Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-Aug-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
AOR1-28-Sept-2016,AOR2-20-oct-2016
File Transfer...
SA 7-Oct-2016 (ECAS in process oct 15,'16)/BC in Progress-dec 2 '16, pre-arrival received-dec 16'16
Med's Done....
22th July 2016-upfront(passed)-nov 28
Interview........
Waived :)
Passport Req..
And DM - 12-jan-'17- mycic -closed/approved-18-jan-'17
VISA ISSUED...
19-Jan-17
LANDED..........
28-jan-17 :)
mad_hatter said:
What is a pre-arrival email? What does it say?
Get help before arriving in Canada – Pre-arrival services

You are now eligible to register for pre-arrival services.

On behalf of the Government of Canada, the department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) encourages you to access FREE pre-arrival services offered by third-party service providers funded by IRCC.

We encourage you to visit this link to learn more about the service locations and registration procedures as featured in our Pre-arrival Services website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp

There are free online and in-person services for you and your family. These services are provided to you free of charge by the settlement service providers listed below while you are still overseas. Many service providers offer general information such as:

· understanding life in Canada,

· finding a job in Canada, and

· accessing other free settlement services when you arrive in Canada.

Other settlement service providers offer very specific information. To find the best service providers to fit your needs, explore the list of service providers below and select according to your profession or your destination (city or province). You are allowed to get services from as many different service providers as you need, and always at no cost.

The following organizations offer FREE pre-arrival services in the Philippines:

ü Planning for Canada www.planningforcanada.ca ; https://register.planningforcanada.ca/

ü Multicultural Helping House Society www.pathwaystocanada.helpinghouse.ca

ü Ready for Manitoba https://extended.cc.umanitoba.ca/ready-for-manitoba

Thank you.

Visa Section
Embassy of Canada in the Philippines

That's the email we received today :)

Cheers!

Stevin

Feb 18, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - PASSED
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
23/01/2017 Sent: 24/01/2017 via Xpress Post
Who ever is messing with the spreadsheet - Stop. If you mess it up by accident, just say so. But it is very frustrating to go and check it and see a blank document. I have restored it. Can the creator 'protect' this document?
:mad:

bassix

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2016
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016; 7-12-2016
AOR Received.
AOR 10-09-2016: SA 14-09-2016: AOR2 20-09-2016
File Transfer...
19-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-07-2016 (Passed)
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
16-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017
LANDED..........
24-03-2017
crazy D said:
Get help before arriving in Canada – Pre-arrival services

You are now eligible to register for pre-arrival services.

On behalf of the Government of Canada, the department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) encourages you to access FREE pre-arrival services offered by third-party service providers funded by IRCC.

We encourage you to visit this link to learn more about the service locations and registration procedures as featured in our Pre-arrival Services website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp

There are free online and in-person services for you and your family. These services are provided to you free of charge by the settlement service providers listed below while you are still overseas. Many service providers offer general information such as:

· understanding life in Canada,

· finding a job in Canada, and

· accessing other free settlement services when you arrive in Canada.

Other settlement service providers offer very specific information. To find the best service providers to fit your needs, explore the list of service providers below and select according to your profession or your destination (city or province). You are allowed to get services from as many different service providers as you need, and always at no cost.

The following organizations offer FREE pre-arrival services in the Philippines:

ü Planning for Canada www.planningforcanada.ca ; https://register.planningforcanada.ca/

ü Ready for Manitoba https://extended.cc.umanitoba.ca/ready-for-manitoba

Thank you.

Visa Section
Embassy of Canada in the Philippines

That's the email we received today :)

Cheers!
I got one too. I'm not sure what to think of it?

My status has not been updated in MyCIC and says a background check has not been started.

Very confusing.

bassix

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2016
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016; 7-12-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
19-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-07-2016 (Passed)
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
16-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017
LANDED..........
24-03-2017
bassix said:
I got one too. I'm not sure what to think of it?

My status has not been updated in MyCIC and says a background check has not been started.

Very confusing.
It also says the following:

There are free online and in-person services you and your family can access as soon as you are selected to immigrate to Canada. These services are provided to you free of charge by the settlement service providers listed below while you are still overseas. Many service providers offer general information such as:

•understanding life in Canada,
•finding a job in Canada, and
•accessing other free settlement services when you arrive in Canada.

You can use pre-arrival services online or in-person if:
•you have received a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) letter, OR a notification about a positive eligibility decision on your application from the Department of Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada, and
•you are outside of Canada

bassix

Star Member
May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2016
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016; 7-12-2016
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
19-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-07-2016 (Passed)
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
16-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2017
LANDED..........
24-03-2017
bassix said:
It also says the following:

There are free online and in-person services you and your family can access as soon as you are selected to immigrate to Canada. These services are provided to you free of charge by the settlement service providers listed below while you are still overseas. Many service providers offer general information such as:

•understanding life in Canada,
•finding a job in Canada, and
•accessing other free settlement services when you arrive in Canada.

You can use pre-arrival services online or in-person if:
•you have received a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) letter, OR a notification about a positive eligibility decision on your application from the Department of Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada, and
•you are outside of Canada
Here is a thread on it:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/prearrival-service-before-arriving-canada-t458940.0.html

sayntdownfall

Dec 13, 2016
Michigan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
25-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, Passed
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2017
So here is my timeline:

Sent out App on August 1st
AoR August 3rd
Began Processing August 25th
Sponsorship Approval Sept 1st
Processing My Application September 13th
Medical Results Received

American Husband sponsored by my beautiful Canadian wife. Cannot wait to be in Canada, but it seems Ottawa is a bit behind. Praying for good news for Christmas.

Stevin

Feb 18, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - PASSED
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
sayntdownfall said:
So here is my timeline:

Sent out App on August 1st
AoR August 3rd
Began Processing August 25th
Sponsorship Approval Sept 1st
Processing My Application September 13th
Medical Results Received

American Husband sponsored by my beautiful Canadian wife. Cannot wait to be in Canada, but it seems Ottawa is a bit behind. Praying for good news for Christmas.
We have similar time lines. As of today background check has been in process one month. Really hoping for something before Christmas too. Has your background check began?

sayntdownfall

Dec 13, 2016
Michigan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
25-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, Passed
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2017
I am not sure when I first open MyCIC it shows my wifes side of the box as "Decision Made" and My side as "In Progress" , after I open the underlined "In Progress" it shows three lines :

-We received (name) application for permanent residence on August 3rd, 2016
-We started processing (name) application on September 13th, 2016
-Medical results have been received

How do I determine if the background check has been started?

Stevin

Feb 18, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - PASSED
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
sayntdownfall said:
I am not sure when I first open MyCIC it shows my wifes side of the box as "Decision Made" and My side as "In Progress" , after I open the underlined "In Progress" it shows three lines :

-We received (name) application for permanent residence on August 3rd, 2016
-We started processing (name) application on September 13th, 2016
-Medical results have been received

How do I determine if the background check has been started?
Okay. What you are looking at is ECAS. Go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp
You'll have to create an account. Follow the directions and it will give you a more detailed update. You will have to link your application after setting up an account. Good luck!!

Mrs.Chan

Oct 5, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2016
Doc's Request.
30-12-2016
File Transfer...
15-09-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
04-07-2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
chikagirl said:
Hey Ottawa applications
How long have you guys been in background checks?

Also, CIC Ottawa is requesting that I submit documentation and REPLY to their email, but they never provided an email, I received notification from my GCKEY account. How do I contact the Ottawa office by email?
It's been 2 weeks! But I lived another country for a year so I'm pretty sure it will take some time for me :)

sayntdownfall

Dec 13, 2016
Michigan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
25-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, Passed
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2017
Stevin said:
Okay. What you are looking at is ECAS.
You'll have to create an account. Follow the directions and it will give you a more detailed update. You will have to link your application after setting up an account. Good luck!!
Tried linking my account and am having one hell of a time. I tried my wifes last name , my last name , 1 for the number of applicants for just me, or 2 for my wife and myself anyway I go I am getting the message that the automated service cant find my application :(

Stevin

Feb 18, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - PASSED
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
sayntdownfall said:
Tried linking my account and am having one hell of a time. I tried my wifes last name , my last name , 1 for the number of applicants for just me, or 2 for my wife and myself anyway I go I am getting the message that the automated service cant find my application :(
I feel for you on this one as it seems that EVERYONE has issues with this. There are quite a few threads on here that can help. What worked for me was the application number (begins with an F), My partners last name (his surname is different, and I am sponsoring him), origin (did not use passport number). And as for # of applicants, I used "2". Try it out. Search other threads on here. Even on this thread, the first few pages you will see my posts and what worked for me. I maxed out my allowable tries everyday for quite sometime till I managed to figure it out. Best of luck, it's worth it, you get a more detailed report about what stage you application is in. Cheers.

sayntdownfall

Dec 13, 2016
Michigan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
25-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront, Passed
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
21-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2017
LANDED..........
15-03-2017
Stevin said:
I feel for you on this one as it seems that EVERYONE has issues with this. There are quite a few threads on here that can help. What worked for me was the application number (begins with an F), My partners last name (his surname is different, and I am sponsoring him), origin (did not use passport number). And as for # of applicants, I used "2". Try it out. Search other threads on here. Even on this thread, the first few pages you will see my posts and what worked for me. I maxed out my allowable tries everyday for quite sometime till I managed to figure it out. Best of luck, it's worth it, you get a more detailed report about what stage you application is in. Cheers.
Wow, thank you so so so much!!! I did exactly as you did and it found my application. Weird seeing as the other info I put in was far more specific. According to this my background check is in progress but does not give a date and my review of eligibility is in progress but also does not give a date, but it does say my medicals have passed (whoo!) Thanks for the help Ill keep everything updated from this point, this one is so much better

Stevin

Feb 18, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-08-2016
AOR Received.
31-08-2016
File Transfer...
09-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - PASSED
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
sayntdownfall said:
Wow, thank you so so so much!!! I did exactly as you did and it found my application. Weird seeing as the other info I put in was far more specific. According to this my background check is in progress but does not give a date and my review of eligibility is in progress but also does not give a date, but it does say my medicals have passed (whoo!) Thanks for the help Ill keep everything updated from this point, this one is so much better
Oh yay I am so happy. Your report is exactly like mine. My background check has been in progress for 4 weeks now. I find that a bit disappointing as I was seeing others get PR just a few days after background check was in progress. Really hoping to see something before Xmas. Eeeeeek. All the best, I look forward to your updates. In my signature I have a spreadsheet of all the ppl that applied in Aug. input your info so others can see your progress too! Cheers!