+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****AUGUST 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

balkan17

Sep 5, 2017
I called immigration today to ask whats going on about my application, they said i have to call my visa office to ask coz they dont have any information since they already transferred it to visa office. So i guess we still have to wait more months, since we’re still in the 12 months process.
I sent my mail to my office, the call is not working for them.I got this answer a month ago,HORRIBLE!!!

Your application is undergoing an assessment of provided information. We cannot provide a time frame as to when the assessment will be completed. However, we will contact you as soon as we have further information.

ayns

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
18-09-2017
AOR Received.
18-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
29-09-2017
Thank you! Wife will be here in four weeks time.

The government did commit to processing 80 per cent of applications within 12 months, so, while I know it is frustrating to see other applications get approved, you are still within the time frame that the government has established. I actually haven't seen too many individuals with their applications at Mexico or Columbia for that matter. Do you seem to be on par with any one else from Mexico that applied in August? I would imagine that situations where either applicant was previously married or had dependents etc., that would result in extra time being needed to process the application.

That's interesting that you mention that your husband got an MP involved because I had considered having my MP write a letter of support for my application. However, my MP, while I do know her somewhat and have a friend who works at her office, is an opposition MP from the NDP party. I figured having an NDP MP write a letter of support might not make much of a difference since the entire family sponsorship processing system was overhauled by the Liberals. No idea what the extra police and judicial certificates request means in terms of where you are.

Based on how we were notified about certain updates with our application, I have to figure that IRCC does some things in bulk. One of the comments on my notes was something to do with a bulk notification. It's almost as if they do "People who applied between x month and x month, who are destined for x province, who meet or fit x number of conditions, we will bulk message them pre-arrival form." I also imagine that they have a grading scale, where applicants are ranked based on various factors such as age, length of relationship, etc.

These are all just guesses of course, I have no idea. As I said before, I really believe that because my wife and I are both in our late 20s was a huge asset for us. Government prefers young people who can pay taxes and not be a drain on the health care system (I am definitely not saying that you or your husband would be). They don't come out and say that with family sponsorship, but all you have to do is look at the the government and private sponsored Syrian refugees that have arrived. The overwhelming majority of them are young families with at least two children. I say this as a journalist who has written and covered the Syrian refugee effort in Nanaimo since 2016. https://www.nanaimobulletin.com/news/syrian-refugee-family-reunited-in-nanaimo/
Hm, not sure about the age factor. My husband and I are the same as you: in our late 20s, both in the IT industry which I think is a big asset in Vancouver, newly married when we applied last August, been together for almost 11 years. Though like you said, there are a lot of factors that can come in on why applications get processed faster than others.

Still waiting for an update on ours. My husband got a pre-arrival services letter last Feb 2, he's attending the seminar on April. Just last March 19, he received an email from MVO for a virtual career fair that's held next month.

ziriuhs

Mar 15, 2018
Thank you! Wife will be here in four weeks time.

The government did commit to processing 80 per cent of applications within 12 months, so, while I know it is frustrating to see other applications get approved, you are still within the time frame that the government has established. I actually haven't seen too many individuals with their applications at Mexico or Columbia for that matter. Do you seem to be on par with any one else from Mexico that applied in August? I would imagine that situations where either applicant was previously married or had dependents etc., that would result in extra time being needed to process the application.

That's interesting that you mention that your husband got an MP involved because I had considered having my MP write a letter of support for my application. However, my MP, while I do know her somewhat and have a friend who works at her office, is an opposition MP from the NDP party. I figured having an NDP MP write a letter of support might not make much of a difference since the entire family sponsorship processing system was overhauled by the Liberals. No idea what the extra police and judicial certificates request means in terms of where you are.

Based on how we were notified about certain updates with our application, I have to figure that IRCC does some things in bulk. One of the comments on my notes was something to do with a bulk notification. It's almost as if they do "People who applied between x month and x month, who are destined for x province, who meet or fit x number of conditions, we will bulk message them pre-arrival form." I also imagine that they have a grading scale, where applicants are ranked based on various factors such as age, length of relationship, etc.

These are all just guesses of course, I have no idea. As I said before, I really believe that because my wife and I are both in our late 20s was a huge asset for us. Government prefers young people who can pay taxes and not be a drain on the health care system (I am definitely not saying that you or your husband would be). family-reunited-in-nanaimo/
There's not many applicants using the Mexican Visa Office. Ours started in Mississauga and my husband's sponsorship was approved in just one month, but unluckily they sent our application to Mexico. I read there's applications from the Mexican Visa Office still processing since January of 2017 without a visa resolution. So the 12 months time frame is not for all applications either it seems. Hopefully ours won't take longer than 12 months, else it'll be just so unfair. It's already so unfair to see people applying in September, October already getting their visas. Good for them I guess.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
There's not many applicants using the Mexican Visa Office.
I thought that the Mexico City Visa Office was backlogged because of the earthquake and there's been a lot of shuffling around various visa offices because of it.

ziriuhs

Mar 15, 2018
I thought that the Mexico City Visa Office was backlogged because of the earthquake and there's been a lot of shuffling around various visa offices because of it.
Hi Evdm, what do you mean with that? I learned PR applications of people from Peru and Bolivia started being processed in Mexico in April of 2017.
Our app was transferred from Mississauga to Mexico in November 2017 and in January I sent to Mexico the extra police and judicial certificates they asked for, so I guess it's being processed in Mexico.

Jasdevbrar

Mar 20, 2018
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New delhi
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
File Transfer...
05-12-2017
Med's Request
22-10-2017
Any whatsapp group for spousal visa for 2017 please add me or if not then plz create one so we can share our experience in a better n easy way. Thanks in advance

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Hi Evdm, what do you mean with that? I learned PR applications of people from Peru and Bolivia started being processed in Mexico in April of 2017.
Our app was transferred from Mississauga to Mexico in November 2017 and in January I sent to Mexico the extra police and judicial certificates they asked for, so I guess it's being processed in Mexico.
I believe the Canadian embassy and the Visa Office were closed for a while following the earthquake that struck Mexico city last year. That meant that cases that were being processed there were put on hold while efforts were focused on recovery and reopening the embassy for consular services. I recall reading reports on here that applications that would normally be processed in Mexico were instead being transferred to other Visa Offices so that Mexico could get back on track. This would have been a temporary measure, I presume.

I could be mistaken though.

In any case, the IRCC website for the Mexico Visa office says it processes applications for the following countries:

Argentina, Aruba, Belize, Bolivia, Bonaire, Chile, Costa Rica, Curaçao, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices/mexico-city.html

ayns

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
18-09-2017
AOR Received.
18-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
29-09-2017
Background check finally started. I'm not sure exactly when but I'm logging it as today since I saw it today. The last time I checked CIC was March 19, and I checked again tonight and the status has updated. We didn't receive an email about the update though.

Reactions: balkan17 and Jemnay

Bebe09

Feb 14, 2018
Background check finally started. I'm not sure exactly when but I'm logging it as today since I saw it today. The last time I checked CIC was March 19, and I checked again tonight and the status has updated. We didn't receive an email about the update though.
Congrats, i hope you get ppr soon, can u pls share your timeline, thanks

Reactions: Jemnay

Shaan54

Mar 23, 2018
n54 said:
Hi im new in the thread please help me
File Received on 18 august 2017
Mecical , pcc , sch A on 12 october 2017
But it took us 4 months to get pcc
Pcc submitted on 21 feb 2018
Start working on file in NDVO 19 march
So i have a question will i get my PPR same AS AUGUST or will get after 4 months help me

ayns

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
18-09-2017
AOR Received.
18-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
29-09-2017
Congrats, i hope you get ppr soon, can u pls share your timeline, thanks
Thanks. It's all in my signature but here you go:

Visa Office: Manila
Application Submitted: Aug 2
Application Received: Aug 8
AOR: Sep 18
Docs Requested/Submitted: Sep 18 / Sep 19
Medical Request: Sep 21
Medical Submitted: Sep 29
Medical Passed: Oct 13
SA: Sep 25
File Transfer: Oct 6
AOR2: Oct 16
Pre-Arrival Letter: Feb 2
BGC: March 23
PPR: pending

Bebe09

Feb 14, 2018
Thanks. It's all in my signature but here you go:

Visa Office: Manila
Application Submitted: Aug 2
Application Received: Aug 8
AOR: Sep 18
Docs Requested/Submitted: Sep 18 / Sep 19
Medical Request: Sep 21
Medical Submitted: Sep 29
Medical Passed: Oct 13
SA: Sep 25
File Transfer: Oct 6
AOR2: Oct 16
Pre-Arrival Letter: Feb 2
BGC: March 23
PPR: pending
Your ppr will come soon, i can sense it, usually when bgc started the next step will be ppr, be patient it will come very soon