+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****AUGUST 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Bhubank

Star Member
Sep 17, 2017
Hi everyone! I've been reading along but have yet to post.

I'm the PA and just checked GCKey today (been checking every day or so) and noticed that the Background check has changed to "We started processing your background check". Seems like that's a good step! However, the ECAS status hasn't changed to "In Process" yet.

Is this normal? Should we be expecting DM next or is there a while yet and we're waiting to see ECAS IP next? From what I've been reading, some things can come in different stages for different people but I can't tell about this step.

Here's my full timeline:
- (Application originally sent in May but returned due to one missing line on Sponsor's Notice of Assessment)
- Application (Re)Received: 8/1
- AOR 1: 9/8
- SA: 9/15
- AOR 2: 10/13 (we got a letter that our app was staying in Missisauga, so I think that was AOR2)
- BCG WSP: 12/5

Thanks!
That’s really good, lucky you. Hope u will get DM soon!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017

I'm the PA and just checked GCKey today (been checking every day or so) and noticed that the Background check has changed to "We started processing your background check". Seems like that's a good step! However, the ECAS status hasn't changed to "In Process" yet.

Is this normal? Should we be expecting DM next or is there a while yet and we're waiting to see ECAS IP next? From what I've been reading, some things can come in different stages for different people but I can't tell about this step.

Here's my full timeline:
- (Application originally sent in May but returned due to one missing line on Sponsor's Notice of Assessment)
- AOR 2: 10/13 (we got a letter that our app was staying in Missisauga, so I think that was AOR2)

Thanks!
The BGC is the longest and most laborious part of the application. Generally, you can expect a few months of processing at this stage. DM or interview if required typically would come next.

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017

Here's my full timeline:

Thanks!
congrats! join the rest of us outlanders being processed in Mississauga here :
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/mississauga-processing-outland-spousal-applicants.515292/page-54
:)
if you read through this thread youll see that through some investigation, it would appear that we may be part of a pilot program. a June applicant who was processed through Mississauga has just recently received COPR and landed!
so be patient and it will come soon enough :)

J.S

Jul 13, 2015
Application sent = 28-Aug
AOR-1 = 10-Oct
Sponsor Approved or Sponsorship Eligibility Decision = 12-Oct
Medical Request = Requested - 11-Oct, Done =17-Oct = Passed Last Week
Schedule-A requested , Photos Requested and Birth Certificate = Requested =17-OCT , Submitted = 10-Nov-2017

Received Email on 21-NOV-2017 stating File Transfer to New Delhi Visa Office
This File Transfer IS AOR2 ???

Reactions: Lia77 and faithey

balkan17

Sep 5, 2017
Application sent = 28-Aug
AOR-1 = 10-Oct
Sponsor Approved or Sponsorship Eligibility Decision = 12-Oct
Medical Request = Requested - 11-Oct, Done =17-Oct = Passed Last Week
Schedule-A requested , Photos Requested and Birth Certificate = Requested =17-OCT , Submitted = 10-Nov-2017

Received Email on 21-NOV-2017 stating File Transfer to New Delhi Visa Office
This File Transfer IS AOR2 ???
When ECAS shows you We started your application on.....Then AOR 2

veronicar

Aug 28, 2017

Here's my full timeline:

Thanks!

Hello, I am on the exact same timeline except, what is BCG WSP?

karagreer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
29-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
10-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-09-2018
Question about Medical Exam: Is the 30-day deadline just the required time period to undergo the exam, even if it takes the physician an extra week or two beyond that to submit the form to Canada immigration? Or is the 30-day deadline meant for overall completion of the exam including the completed paperwork and submission to immigration?
My husband (PA) received medical request on Nov. 10, took the medical exam on Dec. 4, just within the 30 day deadline. It was the soonest that he could get an appointment. But now the panel physician is requesting additional medical information, like specific notes from my husband's doctor because my husband takes an anti-anxiety medication, and a mere copy of his medical record with prescription info wasn't good enough. So now we're delayed a bit because we've been trying to get a hold of my husband's regular doctor to send in the required additional info to the panel physician. This will now exceed the 30-day deadline. I plan to scan and upload a copy of the exam receipt to the IRCC webform for proof that the exam was taken within 30 days just in case. But will they count this as past the deadline now? Thanks!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Question about Medical Exam: Is the 30-day deadline just the required time period to undergo the exam, even if it takes the physician an extra week or two beyond that to submit the form to Canada immigration? Or is the 30-day deadline meant for overall completion of the exam including the completed paperwork and submission to immigration?
My husband (PA) received medical request on Nov. 10, took the medical exam on Dec. 4, just within the 30 day deadline. It was the soonest that he could get an appointment. But now the panel physician is requesting additional medical information, like specific notes from my husband's doctor because my husband takes an anti-anxiety medication, and a mere copy of his medical record with prescription info wasn't good enough. So now we're delayed a bit because we've been trying to get a hold of my husband's regular doctor to send in the required additional info to the panel physician. This will now exceed the 30-day deadline. I plan to scan and upload a copy of the exam receipt to the IRCC webform for proof that the exam was taken within 30 days just in case. But will they count this as past the deadline now? Thanks!
If you did it within the 30 days your fine, upload as you stated. No worries.

Reactions: karagreer

kpcd2017

Aug 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
App. Filed.......
08-08-2017
AOR Received.
09-21-2017
Interview........
04-18-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-18-2018
LANDED..........
04-21-2018
Hey guys! August 8th applicant, just noticed today when logging in to GCKey that they are now processing our background check (not sure exact date this changed, but it was within the last couple days) . Also our application is being processed in Mississauga.

faithey

Jan 12, 2012
Hey guys! August 8th applicant, just noticed today when logging in to GCKey that they are now processing our background check (not sure exact date this changed, but it was within the last couple days) . Also our application is being processed in Mississauga.
Happy for you! It feels good to see progress!