AOR Received.
23-Aug-2016 ~ AOR1 : 1-Sept-2016 AOR2
File Transfer...
1-Sept-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-July-2016
Today we received a message in MyCIC requesting my CSQ approval letter as follows:

"Dear JC,
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to
continue the processing of your application, the following information and documents are
required:
XXXXXX - JC:
> CSQ: Certificat de sélection du Québec from the ministère de
l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles This must be received at this office by:
2016/11/17

The above information/documents must be received by the date as indicated for each item
above. If you fail to comply with this requirement, a decision concerning your application will be
made based upon the information already submitted with this application.
Please use only one method of submission as outlined below. We do not accept in-person
submission of requested documents at the Consulate.

If you already have an online account:
Please upload and submit all the requested documentation via your online account; note that
once the due date has passed, you will no longer be able to upload the requested
documentation."

So, first of all ours was sent overnight via Fed-Ex on September 14th, and the charge came off my Visa on Sept 22nd. Since then there has been only silence (from MIDI, the VO, and CIC). The timeline for getting the CSQ is generally is a month, or so I've heard. And with a return address in China I worry about the time it will take for the snail mail to get this far. I purposely added an extra page in the application to give them the address in Chinese characters to avoid potential problems.

There are incredibly mixed comments on whether we must send the CSQ into the VO or if it will be sent in for us.
Also people seem to state that they require the original, but here they offer the option of sending it electronically so I wonder if that is valid or just a carry-over from other generic messages.
But as things progress I'll keep you all updated.
How many people here are applying for Quebec and awaiting their CSQ through MIDI? How is it going for you?

markodrca

Apr 20, 2016
Grizzlyman said:
Today we received a message in MyCIC requesting my CSQ approval letter as follows:

"Dear JC,
This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to
continue the processing of your application, the following information and documents are
required:
XXXXXX - JC:
l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles This must be received at this office by:
2016/11/17

The above information/documents must be received by the date as indicated for each item
above. If you fail to comply with this requirement, a decision concerning your application will be
Please use only one method of submission as outlined below. We do not accept in-person

Please upload and submit all the requested documentation via your online account; note that
once the due date has passed, you will no longer be able to upload the requested
documentation."

So, first of all ours was sent overnight via Fed-Ex on September 14th, and the charge came off my Visa on Sept 22nd. Since then there has been only silence (from MIDI, the VO, and CIC). The timeline for getting the CSQ is generally is a month, or so I've heard. And with a return address in China I worry about the time it will take for the snail mail to get this far. I purposely added an extra page in the application to give them the address in Chinese characters to avoid potential problems.

There are incredibly mixed comments on whether we must send the CSQ into the VO or if it will be sent in for us.
Also people seem to state that they require the original, but here they offer the option of sending it electronically so I wonder if that is valid or just a carry-over from other generic messages.
How many people here are applying for Quebec and awaiting their CSQ through MIDI? How is it going for you?
Hi Grizzly !
Me too I'm immigrating to Quebec.
Our papers were received by MIDI round ten days ago.
My visa office is Vienna (Austria). Haven't had news from either since then.
I'll keep you updated on any progress!
Cheers :)
Best of luck to everyone!

Son-of-A-Gun

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Grizzlyman said:

"Dear JC,
required:
XXXXXX - JC:
2016/11/17

once the due date has passed, you will no longer be able to upload the requested documentation."

Hi to all immigrating to Quebec! I am as well (not immigrating per se but sponsoring my non-Canadian (yet) wife and we'll all be coming back to Quebec).
We didn't send our CSQ request yet as we're still waiting for our SA. But I'm familiar with the process.

• First, the delay: actually it takes an average of two (2) months for MIDI to send a CSQ, not one. And CIC and your VO know this as well (it is clearly stated in MIDI's website: it was 25 days originally, but now, it's 50 because of a work overload):

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/informations/delai-parrainage.html
  • Second, since all regional VOs know that it takes longer to get a CSQ you only have to inform them (by email) and let thet them know you're still waiting for it. You won't be penalized.
  • Finally, MIDI sends a copy of your CSQ to your VO. But even if, it is STRONGLY recommended that you send a copy to your VO. Unfortunately, MICC is supposed to send the CSQ directly to CIC, but sometimes this gets botched, like other aspects of the SA and PR application processes, and you're provided a copy of the CSQ that you can forward to CIC."

So in substance, many of us strongly believe that delays can be avoided by being proactive and just sending this document before it is even requested, if at all.

Finally, the letter from MICC when the CSQ is issued should state something quite similar to the following:

"We are pleased to inform you that your application has been approved. Please find herewith a copy of the approved undertaking, and the Quebec selection certificate(s). Copy 1 is for the sponsored person(s). Copy 3 is for Immigration Canada (should they require it). Both copies must be forwarded to APPLICANT's NAME. We will also transmit the relevant information of the issuance of the CSQ(s) to the Canadian visa office that is processing the file."

Hope it helps. (and sorry for the strong French-Canadian accent :D)

Grizzlyman

Star Member
May 8, 2016
Hangzhou, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-Aug-2016
AOR Received.
23-Aug-2016 ~ AOR1 : 1-Sept-2016 AOR2
File Transfer...
1-Sept-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-July-2016
Son-of-A-Gun said:
Hi to all immigrating to Quebec! I am as well (not immigrating per se but sponsoring my non-Canadian (yet) wife and we'll all be coming back to Quebec).
We didn't send our CSQ request yet as we're still waiting for our SA. But I'm familiar with the process.

• First, the delay: actually it takes an average of two (2) months for MIDI to send a CSQ, not one. And CIC and your VO know this as well (it is clearly stated in MIDI's website: it was 25 days originally, but now, it's 50 because of a work overload):

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/informations/delai-parrainage.html
  • Second, since all regional VOs know that it takes longer to get a CSQ you only have to inform them (by email) and let thet them know you're still waiting for it. You won't be penalized.
  • Finally, MIDI sends a copy of your CSQ to your VO. But even if, it is STRONGLY recommended that you send a copy to your VO. Unfortunately, MICC is supposed to send the CSQ directly to CIC, but sometimes this gets botched, like other aspects of the SA and PR application processes, and you're provided a copy of the CSQ that you can forward to CIC."

So in substance, many of us strongly believe that delays can be avoided by being proactive and just sending this document before it is even requested, if at all.

Finally, the letter from MICC when the CSQ is issued should state something quite similar to the following:

"We are pleased to inform you that your application has been approved. Please find herewith a copy of the approved undertaking, and the Quebec selection certificate(s). Copy 1 is for the sponsored person(s). Copy 3 is for Immigration Canada (should they require it). Both copies must be forwarded to APPLICANT's NAME. We will also transmit the relevant information of the issuance of the CSQ(s) to the Canadian visa office that is processing the file."

Hope it helps. (and sorry for the strong French-Canadian accent :D)
Proactive is my middle name. Thanks for the insight! :)

melodeegg

Oct 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
19-09-2016
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
HI!

I'm having a hard time linking my application in this process. I already signed up. I stopped in step #7. The page did not direct me to any next step that leads the option of "link an existing application to this account."

After signing in, the CIC website opens up. is that correct? How can i possibly link my application? Please help.

I really need to see the update on my application. Thank you very much!!! :)

Son-of-A-Gun

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
melodeegg said:
HI!

I'm having a hard time linking my application in this process. I already signed up. I stopped in step #7. The page did not direct me to any next step that leads the option of "link an existing application to this account."

After signing in, the CIC website opens up. is that correct? How can i possibly link my application? Please help.

I really need to see the update on my application. Thank you very much!!! :)
You're supposed to 'land' on this page after you log on your account:
https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/mycic/registerApp?

Maybe you should try on a different browser or at least clean your cache and start all over.

melodeegg

Oct 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
19-09-2016
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Son-of-A-Gun said:
You're supposed to 'land' on this page after you log on your account:

Maybe you should try on a different browser or at least clean your cache and start all over.
Thank you for your reply.
I tried to use other browser and clear cache on the previous browser but same scenario happened.
After signing in and continue buttons, I end up to the cic.gc.ca website again.
I really have no idea what seems to be the problem in connecting on the link you gave me. But I tried to click on it and it says there

You are not signed in
Error 403
Your login session is either invalid or has expired

Hope you can help me with this. Thank you!

Son-of-A-Gun

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
melodeegg said:
I tried to use other browser and clear cache on the previous browser but same scenario happened.
I really have no idea what seems to be the problem in connecting on the link you gave me. But I tried to click on it and it says there

You are not signed in
Error 403

Are you able to access ECAS? Here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp

Son-of-A-Gun

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
melodeegg said:

You are not signed in
Error 403

Definitely not your fault. I've been having an Error 403 or 503 or "The connection was reset" or " System error - We are experiencing technical difficulties." with bot ECAS and MYCIC for more than 2 hours now.

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
yes its down

Son-of-A-Gun said:
Definitely not your fault. I've been having an Error 403 or 503 or "The connection was reset" or " System error - We are experiencing technical difficulties." with bot ECAS and MYCIC for more than 2 hours now.

minicamp

Sep 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-16
AOR Received.
24-09-16
File Transfer...
27-09-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Not to get too ahead of myself, but how does the "landing" process work if you're already in Canada? I've read things that said you have to make appointments and wait a month or two, and other things that said you can just go to the airport. Also read some saying "just cross the border and come right back" that won't work for me. Would like to have everything ready.

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
Seems CIC website is Down since morning

Son-of-A-Gun

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
CIC has been down almost all afternoon (for me). Just was able to access MyCIC and it shows: "Review of eligibility: Review in Progress"!!!

Man I don't believe my eyes! Is that a technical glitch? ECAS doesn't show anything new. Your thoughts anyone?

aylar10

Jun 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
File Transfer...
27-09-2016 (SA)
Med's Done....
30-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
10-11-2016
Son-of-A-Gun said:
CIC has been down almost all afternoon (for me). Just was able to access MyCIC and it shows: "Review of eligibility: Review in Progress"!!!

Man I don't believe my eyes! Is that a technical glitch? ECAS doesn't show anything new. Your thoughts anyone?
I got my SA one day after the review of eligibility showed that it was in progress. Your wait is almost over. You'll get your SA soon :)

Son-of-A-Gun

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
aylar10 said:
I got my SA one day after the review of eligibility showed that it was in progress. Your wait is almost over. You'll get your SA soon :)
Thank you!
I've been praying for this moment. I won't tell a word to my wife until I have a formal email. Poor wife, she's been so stressed lately: we have a house to sell and the market has been very slow lately, in addition to a million other things to think about before being able to move back to Canada!

Wishing the best to all of us!