N/A, Background check In-Process: 23-11-2016
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS: 12-01-2017; PPR Email: 23-01-2017; DM on MyCIC: 06-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
COPR sent: 06-02-2017
LANDED..........
11-02-2017
sweethunkUSman said:
well said and i'm in perfect agreement, the lag on the usability of govt internet resources is so backwards, as it would save tax payers so much money to get with the times!

Re: timing. The two September apps approved in early December 2016 took 3 weeks to receive COPRs from Ottawa (they were both US outland apps)
Good to know! Hoping for the best! Also hoping the "new year new quota" thing continues in our favor!

Stevin

Feb 18, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - PASSED
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
23/01/2017 Sent: 24/01/2017 via Xpress Post
knowledge101 said:
Good to know! Hoping for the best! Also hoping the "new year new quota" thing continues in our favor!
Haha Just when we thought our days of consistently checking of CIC was over....LOL "PSYCH!"

knowledge101

Aug 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, 04-08-2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11-02-2017
Stevin said:
Haha Just when we thought our days of consistently checking of CIC was over....LOL "PSYCH!"
Yeah it really won't end until you get that letter in your hand :p

Bcboundboy

Aug 16, 2016
danawhitaker said:
It's not like not calling the call center makes the officers at the VO work faster. Those are separate entities.
That's why I didn't say 'free up the call centre workers to work on the files'. Resourcing a call centre still takes resources away from CIC, even if it's not the same specific people. Unnecessary calls are a drain on CIC, and take up money that could be spent on case officers to process everyone's files quicker.

knowledge101 said:
I'm not calling unnecessarily. Some people call every day/week when no progress is made on their case. That's unnecessary calling. I'm calling in regards to a status change that did not provide me any details. "Decision Made" is a fairly vague status message and doesn't let you know anything. Plus, the people answering the phone are not processing our apps. They are front-line for people with case issues.
...It figuratively tells you "Decision made". Right there in the status change. A decision has been made. You have a new status. Decision is made. You filed in August, and a decision has been made on your file. Calling because you can't wait (at most) a couple of weeks (in many cases, mere days) to find out what that decision is - when you'll probably already know if your case was having problems, and if no complaint had already been made by them, you can be 99% sure it was positive - is the very definition of unnecessary calling.

Stevin

Feb 18, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - PASSED
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Bcboundboy said:
That's why I didn't say 'free up the call centre workers to work on the files'. Resourcing a call centre still takes resources away from CIC, even if it's not the same specific people. Unnecessary calls are a drain on CIC, and take up money that could be spent on case officers to process everyone's files quicker.

...It figuratively tells you "Decision made". Right there in the status change. A decision has been made. You have a new status. Decision is made. You filed in August, and a decision has been made on your file. Calling because you can't wait (at most) a couple of weeks (in many cases, mere days) to find out what that decision is - when you'll probably already know if your case was having problems, and if no complaint had already been made by them, you can be 99% sure it was positive - is the very definition of unnecessary calling.
When I read this I read it in Jerry Seinfeld's voice. Lol. "What's the deal with unnecessary calls...?"

Lol lol.

knowledge101

Aug 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2016
AOR Received.
11-08-2016
File Transfer...
22-08-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, 04-08-2016
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
11-02-2017
Bcboundboy said:

For some of us we NEED to know what that decision was. I had several issues with my case (being outland and not living in Canada, proving we were "relocating" to Canada is a big question mark and has been a big issue for some people who have gotten refusals because of not providing enough evidence of intention to relocate). I need to quit my job, find a new one, hire a moving company, etc etc. I cannot base any decisions on a few remarks. Those few weeks are valuable weeks of time I can use to prepare for such an event. If CIC can't be competent enough to make their decision made statement a tad bit more descriptive, well then they deserve to lose some resources on the phone calls.

Sorry but I do not need to defend my reasoning for calling.

Joyce_tosf

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
09-12-2016 (Provided 17-12-2016)
AOR Received.
08-09-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront (PASSED)
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2017
knowledge101 said:
For some of us we NEED to know what that decision was. I had several issues with my case (being outland and not living in Canada, proving we were "relocating" to Canada is a big question mark and has been a big issue for some people who have gotten refusals because of not providing enough evidence of intention to relocate). I need to quit my job, find a new one, hire a moving company, etc etc. I cannot base any decisions on a few remarks. Those few weeks are valuable weeks of time I can use to prepare for such an event. If CIC can't be competent enough to make their decision made statement a tad bit more descriptive, well then they deserve to lose some resources on the phone calls.

Sorry but I do not need to defend my reasoning for calling.
I don't think you need to defend your reason for calling either. Glad you got your answers!! :)

Tomorrow is a new day. Hoping for some progress for the rest of us!!

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
Bcboundboy said:

For those of us not already living in Canada, the extra time between seeing that and knowing with certainty can make a big difference. There are things that I will eventually need to do that I can do without having the COPR in hand but that I don't want to start until I know for sure that we have been approved. Finishing up packing, beginning the process of changing my name in the U.S., starting the process of negotiating with my apartment complex's leasing office to try and minimize the cost of breaking my lease by giving them as much time as possible to find a new tenant, starting the transition between schools for my daughter which will be made slightly more complex by the fact she would have started school in Canada a year earlier than she did here, and giving the people who will be helping me move as much notice as possible so we can start looking at potential timelines based on when the COPR might arrive.

CIC is going to maintain a call center, and based on how long it can take people to get through at times, I don't think it's staffed particularly well to begin with. I have my doubts that if fewer calls were going to the call center so that they could slash its budget that that money would instead be allocated to hiring more visa officers. The biggest thing that would help them with slashing the call center budget would be to fix their online systems so that they actually give useful information to the applicant directly.

trikiliki

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/08/2016
AOR Received.
22/09/2016
File Transfer...
22/09/2016
Med's Done....
PASSED UPFRONT
Interview........
RECOMMENDED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
danawhitaker said:
. The biggest thing that would help them with slashing the call center budget would be to fix their online systems so that they actually give useful information to the applicant directly.

ABSOLUTELY!!

mad_hatter

Jul 16, 2016
danawhitaker said:
For those of us not already living in Canada, the extra time between seeing that and knowing with certainty can make a big difference. There are things that I will eventually need to do that I can do without having the COPR in hand but that I don't want to start until I know for sure that we have been approved. Finishing up packing, beginning the process of changing my name in the U.S., starting the process of negotiating with my apartment complex's leasing office to try and minimize the cost of breaking my lease by giving them as much time as possible to find a new tenant, starting the transition between schools for my daughter which will be made slightly more complex by the fact she would have started school in Canada a year earlier than she did here, and giving the people who will be helping me move as much notice as possible so we can start looking at potential timelines based on when the COPR might arrive.

CIC is going to maintain a call center, and based on how long it can take people to get through at times, I don't think it's staffed particularly well to begin with. I have my doubts that if fewer calls were going to the call center so that they could slash its budget that that money would instead be allocated to hiring more visa officers. The biggest thing that would help them with slashing the call center budget would be to fix their online systems so that they actually give useful information to the applicant directly.
You are absolutely right, we plan to relocate to metro Vancouver, however, we do not dare to make any plan, such as selling our house and wind up our affairs in HK. Also, we have found a house in Vancouver we like, but buying it will cost us extra 7.5% sales tax. By the time we have CORP in hand, I am sure the house would be sold.

richardlin

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Aug 14, 2016
AOR Received.
Sep 9, 2016
File Transfer...
Sep 16, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Sep 28, 2016 (Passed)
Interview........
No (Jan 11, 2017 Decision Made on ECAS)
Passport Req..
Jan 24, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 1, 2017
LANDED..........
Feb 5, 2017
Stevin said:
Haha you sure did. When are you planning on flagpolling?
As soon as I got my copr I think. I live in a border town, so I can go across anytime :)

Stevin

Feb 18, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - PASSED
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
richardlin said:
As soon as I got my copr I think. I live in a border town, so I can go across anytime :)
That's convenient. 6 hr drive for me! Wish we could just drive to an airport instead. Haha

Stevin

Feb 18, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - PASSED
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
richardlin said:
So no official letter for you yet?

BCgirl_inNL

Star Member
Aug 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna -> changed to Ottawa!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2016
AOR Received.
23-09-2016
File Transfer...
03-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-06-2016
Yay!! Background check is "in progress"! Finally :D
Now fingers crossed that it doesn't take another two months.... ???

And btw, we pay over a $1000 to file our application and get the permit. I think it's more than fair to expect to be able to call in several times for that amount. And when people like Knowledge101 call in and post their answers here it helps the rest of us too!

Hasan2016

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
BCgirl_inNL said:
Yay!! Background check is "in progress"! Finally :D
Now fingers crossed that it doesn't take another two months.... ???

And btw, we pay over a $1000 to file our application and get the permit. I think it's more than fair to expect to be able to call in several times for that amount. And when people like Knowledge101 call in and post their answers here it helps the rest of us too!
same here , i wondered what is the next step ~!