+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
August folks with 5 months done post AOR for many of you ... if you're still awaiting PPR and have never ordered GCMS notes before .. it is probably the right time to order notes and make sure your eligibility has been recommended passed. If you already know that eligibility has been recommended passed by calling or by any other means than not ordering GCMS notes is fine.

Reactions: gau55555

kushthapar1989

Jan 29, 2019
Keep trying. A trick to always get in the queue is to use a Canadian number. Virtual apps can assign you Canadian numbers. Good luck.
Finally my call went through and talked to the agent. She told me that my VO is CPC Ottawa and my eligibility is met. But criminality and security is yet to start.

She told me to call again if nothing happens till my normal processing time is over i.e., after 19 days.

Should I be worried because the background verification is yet to start?

Atuli

Oct 14, 2018
August folks with 5 months done post AOR for many of you ... if you're still awaiting PPR and have never ordered GCMS notes before .. it is probably the right time to order notes and make sure your eligibility has been recommended passed. If you already know that eligibility has been recommended passed by calling or by any other means than not ordering GCMS notes is fine.
I had called agent two weeks ago and they confirmed eligibility has been met for me and my spouse...criminality is passed and security was yet to begin...just wondering if I should order GCMS notes or not...AOR is 22Aug...if I should order than which portal should I...where I can be sure I will receive GCMS report for sure..!!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I had called agent two weeks ago and they confirmed eligibility has been met for me and my spouse...criminality is passed and security was yet to begin...just wondering if I should order GCMS notes or not...AOR is 22Aug...if I should order than which portal should I...where I can be sure I will receive GCMS report for sure..!!
If eligibility is met and you already know that then it is fine if you don't want to order notes. Sometimes agents give vague answers and if someone isn't sure they should definitely order by now.

If you want to order you can use www.getgcms.com. I have ordered twice and both times notes arrived within timelines.

Tinaaah

Oct 18, 2018
Hi Cansha,

I found out through calling IRCC in November that it is recommended pass, criminality in process abd security too. I raised CSE in Dec and got generic message and now in Jan, I mailed Ottawa as that is my VO and then I got that my file is in queue. I have ordered GCMS notes. AOR Aug 14. Is there anything I should be worried about? Any thoughts?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi Cansha,

I found out through calling IRCC in November that it is recommended pass, criminality in process abd security too. I raised CSE in Dec and got generic message and now in Jan, I mailed Ottawa as that is my VO and then I got that my file is in queue. I have ordered GCMS notes. AOR Aug 14. Is there anything I should be worried about? Any thoughts?
No if eligibility is recommended passed nothing to worry about.

Reactions: Tinaaah

utshab

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Hi Cansha,

hi.. can u please share the Ottawa VO email id? Also what did you write in your email? If you could share tht, I would be thankful to you.

utshab

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Although, the agent told me my eligibility is MET, do u still recommend GCMS? does that help speed up the process? As you can see in my timelines, my criminality is passed but security not started ( as per last call early Jan)... could you please share your thoughts..

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Although, the agent told me my eligibility is MET, do u still recommend GCMS? does that help speed up the process? As you can see in my timelines, my criminality is passed but security not started ( as per last call early Jan)... could you please share your thoughts..
No GCMS notes won't speed up the process. Many people do think that ordering GCMS notes sometimes nudges the officers to look at the file. If eligibility is met there is no real need to order GCMS notes.

Reactions: utshab

utshab

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
No GCMS notes won't speed up the process. Many people do think that ordering GCMS notes sometimes nudges the officers to look at the file. If eligibility is met there is no real need to order GCMS notes.
thank you for the advice. Would have any idea if eligibility and security are linked? I mean my eligibility is yet to be passed by an officer (although as i mentioned its met as per agent) and my security is yet to start. Is it like, untill eligibility is passed, the security won't start or is it the other way round, until security is passed, eligibility won't be passed by the officer? Or are they not dependent on each other at this stage? ... I would love to know more about this please..

The agent did say the eligibility met is almost same as passed, just the officer needs to pass it.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
thank you for the advice. Would have any idea if eligibility and security are linked? I mean my eligibility is yet to be passed by an officer (although as i mentioned its met as per agent) and my security is yet to start. Is it like, untill eligibility is passed, the security won't start or is it the other way round, until security is passed, eligibility won't be passed by the officer? Or are they not dependent on each other at this stage? ... I would love to know more about this please..

The agent did say the eligibility met is almost same as passed, just the officer needs to pass it.
Its not clear but many people think that security is triggered once eligibility is passed by visa officer. Also, there are views that security runs in parallel. I believe in the former and I think security in general doesn't take too long for most people once it is triggered. I think most people are waiting just because their files are not being picked by a visa officer.

Reactions: utshab

kushthapar1989

Jan 29, 2019
I have ordered GCMS notes from GetGcms.com. No one can guarantee the timeline of getting the gcms notes because the delay happens at the ircc end. Minimum 35 days are required.

RPS92

Star Member
May 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-06-2018
AOR Received.
21-08-2018
Med's Done....
12-09-18
Passport Req..
29-01-2019
VISA ISSUED...
31-01-2019
By the grace of god and blessings of my parents and my friends... I got PPR today; VO- CPC Ottawa. please see signature for timeline! Cannot stop thanking people in this forum for all the support they provided and the fact that I never had to pay a hefty consultation fees to any agency was made possible only because of Canadavisa!!

gokul.chandran

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-08-2018
Hi everyone,

I had received an ADR for updated POF and IMM5406e (Additional Family Information).
The message was signed by agent number - MD18910.
Does anyone have any knowledge what the code MD stands for? I presume it is the code for the visa office but not able to figure out which one?