+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2018 AOR - Join here

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi All ,
I have a query regarding Cover Letter with the PR application ? I have seen many samples available on internet , but also read that it is not a mandatory document. So I needed more details on Cover letter , what all to include in it if it is mandatory ?

Thanks!
Gaurav
It is not a cover letter, but a LoE( Letter of Explanation), as the name says it is for explaining something which is not evident in your application and you want to provide more context, details. Also people add additional documents along with it.

It's all upto you how you want to use the Client document section, it is not mandatory.

Reactions: hamgha

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
can someone guide me as to how to check my status?

i click on 'Application Status"
then a field asking what i apply for appear, so i click Permanenrt Residency Card then Continue
then Client Application Status comes up so i click the check application status under this heading
i tick where i understand and agree to the terms and condition then continue
then two fields appear, Identification Type and Number
I choose Application Number and put in my CA number
and fill in my surname and dob and place of birth but when i continue it states unable to find

is there something else i need to do or choose another field??

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
can someone guide me as to how to check my status?

i click on 'Application Status"
then a field asking what i apply for appear, so i click Permanenrt Residency Card then Continue
then Client Application Status comes up so i click the check application status under this heading
i tick where i understand and agree to the terms and condition then continue
then two fields appear, Identification Type and Number
I choose Application Number and put in my CA number
and fill in my surname and dob and place of birth but when i continue it states unable to find

is there something else i need to do or choose another field??
thats for paper based, not applicable for express entry online applications.

gauravmlal

Jun 8, 2018
Category........
It is not a cover letter, but a LoE( Letter of Explanation), as the name says it is for explaining something which is not evident in your application and you want to provide more context, details. Also people add additional documents along with it.

It's all upto you how you want to use the Client document section, it is not mandatory.
Thank you for your insight. I am aware about LOE but I had read somewhere on this forum that an additional cover letter other than LOE could be used with the profile to give a holistic overview of the profile and so had this question. But anyway you had shed light on it.

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
not true my friend applied online and he could check his status from there! and that gets updated faster than online profile!
can you help me then? am i filling it out correctly? using the identity number as my profile number?

Aarti123

Jan 4, 2018
when i go into my application, this is what i see
Application status
Check the status, review the details and read messages for your application.

Status
We received your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

thats it.
i have no messages

My doctor said they submitted my results already so shouldnt it be updated with that?