+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AUGUST 2016 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

CraigNicole

Jun 12, 2015
mad_hatter said:
We have been married for 14 years, surely that is enough.
I've sent off my application last week and have recently found this forum. I hope that my "trim" package is enough too. I've seen some of the examples on here of some very comprehensive applications which is starting to worry me about mine. I have submitted 12 photos and that's about it! If the form asked about our relationship over the years I also wrote about it but in a summarized way. I was assuming that 20 years of marriage and 3 kids would be enough.

Should I be worried??

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
If your case is very straightforward no red flag at all, that prob good enough.
My husband and I still waiting to get a notarized declaration of severance of common law and letter from his family to support our relationship is genuine. We got married last Jan of this year.
In our case we have lots of red flag that's why we will submit a bulky application prob weight around 3kg tons of msg, photos, remittances etc.

Best of luck to all of us :)

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Alidykeman said:
If your case is very straightforward no red flag at all, that prob good enough.
My husband and I still waiting to get a notarized declaration of severance of common law and letter from his family to support our relationship is genuine. We got married last Jan of this year.
In our case we have lots of red flag that's why we will submit a bulky application prob weight around 3kg tons of msg, photos, remittances etc.

Best of luck to all of us :)
My ex and I submitted the declaration, but we didn't bother notarizing it. Luckily we are still on friendly terms so I had no issues getting her to sign it and she even wrote a letter of support for my wife and I.

My application was big as well. It was over 5kg and we have submitted more evidence twice since we filed it.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
CraigNicole said:
I've sent off my application last week and have recently found this forum. I hope that my "trim" package is enough too. I've seen some of the examples on here of some very comprehensive applications which is starting to worry me about mine. I have submitted 12 photos and that's about it! If the form asked about our relationship over the years I also wrote about it but in a summarized way. I was assuming that 20 years of marriage and 3 kids would be enough.

Should I be worried??
I'm not saying you should be worried, but I would have submitted a bit more if I was you. Like joint ownership of property or joint bank etc.

But I agree with the above that if your relationship has no red flags the burden of proof is much lower.

My wife and I had several what can be considered flags, I met her a month after previous common law relationship ended, her family is muslim - mines non religious, I converted to marry her, 9 year age gap where she's early 20's, and we married on second visit. So I threw the book at them with the proofs.

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
ImABule said:
My ex and I submitted the declaration, but we didn't bother notarizing it. Luckily we are still on friendly terms so I had no issues getting her to sign it and she even wrote a letter of support for my wife and I.

My application was big as well. It was over 5kg and we have submitted more evidence twice since we filed it.
Really, thought it has to be notorized.He still need to set appointment to get it done. My husband x would prob just ignore if ask to sign.

When I sent all papers to my husband last month it's already around 2.59kg aside from papers gave him before. I told my husband to sort some msg and only include few msg per month.

By the way, when my husband received his option c last week , looks almost the same with his 2015 tax assessment the only thing I noticed option c is more detail and has status stated there but told him to submit both even he said doesn't make sense at all coz for him it just the same. But it's better to include both?

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
ImABule said:
I'm not saying you should be worried, but I would have submitted a bit more if I was you. Like joint ownership of property or joint bank etc.

But I agree with the above that if your relationship has no red flags the burden of proof is much lower.

My wife and I had several what can be considered flags, I met her a month after previous common law relationship ended, her family is muslim - mines non religious, I converted to marry her, 9 year age gap where she's early 20's, and we married on second visit. So I threw the book at them with the proofs.
almost have same case. I'm a Muslim , We didn't have like traditional Muslim , coz my husband his atheist don't want him convert unless he's willing to, what's important we do have respect each other belief tho , So we had civil wedding with none from both family was there.cant afford besides we don't need parent consent ;D married second visit I was 27 by then and And with 25 years age gap.
so prob at least they ask for interview before judging to much in our case (refused)Coz if they say it's marriage for convenience , it's not convenient at all being miles apart with ur husband and We can't do anything about it . I Can't visit him there need ***visa to expensive for my husband to visit me here coz he's saving money. Bit useless once I get there he's already broke after making many trip to visit me here. :(

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Alidykeman said:
Really, thought it has to be notorized.He still need to set appointment to get it done. My husband x would prob just ignore if ask to sign.

When I sent all papers to my husband last month it's already around 2.59kg aside from papers gave him before. I told my husband to sort some msg and only include few msg per month.

By the way, when my husband received his option c last week , looks almost the same with his 2015 tax assessment the only thing I noticed option c is more detail and has status stated there but told him to submit both even he said doesn't make sense at all coz for him it just the same. But it's better to include both?
The statutory declaration of common law relationship needs to be notarized, the declaration of severance doesn't specify it needs to be. I just wrote it up to in a legal format type and my ex and I both signed it.

It's the NOA that is required, there's no harm in sending both though.

We sent a few convos from whatsapp per month and extracted them to email and pasted them in word and then we also took screenshots of conversation in the app to show we weren't just typing up fake convos. I also included roughly 80 pages of screenshots of whatsapp and messenger calls and screenshots of video calls.

The list of things we included is ridiculous. Lol.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Alidykeman said:
almost have same case. I'm a Muslim , We didn't have like traditional Muslim , coz my husband his atheist don't want him convert unless he's willing to, what's important we do have respect each other belief tho , So we had civil wedding with none from both family was there.cant afford besides we don't need parent consent ;D married second visit I was 27 by then and And with 25 years age gap.
so prob at least they ask for interview before judging to much in our case (refused)Coz if they say it's marriage for convenience , it's not convenient at all being miles apart with ur husband and We can't do anything about it . I Can't visit him there need ***visa to expensive for my husband to visit me here coz he's saving money. Bit useless once I get there he's already broke after making many trip to visit me here. :(
In Indonesia there is no such thing as civil marriage, interfaith marriage is illegal. Instead of marrying abroad I decided to convert and the religious office wouldn't accept me as Muslim unless I also got snipped lol so I had that done in an Indonesian village. So we spun it in our favour and explained that I did that opposed to marrying abroad so her family would approve and attend our wedding.

I know what you mean with the expense of visits, I've gone to Indonesia 3x in the last 14 months and will go again soon. I've been working 80 hours a week for a year now to be able to travel to see my wife, while supporting her and my daughter financially, as well as pay debts and support myself.. it's not easy.

Just make sure you address all the flags head on in your application and explain them well.

akn2016

Star Member
Jun 19, 2016
bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2016
AOR Received.
02-09-2016, SA 10-09-2016 aor-2 15-09-2016
File Transfer...
13-09-2016 APPLIED CSQ 20-09-2016
Med's Done....
21-06-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
17-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2017
hello , august applicants ! i was sponsoring my husband from bangladesh. my sponsorship package was delivered to cpc-m through fed-ex courier last thursday.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
akn2016 said:
hello , august applicants ! i was sponsoring my husband from bangladesh. my sponsorship package was delivered to cpc-m through fed-ex courier last thursday.
Hi

You should also join us on the Singapore thread

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/singapore-timeline-t28993.12360.html

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
ImABule said:
The statutory declaration of common law relationship needs to be notarized, the declaration of severance doesn't specify it needs to be. I just wrote it up to in a legal format type and my ex and I both signed it.

It's the NOA that is required, there's no harm in sending both though.

We sent a few convos from whatsapp per month and extracted them to email and pasted them in word and then we also took screenshots of conversation in the app to show we weren't just typing up fake convos. I also included roughly 80 pages of screenshots of whatsapp and messenger calls and screenshots of video calls.

The list of things we included is ridiculous. Lol.
on that country specific guidelines has to be certified copy. that would prob be notarized.

ya, we will just submit both. but i noticed his status as single and my husband told me coz its for 2015 tax and we married 2016.

I printed out screenshots of our convo's from facebook msg, imessages and facetime. i also include facetime with his mom and his son.
other proof we have like my life insurance which my husband as primarily beneficiary, health card.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Alidykeman said:
on that country specific guidelines has to be certified copy. that would prob be notarized.

ya, we will just submit both. but i noticed his status as single and my husband told me coz its for 2015 tax and we married 2016.

I printed out screenshots of our convo's from facebook msg, imessages and facetime. i also include facetime with his mom and his son.
other proof we have like my life insurance which my husband as primarily beneficiary, health card.
Yes mine said single as well because it was from 2014. What I did was capture a screenshot of my online CRA account showing my marital status as married and my wife's name. If your husband has updated CRA with his status he could do the same.

We also included screenshots of my wife talking to my mom and my daughter, I added her to my credit cards, we sent pics of postcards that we had sent each other and my friends and family from both of us in Indonesia, we had several letters of support from both sides of family, my ex, and a mutual friend, western union reciepts from money I send her every two weeks, boarding passes and passport stamps, receipts from wedding expenses, hotels, restaurants and tourist activities, written statements by both of us, pics of visits, vacation, honeymoon, and wedding, pics of gifts she sent my daughter, and statement addressing red flags.

We also included about 40 pages of public interaction on Facebook showing friends and family liking and commenting on our posts as well as relationship statuses to show our marriage is public knowledge and everyone in our lives knows about it.

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
ImABule said:
In Indonesia there is no such thing as civil marriage, interfaith marriage is illegal. Instead of marrying abroad I decided to convert and the religious office wouldn't accept me as Muslim unless I also got snipped lol so I had that done in an Indonesian village. So we spun it in our favour and explained that I did that opposed to marrying abroad so her family would approve and attend our wedding.

I know what you mean with the expense of visits, I've gone to Indonesia 3x in the last 14 months and will go again soon. I've been working 80 hours a week for a year now to be able to travel to see my wife, while supporting her and my daughter financially, as well as pay debts and support myself.. it's not easy.

Just make sure you address all the flags head on in your application and explain them well.
Good thing we have civil marriage here in the philippines although we got married in Hong Kong but we did report our marriage.
Ya, aside from expensive visits and long hours flight still good to be with your love one. :)
Thanks we also mentioned in our personal letter about our differences ,despite of it we rather have each other . our love story how we fell in love lol

Alidykeman

Star Member
Feb 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
22-7-2016 upfront
ImABule said:
Yes mine said single as well because it was from 2014. What I did was capture a screenshot of my online CRA account showing my marital status as married and my wife's name. If your husband has updated CRA with his status he could do the same.

We also included screenshots of my wife talking to my mom and my daughter, I added her to my credit cards, we sent pics of postcards that we had sent each other and my friends and family from both of us in Indonesia, we had several letters of support from both sides of family, my ex, and a mutual friend, western union reciepts from money I send her every two weeks, boarding passes and passport stamps, receipts from wedding expenses, hotels, restaurants and tourist activities, written statements by both of us, pics of visits, vacation, honeymoon, and wedding, pics of gifts she sent my daughter, and statement addressing red flags.

We also included about 40 pages of public interaction on Facebook showing friends and family liking and commenting on our posts as well as relationship statuses to show our marriage is public knowledge and everyone in our lives knows about it.
Oh my husband doesn't have online CRA account. he only asked somebody to do his tax. thats why he always said once i get there i will be in charge when it comes to paper works. but is that ok, or should i ask my husband to make account online so he can update status?

i see with all your quality proof of relationship. i think you be fine.

Fatima786

Aug 14, 2016
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/8/2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 23-09-2016 , Aor2 26-10-2016
File Transfer...
17-10-2016
Med's Done....
25/7/2016 upfront
Interview........
Not Needed Dm on 31st march
Hi Everyone.

I am applying for family class sponsorship in august last week.
please help me abt how to organise photos as proof. how many photos should i select for application and how to send so many photos as i have seen others they are sending upto 300 or 400 photos. i am shocked how to send so many pics. please guide me.
thank you in advance.