+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Hey guys,

Been going through this forum for a while, pretty helpful. My AOR is August 3rd CEC inland and still waiting. I applied through a rep so I cant access my online profile (BG started, We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility criteria) I also had submitted a study permit extension on August 28th. Both my applications are still in process. My study permit extension was transferred to local VO in Edmonton for review. I spoke to a CIC agent about my CEC EE application and was told that this application is in Edmonton as well (as both applications need to be in the same place).

When I asked if my PR application had Eligbility Met, Passed, etc they just kept saying Eligbility is still be reviewed...asked if its under "review required", said the same...it is still being reviewing. As my Study Permit extension has been in process for 5 months now and PR almost 6 months, I am not sure when I can expect them back. Also do you guys know if its possible that my PR application decision comes through before my study permit extension?

Thank you for all the help!
Yeah, it's possible.

EE456

Champion Member
Jul 4, 2018
Guys, i just checked my profile and it shows that "application /profile updated" in place of "submitted". Application status was "submitted" until yesterday. Is this a ghost update?? I'm asking since i didn't receive any email from cic. Can someone please confirm if this is how a ghost update looks like?
That's the ghost update.

Reactions: Bhavyakerney

dck307

Sep 2, 2018
Hello everyone. I'm new on this platform. Want to share my EE-FSW journey so far. Hope to get good feedback from you all. Please pardon the long post ahead. Some dates i don't have (when medicals was passed, etc.)

AOR - Aug 20th 2018
Estimated Completion date - Feb 20th 2019
From Nigeria
Single Applicant
Biometrics collection date - Sep 15th 2018
ADR 1 - Scanned copy of Valid passport (old one was going to expire in Mar 2019) Nov 8th 2018
ADR 2 - LOE on Statutory questions (will explain this further) Jan 28th 2018

This is my current status

Application step Current status
Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - Not applicable.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - Completed.
Background check - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Before my ADR 1, my BGC read 'we are processing your background check'. After i submitted, the ADR column read 'we are reviewing the additional documents you provided'. BGC was still the same. Then before my ADR 2, the ADR column read 'Not Applicable'.

This leads me to the ADR 2. I schooled in the UK for six years so i had to provide PCC for both Nigeria and UK. Within that time, i encountered an issue where my debit card was stolen and used for debit card fraud. I was arrested and detained for approx 14 hours, questioned and released with no charges/convictions. This was a traumatizing experience for me because i never imagined i would find myself in a situation like that. Long story short, when i received my UK PCC, it said 'NO TRACE' which meant no record of anything (arrests, charges, convictions, etc.). Of course I was elated. I was dreading to see my UK police record. This is where it gets tricky, under statutory questions, i was asked if ive been arrested, detained or convicted of any crime in any country. Of course I had to say yes, better to be honest. But then, when the PCC came out, i was a bit confused honestly. So i am guessing they also feel confused on the disparity. So i responded with the LOE explaning my ordeal. The ADR wasn't even specific, it just said 'CLIENT INFORMATION: PLEASE PROVIDE EXPLANATION REGARDING STATUTORY QUESTIONS'. I figured it had to be this issue. I also tried to google what it might mean. Research said if you answer YES to any statutory question, you have to explain.

After i submitted my ADR 2, it was still showing 'we need additional documents to process..'. Then this morning, it changed to 'Not applicable' which is the current status now. However, my BGC changed to 'We will send you a message when we start your background check' which is like going backwards. It was being processed before, now they haven't even started. I am as confused as one can be. I tried to see if someone had a similar experience online but none yet.
Omor hwfa? Drop ur number make we add u to naija whatsapp group.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
I have a question for the people who received the PPR email, do they always specify the destination where you should send your passport ?
Cause in my case, they didn't. I just had to find the visa application center in my country
No

cheekylittleminx727

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
My AOR is August 1. I called CIC two weeks back and found security as 'not started'. Worried...
We are on the same boat. I contacted IRCC through the web form and here is the reply:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized. Following this assessment, your application was transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario (CPC-O). The office will contact you if they need other documents from you.

The background verifications are currently valid for criminality and have not been initiated for security yet. The medical examination results on file are valid.

Furthermore, if you would like to contact the responsible office directly in the future, you may find the contact information for the CPC-O on our website.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
We are on the same boat. I contacted IRCC through the web form and here is the reply:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The initial assessment to ensure your application is complete has been finalized. Following this assessment, your application was transferred to the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario (CPC-O). The office will contact you if they need other documents from you.

The background verifications are currently valid for criminality and have not been initiated for security yet. The medical examination results on file are valid.

Furthermore, if you would like to contact the responsible office directly in the future, you may find the contact information for the CPC-O on our website.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.
I think they have adjusted their generic response.

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Yes. But the status of eligibility isn't clear. Do I need to worry now? I am on my 5th month awaiting for PR approval.
Alot of us in the forum are waiting! It's unpredictable now to when PPR will come. We just need to keep the faith and be hopeful. You can try calling them or order for GCMS notes.

mkapoor0069

Jan 22, 2019
If you are outside of Canada, you should dial +16139444000. You may use Hangouts. You may have to dial several times to reach an agent. The process is a bit lengthy. Keep trying.
I says agent isnt available and cuts the call after repeating the status from the application portal. so i should try again and again?

ConDawg

Nov 13, 2018
Hey all,

AOR: 26 Aug 2018
MEP: Sep 21
IP2 Since At Least November.

No ghost updates yet

CEC Inland Applicant...

The struggle is real but still remaining positive!

Last edited:

gauravmlal

Jun 8, 2018
Category........
I says agent isnt available and cuts the call after repeating the status from the application portal. so i should try again and again?
Mr mkapoor,
If you are dialing from India then try around 18:20 hrs + 10 mins IST , if not successful then stretch your evening a bit and try again around 00:45 hrs + 10 mins. Hopefully You will get through.

Cheers!

Reactions: Shikta