File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - PASSED
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
23/01/2017 Sent: 24/01/2017 via Xpress Post
Sent out photocopies of passport, new photos, and Annex A yesterday afternooon via Canada Post. I certainly hope turn around time is swift as I would ideally like to head to the. Order next week at some point. Good luck to all those in wait. The end is nigh.

Cheers.

I feel a certain closeness to quite a few on here (e.g. Knowledge101, sweethunkUSman...) if you guys were in Alberta I'd suggest we all celebrate over a few pints. Haha I'll be glad when this is over.

richardlin

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aug 14, 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 9, 2016
File Transfer...
Sep 16, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sep 28, 2016 (Passed)
Interview........
No (Jan 11, 2017 Decision Made on ECAS)
Passport Req..
Jan 24, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 1, 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 5, 2017
Stevin said:
Sent out photocopies of passport, new photos, and Annex A yesterday afternooon via Canada Post. I certainly hope turn around time is swift as I would ideally like to head to the. Order next week at some point. Good luck to all those in wait. The end is nigh.

Cheers.

I feel a certain closeness to quite a few on here (e.g. Knowledge101, sweethunkUSman...) if you guys were in Alberta I'd suggest we all celebrate over a few pints. Haha I'll be glad when this is over.
Checked CanadaPost tracking, mine just delivered today, good job Canada post with the two days shipping! Hoping to get it back sometime next week! :D

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
09-12-2016 (Provided 17-12-2016)
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
Stevin said:
Actually I just got an email with instructions that read:

If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.

And...

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

1. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3. One pre-paid return envelope so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents. See Step 4 for instructions regarding the return envelope.

So still need send photocopy AND 2 photos?! Then what? Do we have to wait for something after that before we flagpole?
So....here I am again trying to prepare for when my husband gets this e-mail. When they say to send in "any pages containing amendments of the passport" do they mean pages containing things like student/work/travel visas? and/or do they mean stamps of entry into different countries?

Sorry, this seems like such a dumb question so you're more than welcome to laugh at me. Just trying to make sure haha.

knowledge101

Aug 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, 04-08-2016
Interview........
N/A, Background check In-Process: 23-11-2016
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 12-01-2017; PPR Email: 23-01-2017; DM on MyCIC: 06-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR sent: 06-02-2017
LANDED..........
11-02-2017
Joyce_tosf said:
So....here I am again trying to prepare for when my husband gets this e-mail. When they say to send in "any pages containing amendments of the passport" do they mean pages containing things like student/work/travel visas? and/or do they mean stamps of entry into different countries?

Sorry, this seems like such a dumb question so you're more than welcome to laugh at me. Just trying to make sure haha.
I tried googling this and from what I understood they are looking only for the last 3 or so pages of your passport (the ones that say endorsements/amendments, etc). Usually those are only used if you've had a name change or something similar and if its blank you don't need to send those in. I could be wrong but this is the best I could find on the topic. They specifically say in the email "and any pages containing amendments" so if you don't have an amendment then you don't need to send in those blank pages; at least this is how I interpreted it.

Stevin

Feb 18, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - PASSED
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Joyce_tosf said:

Not a dumb question, not at all. Actually, I was not 100% clear on this. We did some travelling this year so I knew that he had a few stamps, as well as a visitor visa page stapled to the inside of his passport so i just photocopied every page with a stamp, the picture page, as well as the visitor record page. Literally copied everything. I just figured that they could weed out what was not necessary. Better safe than sorry, if you ask me!

knowledge101

Aug 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, 04-08-2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11-02-2017
Stevin said:
Not a dumb question, not at all. Actually, I was not 100% clear on this. We did some travelling this year so I knew that he had a few stamps, as well as a visitor visa page stapled to the inside of his passport so i just photocopied every page with a stamp, the picture page, as well as the visitor record page. Literally copied everything. I just figured that they could weed out what was not necessary. Better safe than sorry, if you ask me!
You're right that's the "safest" strategy but I'm 99% sure they only care about the "amendments" pages (the last 3 of your passport).

knowledge101

Aug 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, 04-08-2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11-02-2017
Here is some info on what an amendment page is:

http://www.uspassporthelpguide.com/us-passport-visa-pages-vs-endorsement-pages/

"Of particular importance is the difference between the Visa and the endorsement pages.

The endorsement pages are not a separate entity from the passport itself – they are normally located within the passport, typically towards the back of all included materials. One example of using the endorsement pages, would be for housing a certification of non-citizenship nationality or some other type of classification.

If you were a United States national and not a United States citizen, for example, that information may be contained on the endorsement page for the purposes of travel. The endorsement pages are not to be used for entry and exit stamp information when traveling to and from various countries around the world. There are dedicated pages within the passport itself that are designed to be used for those purposes."

And:

http://www.visalady.com/passport-amendment.html

http://www.travelvisapro.com/blog/what-are-those-amendment-pages-in-the-back-of-my-passport/

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
09-12-2016 (Provided 17-12-2016)
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
knowledge101 said:
Here is some info on what an amendment page is:

http://www.uspassporthelpguide.com/us-passport-visa-pages-vs-endorsement-pages/

"Of particular importance is the difference between the Visa and the endorsement pages.

The endorsement pages are not a separate entity from the passport itself – they are normally located within the passport, typically towards the back of all included materials. One example of using the endorsement pages, would be for housing a certification of non-citizenship nationality or some other type of classification.

If you were a United States national and not a United States citizen, for example, that information may be contained on the endorsement page for the purposes of travel. The endorsement pages are not to be used for entry and exit stamp information when traveling to and from various countries around the world. There are dedicated pages within the passport itself that are designed to be used for those purposes."

And:

http://www.visalady.com/passport-amendment.html

http://www.travelvisapro.com/blog/what-are-those-amendment-pages-in-the-back-of-my-passport/
Wow, thanks for this!

Stevin said:
Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one not really clear on this. This is definitely something I would do. It definitely is the safer option.

Ashkan.A

Sep 9, 2016
Ashkan.A said:
Dear All

I would like to share my happiness with you guys

I Am September Applicant and here is my time line

We received your application for permanent residence on September 8, 2016.
We started processing your application on October 26, 2016.

and today I can see DECISION MADE in my Application , no ppr Email yet

me and My wife are both from Iran , she is living in Vancouver and our Visa office was Ankara

Wishing you all lots of luck

Ashkan

Got my PPR email just now , wishing you all luck and happiness
VO Ankara

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
Stevin said:
I'm up for that! I live in Lethbridge...

Stevin

Feb 18, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - PASSED
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Omegabyte said:
I'm up for that! I live in Lethbridge...

Yaaaaaay! Afterall, we deserve it! Any other Albertan's that wanna join in? :p

sayntdownfall

Dec 13, 2016
Michigan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
25-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, Passed
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2017
Ill be ending up in Calgary, AB

claudi12

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
Hi all
I just received an interview letter for the 23rd of Feb., my ticket is booked for two days later to go and visit my husband in Canada and we just order a new GMCS note on the 24th which we will receive too late to prepare accordingly. What are the recommendations here and which questions can I expect to get? All input will be much appreciated. I could see this coming consider my travel history and countries of residential. I'd like to prepare as much as I can to ease my nerves. Thanks again. Cheers

jeffporfirio1

Dec 21, 2016
Sask
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
claudi12 said:
Hi all
I just received an interview letter for the 23rd of Feb., my ticket is booked for two days later to go and visit my husband in Canada and we just order a new GMCS note on the 24th which we will receive too late to prepare accordingly. What are the recommendations here and which questions can I expect to get? All input will be much appreciated. I could see this coming consider my travel history and countries of residential. I'd like to prepare as much as I can to ease my nerves. Thanks again. Cheers
As I expressed before to you.
Just be honest, try to lie as little as possible.
Follow old Russian adage "what they don't know, won't hurt them" , and you will be fine.
Good Luck

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
jeffporfirio1 said:
As I expressed before to you.
Just be honest, try to lie as little as possible.
Follow old Russian adage "what they don't know, won't hurt them" , and you will be fine.
Good Luck
This quite possibly might be some of the worst advice I've seen given to someone who's facing an interview. Obviously the person should be honest, but that doesn't mean that preparing for what you're going to be facing isn't smart. I would want to know what kind of questions to expect, too.

claudi12 said:
Hi all
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-interview-questions-t157678.0.html

Those are some of the possible questions that could come up. There may be more, but that's what jumped to mind initially.