+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - join here

Karan302534

May 9, 2018
I called cic yesterday. Talked to an agent. He told me all the documents were in place and eligibility was met. My background check hasn't started yet and my file is in Montreal. Everything looks good to finish by February 10th 2019 which is 6 months mark.

August 10th AOR

Any idea what stage I am in?
How do you get the agent? Do you remember what number options you selected. I always end up at the automated machine asking to key in the application number and date of birth.

Karan302534

May 9, 2018
I called CIC a few minutes later, the agent was a very nice person who kindly answered my questions and even proposed to speak French to help me understand her :), she said they are checking my antecedents (which I didn't understand quite well), she also said that my VO was Ottawa, even if I am not sure how it can be Ottawa since I am still at eligibility check meaning that my case wasn't transferred anywhere yet, am I wrong ?
How do you get the agent? Do you remember what number options you selected. I always end up at the automated machine asking to key in the application number and date of birth.

Abdelilah

Apr 8, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19/08/2018
Doc's Request.
07/11/2018
AOR Received.
19/08/2018
LANDED..........
17/02/2019
I called the 0016139444000 through Hangouts, but to be honest I can't recall the combination, pure luck that I got an agent although it didn't say that much about my status.

qsecofr

Nov 2, 2018
CEC Inland
AOR - August 7th
ADR - Aug 28
No updates since.
Spoke to an agent today and was told the application is with VO Ottawa. Eligibility check and background check are not complete yet.
Hope to receive an update soon.

Reactions: Toronto_FC2018

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
She told me exactly these words (I am translating from French):

“We are still looking at your documents and no abnormality was detected, all the needed documents were provided, we are looking at your antecedents and processing is going fine nothing unusual here, all you have to do from your side is to wait”

About my visa office:

“Yes, it is Ottawa, that’s where the cases are processed”

Not a very clear terminology, not mentioning anything about eligibility.
Her reply sounds positive so wait for few more weeks.

Reactions: Abdelilah

gadhvibhargav

Feb 10, 2016
That's incorrect. The file comes to local VO only if a verification of local employment/bank is needed. If the analysts think everything is ok, the file comes to local VO only for Visa stamping and last minute verifications if required.
By local VO I meant the primary visa office of your application. For example, all the files first go to CPC and after R10 and Meds are done usually they are transferred to various visa offices for conducting the eligibility, criminality and security tests. Sometimes eligibility may already have started at the CPC before the file is transferred.
My file is with Montreal VO (primary VO), which isn't the CPC, and my current statuses are eligibility, criminality and securities haven't been started yet. In fact, the analysts at Montreal would review my file first.
Further, I have seen many cases where files transfer from one primary VO to other for further processing.

Reactions: singhabhineet

Sai baba ki jai

Nov 7, 2018
India
AOR Received.
17-08-2018
Med's Done....
07-09-2018
That's incorrect. The file comes to local VO only if a verification of local employment/bank is needed. If the analysts think everything is ok, the file comes to local VO only for Visa stamping and last minute verifications if required.
Hi Abhineet. What was your CRS score? I read through the forum and understand you recently got your PPR. I have a similar timeline but been on IP2 since 2 Nov and I was initially told IP2 is as good as getting PPR.

AOR - 17 Aug
MEP - 7 Sep
IP2 - 2 Nov
FSW-O
CRS - 459
VO - Ottawa

I have a feeling that at each stage the applications which got ITA with higher CRS scores get processed faster. I feel that could only be the reason that could explain the wayward pattern of PPRs and IP2s. Is that a possibility or am I mistaken?
Anybody else is also welcome to answer

Karan302534

May 9, 2018
How do you get the agent? Does any of you remember what number options you selected. I always end up at the automated machine asking to key in the application number and date of birth.

Confusedperson

Aug 23, 2018
i got my BOWP on the 68th day. I think its normal, i guess... After it was approved, 2 days later my lawyer received my official papers.
I got my BOWP today! 73 days. Such a relief. They seem to be taking longer and longer. Hopefully get my paper one in the next few days.

Confusedperson

Aug 23, 2018
I got asked for additional documents today (just proof of my new address that I recently moved too) previously I was on ip2. Is this a good sign that maybe my background check is nearly over or is it just starting? Could they ask for more additional documents in the future?

CEC Inland
AOR 22nd August
BOWP submitted 27th August
MEP 18th Sep
BOWP approved 6th Nov

qsecofr

Nov 2, 2018
How do you get the agent? Does any of you remember what number options you selected. I always end up at the automated machine asking to key in the application number and date of birth.
I guess it’s 1122, application number, DOB and then 0. If you are lucky, you will get thru to an agent. Good luck!