devilsofnj

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Vancouver Island
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
Thanks for the reply, when did ur background check started?
No they did not. That was the weird thing. We got passport request first. Then it all kind of came immediately afterwards within the day. Passport request, so we knew we'd 99.9% been approved. But when we looked at GCKEY and ECAS it still said background check in process and no decision made. But then a few hours later it changed. We never got a letter about background check either. Just passport request.

Bebe09

Feb 14, 2018
No they did not. That was the weird thing. We got passport request first. Then it all kind of came immediately afterwards within the day. Passport request, so we knew we'd 99.9% been approved. But when we looked at GCKEY and ECAS it still said background check in process and no decision made. But then a few hours later it changed. We never got a letter about background check either. Just passport request.
That’s strange, mine is still application in progress. Ive been waiting for quite a while now, i had my pre arrival last feb 15-16 but since then no update yet.

Bebe09

Feb 14, 2018
Devilsofnj, im just wondering passport request by mail or by email?

devilsofnj

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Vancouver Island
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
Devilsofnj, im just wondering passport request by mail or by email?
It is done through e-mail. You are given instructions on what to do. We had to drop my PA's passport at VSF Manila, who then sent it onwards to Canadian Embassy in Manila. They will ask if you want to have your passport express shipped to the Embassy for a fee or regular. Everything is tracked but definitely pick the express option. We would have got our passport back quicker most likely had we chosen the express option.

Reactions: balkan17

Lia77

Sep 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
03-08-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
10-10-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
03-01-2018
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-04-2018
LANDED..........
Waiting
@Bebe09

In my case, I didn't get any email requesting the passport from my visa office. All I got an email from GcKey alert

"E-mail Notification
This message is intended for the following e-mail address: emailaddress@gmail.com.
If this message does not concern you, discard it.

You have a new message(s) in your account.
To view your message, sign in to your account."

That's all but GcKey had a PDF attached message requesting passport with all the details on but to send and where to submit.

ziriuhs

Mar 15, 2018
Anyway, enough of my rambling. Best of luck to you! Let me know when you get approved.
Thanks, you're sweet.
It does seem there are slower and faster processing visas, by that I mean people getting a resolution of their visas within 4-5-6-7 months...then there's those for whom this is getting longer, and so far it seems Mexico is one of those. I was upset when they sent my app to México when Colombia would have been a better option for my application from Peru, and Colombia seems to be "faster" than Mexico too. But it is true each application is different. We're a married couple of 42 and 52 years old. Maybe for us being "oldies" our process would also go slower lol.

My husband really thought we'd get the visa before the 8 month but we're already within it. Very disappointing, but we're not alone as the majority falls into this category of slow processing. The worse is not getting any updates on where are we. My husband got his MP involved to get notes on the process but we just got the same that shows in ECAS, which got stuck into asking for extra police and judicial certificates in early January. Don't even know what stage is that, Background Check or not, who knows lol.

Anyway, hope ur starting your life together with ur loved one is a wonderful journey.

devilsofnj

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
Vancouver Island
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
Thanks, you're sweet.
It does seem there are slower and faster processing visas, by that I mean people getting a resolution of their visas within 4-5-6-7 months...then there's those for whom this is getting longer, and so far it seems Mexico is one of those. I was upset when they sent my app to México when Colombia would have been a better option for my application from Peru, and Colombia seems to be "faster" than Mexico too. But it is true each application is different. We're a married couple of 42 and 52 years old. Maybe for us being "oldies" our process would also go slower lol.

My husband really thought we'd get the visa before the 8 month but we're already within it. Very disappointing, but we're not alone as the majority falls into this category of slow processing. The worse is not getting any updates on where are we. My husband got his MP involved to get notes on the process but we just got the same that shows in ECAS, which got stuck into asking for extra police and judicial certificates in early January. Don't even know what stage is that, Background Check or not, who knows lol.

Anyway, hope ur starting your life together with ur loved one is a wonderful journey.
Thank you! Wife will be here in four weeks time.

The government did commit to processing 80 per cent of applications within 12 months, so, while I know it is frustrating to see other applications get approved, you are still within the time frame that the government has established. I actually haven't seen too many individuals with their applications at Mexico or Columbia for that matter. Do you seem to be on par with any one else from Mexico that applied in August? I would imagine that situations where either applicant was previously married or had dependents etc., that would result in extra time being needed to process the application.

That's interesting that you mention that your husband got an MP involved because I had considered having my MP write a letter of support for my application. However, my MP, while I do know her somewhat and have a friend who works at her office, is an opposition MP from the NDP party. I figured having an NDP MP write a letter of support might not make much of a difference since the entire family sponsorship processing system was overhauled by the Liberals. No idea what the extra police and judicial certificates request means in terms of where you are.

Based on how we were notified about certain updates with our application, I have to figure that IRCC does some things in bulk. One of the comments on my notes was something to do with a bulk notification. It's almost as if they do "People who applied between x month and x month, who are destined for x province, who meet or fit x number of conditions, we will bulk message them pre-arrival form." I also imagine that they have a grading scale, where applicants are ranked based on various factors such as age, length of relationship, etc.

These are all just guesses of course, I have no idea. As I said before, I really believe that because my wife and I are both in our late 20s was a huge asset for us. Government prefers young people who can pay taxes and not be a drain on the health care system (I am definitely not saying that you or your husband would be). They don't come out and say that with family sponsorship, but all you have to do is look at the the government and private sponsored Syrian refugees that have arrived. The overwhelming majority of them are young families with at least two children. I say this as a journalist who has written and covered the Syrian refugee effort in Nanaimo since 2016. https://www.nanaimobulletin.com/news/syrian-refugee-family-reunited-in-nanaimo/

Bebe09

Feb 14, 2018
@Bebe09

In my case, I didn't get any email requesting the passport from my visa office. All I got an email from GcKey alert

"E-mail Notification
This message is intended for the following e-mail address: emailaddress@gmail.com.
If this message does not concern you, discard it.

You have a new message(s) in your account.
To view your message, sign in to your account."

That's all but GcKey had a PDF attached message requesting passport with all the details on but to send and where to submit.
Thank you, does your gckey says application is in progress? I mean the background check

Jasdevbrar

Mar 20, 2018
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
File Transfer...
05-12-2017
Med's Request
22-10-2017
File submit 2 august
Aor 14 sept
Medical : 22 sept 2017
Forwarded to n delhi : 5 dec 2017
Started processing: 12th dec 2017
Ip2 27th feb 2018
How much more time ?

Bebe09

Feb 14, 2018
File submit 2 august
Aor 14 sept
Ip2 27th feb 2018
How much more time ?
To be honest i really dont know, it’s case to case basis, they received my application 4 of august they started processing in October, but i got stuck at background check, they haven’t started yet, my gckey Says

Background check: your application is in progress. We will send you message when we start your background check. (No changes since then).

Jasdevbrar

Mar 20, 2018
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
File Transfer...
05-12-2017
Med's Request
22-10-2017
To be honest i really dont know, it’s case to case basis, they received my application 4 of august they started processing in October, but i got stuck at background check, they haven’t started yet, my gckey Says

Background check: your application is in progress. We will send you message when we start your background check. (No changes since then).
Same here but mine got started on 12 dec n got BG on 27th feb

balkan17

Sep 5, 2017

Mine too!!!,I am application 4 of august there are not any more since October!

Sajosh12

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
AUG 28
File Transfer...
NOV 23
File submit 2 august
Aor 14 sept
Ip2 27th feb 2018
How much more time ?
Ndvo takes 10-12 months processing time. They’re just working on may applicant right now so August applicant maybe couple more months

Bebe09

Feb 14, 2018
Mine too!!!,I am application 4 of august there are not any more since October!
I called immigration today to ask whats going on about my application, they said i have to call my visa office to ask coz they dont have any information since they already transferred it to visa office. So i guess we still have to wait more months, since we’re still in the 12 months process.