+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

rolaesh

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Can’t change what has already been submitted. To the best of your knowledge, you chose what you thought was right. Your chances to explain anytbjng are given in the LOE that you must include.

May be worth calling CIC but I don’t believe there is anything more that can be done.
Just to ask, if refused on that basis, can I reapply immediately without penalty? Will I be given a chance for explanation in form of requesting for more documents? If nothing an be done, it is better a stopped worried and hope for the best. Thanks

consar1012

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
11/06/2018
Just to ask, if refused on that basis, can I reapply immediately without penalty? Will I be given a chance for explanation in form of requesting for more documents? If nothing an be done, it is better a stopped worried and hope for the best. Thanks
If your application is refused, you will lose part of your fees if paid but you can always apply under Express Entry again and will have to go from the start.

At this stage, don’t start thinking of the “what if’s”. You are going to be fine. I’m not sure what grounds CIC ask for additional documentation. Take me for example. My ITA submission was rejected on the 16th day of submitting as I forgot to include my common law letter. I would have assumed they would ask for additional docs but this wasn’t the case, it was simply cancelled. I think had to go from the start.

Just remain positive, you’ll find out at some point when you have an update.

Reactions: viki1805

Swordwater

Feb 20, 2018
If your application is refused, you will lose part of your fees if paid but you can always apply under Express Entry again and will have to go from the start.

At this stage, don’t start thinking of the “what if’s”. You are going to be fine. I’m not sure what grounds CIC ask for additional documentation. Take me for example. My ITA submission was rejected on the 16th day of submitting as I forgot to include my common law letter. I would have assumed they would ask for additional docs but this wasn’t the case, it was simply cancelled. I think had to go from the start.

Just remain positive, you’ll find out at some point when you have an update.
How were you able to submit the eAPR without uploading the document at its placeholder?

Minimie

Sep 28, 2018
Hello people. Please I need some clarification. AOR 28th Aug.
Biometrics instruction letter is 20th Sep.
Medical status reads "we are reviewing the Results of your medical exam" and it hasn't changed since then. Got a ghost update on 21st if september. Anyone know what the issue could be?
Thank you

consar1012

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
UK
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
11/06/2018
How were you able to submit the eAPR without uploading the document at its placeholder?
I hadn’t missed off a section where a document wasn’t uploaded, I simply didn’t include the official IMM5409 form that is required along with other parts of my proof. I’m not sure how this question is even relevant to the users question. I mearly gave an example of my situation and what CIC did and did not do.

digitalmohsin

Star Member
Jun 24, 2017
United States
Now I am scared! I worked in a bank for 7 years but chose a noc for financial and investment analyst. I just rechecked my appointment letter now, my job function was business manager. Although, the job function and title looks related but I felt I could have gone for banking noc. I never knew they place much emphasis on noc. Is there anything I can do to change it now?
I am kinda scared too. but as far as I know, all that visa officers care is you were employed full-time and paid for three years. NOC should be irrelevant. But it could also depend on the officer who is processing the case he may have the authority to refuse based on this. but choosing an NOC is quite subjective and even for my profession I was able to fit myself in several NOC codes and I chose the one I thought was the best fit.

pursuit_of_happiness

Jul 23, 2018
I am kinda scared too. but as far as I know, all that visa officers care is you were employed full-time and paid for three years. NOC should be irrelevant. But it could also depend on the officer who is processing the case he may have the authority to refuse based on this. but choosing an NOC is quite subjective and even for my profession I was able to fit myself in several NOC codes and I chose the one I thought was the best fit.
you are mistaken about NOC, the NOC under which you applied must have around 70% matching job duties with the work that you showed and gained points for while creating express entry profile. They are very serious about it.

Reactions: JJ_87

gauravmlal

Jun 8, 2018
Category........
you are mistaken about NOC, the NOC under which you applied must have around 70% matching job duties with the work that you showed and gained points for while creating express entry profile. They are very serious about it.
You are right here. Just to add my correction to what @digitalmohsin said, they are very serious about the NOC but 'JOB TITLE' is something which fits in the description of what you just said. You may have any job title , which may not even match the ones given in the example list of any particular NOC, but your job duties should be matching to the ones in primary NOC.

Cheers!