within four months.

Reactions: cadgijoe

expressca

Jun 22, 2018
According to 2017 end of year immigration report, 80% of the FSW cases were completed(a decision was reached) within four months; in 2016 this time was six months. So there is a good chance that, unless something out of the ordinary happens, you will get your PR within four months.
I hope this trend continues especially considering the increased number applicants included per recent ITA's