+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****AUGUST 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Safa.Moreira

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
When they did your file transfer? And what’s our LVO?
Sorry for late response, I just noticed your question. My ECAS showed 'in process' on Nov 8, 'we started processing your application on Nov 27'. Still didn't receive AOR2. My visa office is Warsaw, Poland

Safa.Moreira

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
It means that your local VO received PA's application. If they have really opened your case at least once - nobody knows. You can order GCM notes to find out that http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
Christina, thank you, but do you think it's harmful for our process to order these notes or it's all fine. I'm asking because I've heard people saying something like it's better not to bother them with notes,but not sure how true it is.

karagreer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
29-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
10-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-09-2018
Hello friends, Need advice, GCkey status is showing the background check is not application, and in final decision its showing your application is in progress. We will send you message once the final decision has been made. In the ECAS its still showing, in process, the visa office is New Delhi, any idea why in background check its says N/A. Thanks
My husband's (Principle Applicant) GCkey said the same thing for a little while and then the status under Background Check changed from "Not applicable" to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." I was confused too so I looked it up on another forum thread and apparently it was normal for it to say "Not applicable" until they updated it with the next step. I wouldn't worry.

Reactions: balkan17

Safa.Moreira

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
hi, you apply for Quebec after you receive Sponsor approve letter?I received SA, not yet mail tranfer, I don't know Can I apply for Quebec?
you cannot yet apply for Quebec, until the moment you get transfer letter,it will contain information with invitation to apply for CSQ. We applied just with sponsor letter and Quebec returned our docs, now we got transfer letter and applied again on Nov 24. Waiting

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Christina, thank you, but do you think it's harmful for our process to order these notes or it's all fine. I'm asking because I've heard people saying something like it's better not to bother them with notes,but not sure how true it is.
I think at this point its far too early to get any information in your notes. Ordering notes do not have any affect on your application. Its better to wait a couple months after transfer (2-3 months) at least to order them so that you see what is happening and what thr initial review says, etc. Give it some time but no it does not affect app negatively

Reactions: betterthanyoko

betterthanyoko

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Ireland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2017
I think at this point its far too early to get any information in your notes. Ordering notes do not have any affect on your application. Its better to wait a couple months after transfer (2-3 months) at least to order them so that you see what is happening and what thr initial review says, etc. Give it some time but no it does not affect app negatively
i think the negative effects are that you pile more work on the offices to sort out the sending of notes rather than doing the work they actually need to do which is process the applications. i believe a bit of patience does a world of good. we all need to realize that they are working hard to process spousal PR applications within 12 months and seem to be sticking to it and under in most cases so far this year. leave them to do the work and only use thiese requests when absolutely necessary, IMO :)

Safa.Moreira

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
i think the negative effects are that you pile more work on the offices to sort out the sending of notes rather than doing the work they actually need to do which is process the applications. i believe a bit of patience does a world of good. we all need to realize that they are working hard to process spousal PR applications within 12 months and seem to be sticking to it and under in most cases so far this year. leave them to do the work and only use thiese requests when absolutely necessary, IMO :)

It makes a lot of sense, definitely going to order them only in extreme case. Thanks

Canadianavisa2017

Star Member
Jul 28, 2017
hello friends, we receive an email on November 21 that my spouse file has been transferred to New Delhi, now today when I check the Ecas,it says that your process started on December 1, 2017, what does it mean?

zizaheer

Aug 8, 2014
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
05-Mar-2015
Nomination.....
17-Dec-2014 (PER)
AOR Received.
28-Jan-2015 (AOR)
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Not yet
Med's Request
26-May-2016
Med's Done....
31-May-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
13-Jun-2016
VISA ISSUED...
June 2016
LANDED..........
October 2016, InshaAllah
Friends, I am sponsoring my wife. File is under processing. During this period we are blessed with a baby. She had a MR just 4 days before the delivery date. Doctor didn't complete all the tests since delivery date was so close. Could you please help me how to add my child with the ongoing application? What are the forms and procedures?

ambun27

May 29, 2017
Hi everyone! I've been reading along but have yet to post.

I'm the PA and just checked GCKey today (been checking every day or so) and noticed that the Background check has changed to "We started processing your background check". Seems like that's a good step! However, the ECAS status hasn't changed to "In Process" yet.

Is this normal? Should we be expecting DM next or is there a while yet and we're waiting to see ECAS IP next? From what I've been reading, some things can come in different stages for different people but I can't tell about this step.

Here's my full timeline:
- (Application originally sent in May but returned due to one missing line on Sponsor's Notice of Assessment)
- Application (Re)Received: 8/1
- AOR 1: 9/8
- SA: 9/15
- AOR 2: 10/13 (we got a letter that our app was staying in Missisauga, so I think that was AOR2)
- BCG WSP: 12/5

Thanks!