+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****AUGUST 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi guys! How you all doing? I submitted my wife's application last July 31, 2017 and was received Aug. 1, 2017. Its been a month and a week and we haven't received any AOR or SA yet. But there's one email we received. The email contained instructions on how to link account online and my wife's UCI and our application number. I'm not sure if its the actual AOR1 because its different from all the samples I've seen here.

So after we received the email, I linked our account immediately. Then after a week, I checked our linked application and they are requesting for Schedule A and Police clearance (we uploaded the files 3 days ago).

My question is, is it normal to receive any requests from CIC when we still haven't received any AOR or SA?

Thank you.
Yes you can consider yourself granted AOR.

What does ecas say

Reactions: ali khalid
Sep 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp?s=2

It's a way to check the status of your application outside of gckey. Generally more accurate than mycic and does not experience the same amount of glitches, but less detailed. Check and report back what it says.
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 1, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence on September 5, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 1, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence on September 5, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Perfect. Any requests? If not you can give it a couple days

mel2017

Jun 29, 2017
Hi guys! How you all doing? I submitted my wife's application last July 31, 2017 and was received Aug. 1, 2017. Its been a month and a week and we haven't received any AOR or SA yet. But there's one email we received. The email contained instructions on how to link account online and my wife's UCI and our application number. I'm not sure if its the actual AOR1 because its different from all the samples I've seen here.

So after we received the email, I linked our account immediately. Then after a week, I checked our linked application and they are requesting for Schedule A and Police clearance (we uploaded the files 3 days ago).

My question is, is it normal to receive any requests from CIC when we still haven't received any AOR or SA?

Thank you.
You are the sponsor right? Are you sure you didn't get the email? The email is normally sent the same day for instance, my husband is my sponsor and I got an email to link my account at 9.30 pm (it was a Friday night) and my husband got the confirmation email that my application is with CIC at exactly 10.15 pm that same day (that was June 9) . Nonetheless, you can be rest assure that once they invite you to submit PCC and Schedule A form, its acknowledgment in its own right that they have your application.

Update: My hubby didn't receive SA until a week after I uploaded PCC and Schedule A.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
None right now except for the Sched A and Police clearance which we already submitted. It says "Replacement provided" for both requirements.
Ah - you're not supposed to submit them upfront - may be some confusion around that.

The only other thing would be a medical request then, which may take a while.

Sep 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Ah - you're not supposed to submit them upfront - may be some confusion around that.

The only other thing would be a medical request then, which may take a while.
But the files will stay there regardless, right? Or will they be asking me to re-upload the files?

Sep 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
You are the sponsor right? Are you sure you didn't get the email? The email is normally sent the same day for instance, my husband is my sponsor and I got an email to link my account at 9.30 pm (it was a Friday night) and my husband got the confirmation email that my application is with CIC at exactly 10.15 pm that same day (that was June 9) . Nonetheless, you can be rest assure that once they invite you to submit PCC and Schedule A form, its acknowledgment in its own right that they have your application.

Update: My hubby didn't receive SA until a week after I uploaded PCC and Schedule A.
Hi. Yes I am the sponsor and I forgot to indicate that I received an email, too. We received the emails after exactly 4 weeks. But I'm getting confused because the format of the email is different from the samples that I saw here. So I'm assuming that those 2 emails were not the official AOR and SA letters.

Reactions: mel2017
Sep 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Hard to say it's not uncommon for them to ask you to resubmit them
We are hoping there won't be any issues with our application. We've been checking from time to time so that we won't miss any correspondence. But thanks for the help. I will give you an update if there's any thing.

Reactions: mel2017

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
We are hoping there won't be any issues with our application. We've been checking from time to time so that we won't miss any correspondence. But thanks for the help. I will give you an update if there's any thing.
Resubmitting them isn't really an issue. It honestly happens often - so if it does don't think it's bad news :)

JulianaAndrew

Feb 14, 2017
Colombia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
App. Filed.......
26-07-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A and PCC: 01-09-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1: 01-09-2017, AOR2: 19-09-2017
File Transfer...
15-09-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
23-01-2018
Interview........
06-12-2017 - Passed
Passport Req..
06-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2018
LANDED..........
10-03-2018

Thank you.
That email was AOR, you already got it. SA can easily come after any documents they request.