+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
prettymaryk said:
Well, I've just received my oath invitation. I'm too relieved and overwhelmed for words.

My timeline -
Application was received on August 28, 2014
Started processing October 31, 2014
Got an RQ on November 18, 2014
Sent in my RQ documents on December 21, 2014
Wrote my citizenship test on February 26, 2015
Status changed to "Decision Made" on ~July 25, 2015
Oath ceremony to take place in Scarborough on August 27, 2015.

Almost exactly 1 year since the day I applied. I am so happy.
Congratulations!

sraheem86

Star Member
Dec 7, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mid-June 2010 (PNP Application)
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
September 10, 2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
01-06-2011
Med's Done....
06-06-2011
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
22-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012
prettymaryk said:
Well, I've just received my oath invitation. I'm too relieved and overwhelmed for words.

My timeline -
Application was received on August 28, 2014
Started processing October 31, 2014
Got an RQ on November 18, 2014
Sent in my RQ documents on December 21, 2014
Wrote my citizenship test on February 26, 2015
Status changed to "Decision Made" on ~July 25, 2015
Oath ceremony to take place in Scarborough on August 27, 2015.

Almost exactly 1 year since the day I applied. I am so happy.
That's awesome... CIC is trying to stick to it's 1 year commitment (even for RQ cases).

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
sraheem86 said:
That's awesome... CIC is trying to stick to it's 1 year commitment (even for RQ cases).
not for RQ cases.

Here is the link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/cit-processing.asp

It states:
If your application is non-routine, it will take longer to process. The current typical processing time for non-routine applications is 36 months. Some will be processed faster than this.

eng2794

May 15, 2015
Hi Guys, My application was in Mississauga, my test in Scarborough, Whats going on hows my file switched to Scarborough

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 27, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 27, 2014.
We started processing your application on October 30, 2014.
We sent you a notice on August 12, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 31, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

HashB

Oct 28, 2014
eng2794 said:
Hi Guys, My application was in Mississauga, my test in Scarborough, Whats going on hows my file switched to Scarborough

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 27, 2014.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on August 27, 2014.
We started processing your application on October 30, 2014.
We sent you a notice on August 12, 2015 to appear and write the citizenship test on August 31, 2015 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Same for me. My application was received on 4th August. Test is on 18th August at Scarborough CIC.
Any tips for the test folks?

HashB

Oct 28, 2014
DAN11 said:
Hi, All,

Just an update, I passed my 2nd attempt test today 19/20 having failed the first one last month with 14/20.

The test i failed last month with 14/20 the immigration officer told me that it was a hard test and it sure was.

But today, I was successful with 19/20. Today's group were alot more than the first group and it was a re-sit for us all today. The officer told me that alot of people did not pass today.

I am now awaiting my Oath which the officer said she will try to get me in for August 2nd for the afternoon ceremony as the morning one I guess is full.

My Application received by CIC on is August 28th, 2014, First test June 15th (Fail 14/20) (2nd test pass 19/20) much better test than the first yet alot failed

Finally, I had to go to my MP to get a test date as I would have been still sitting and waiting. I will be updating an MP topic after this.

All the best folks!
Can you give some idea how was your test like? mine is next week.
20 questions?
any tough questions you remember?
anything out of guide?

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
HashB said:
Can you give some idea how was your test like? mine is next week.
20 questions?
any tough questions you remember?
anything out of guide?
Everything is from the guide. There can be 1 or 2 bit tricky questions (not hard just tricky). One can answer 50% on general knowledge of Canada. For the rest, you have to read the guide well. There can be few (some) questions from online resources available.

Read the guide at least twice. Optionally, you can highlight as you go, make note of important dates & people. Then, solve practice questions from various sites. This will make you test ready. During the last day or two, just skim through the guide again focusing on your highlights/notes. Both my wife and I followed this method and we had perfect score. No need to worry.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Since I have more acquaintances here than February 2015 thread, I'm posting again.

My wife is one of the 2015 Feb applicants. She passed her test at CIC-London with 20/20 on Aug 7. Yesterday, we received a letter asking for the following for 4 years preceding her application date :

NOTICE TO APPLICANT: REQUEST FOR SUPPLEMENTARY EVIDENCE
(1) Colour photocopy of all passports
(2) Provincial personal health claim summary
(3) Entry-exit records from USA (I-94 travel history won't count)

CIC gave us 30 days to comply where we already lost 8 days in mail :-X

Is it normal to ask for RQ (not sure if it's RQ) after the test/interview? During the interview, my wife wasn't asked anything about her residency let alone US travel records. It took 5 minutes. She was even told that she would get oath invite in mid-October. This just frustrates me!!! :mad:

My complete post here in Feb 2015 citizenship application ...

bouyaka

Dec 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All folks, it looks like the end of the road for me. I received the oath letter today for September 23rd. I passed the test in Montreal in August 24th.

Absurd

Sep 16, 2015
Hello everybody! Most of us have similar situations with timing of getting oath after the test. I waited for 2-4 MONTHS as an average waiting time for ceremony that was mentioned by Scarborough offices' officer right after test. Then I started to call to the CIC call-centre weekly during two months since the end of this period; I tried to understand what is the reason that our family has to wait for months. NO MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY HAD SPENT ANY SINGLE DAY OUTSIDE OF CANADA FOR 3 YEARS PREVIOUS TO APPLY FOR CITIZENSHIP. WE HAVE LIVED AT THE SAME ADRESS AND HAD MET ALL OF CIC REQUIREMENTS! Well trained persons from call-center each time gave me the universal answer about "application processing times". All of them told thatTHERE IS NO TIMING 2-4 MONTHS, BUT WE WILL BE HAVING THE CEREMONY IN 6 MONTHS AFTER PASSING THE TEST (!)From time to time they mentioned that the number of applications was dramatically increased, and this fact can be kind of excuse for CIC offices. Then I started to research official statistic. And what do you think I realized from it? The number of applications for citizenship not only wasn't increased, but even decreased each year from 211,135 in 2009 to 129,993 in 2014. Surprise: cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/data-release/2014-Q4/index.asp
According to another information number of applications really could be increased something like 53% during the 1st half-year of 2015 in comparison with the 1st half-year of 2014. But excuse me (!), waiting time for oath according to information from "Canadavisa" and some other websites, was increased approximately 8-13 times, depending on CIC office location.
So it is pure math: 1.53 is not equal to 13 or even 8.
And finally today, because 6 months already passed, I called to CIC call-centre and guess what? There is a note in our file according which we will be scheduled for the ceremony in the NEXT 2-4 MONTHS. What? Another 2-4 month? Why? And their answer is “THERE IS NO REASON. If you won’t receive invitation in the NEXT 4 months, give us a call”. I replied that I was frustrated and I did not believe this anymore.
After simple analyzes, I found an understandable explanation...

Absurd

Sep 16, 2015
The explanations for such enormous waiting time could be simple.
1. As almost everybody knows there is a gap in 1 year between applications of two groups of applicants. In the first group there are people who had the right to apply for citizenship under the previous rules (3/5 years) before June 19, 2015 and in the another group there are people who had the right to apply for citizenship under the new rules (4/6 years) after June 19, 2015 (IN FACT AFTER June 19, 2016). And it would be understandable if CIC staff would have not so much to do during this period of time. In this situation, the threat of dismissal of part of CIC employee could be obvious. But nobody wants to do it because of upcoming federal elections. So there is some opportunity to provide the work for all of these people to keep busy. Guess how? It is not my opinion but some people believe that some of them could be interested in postponing of some cases with some possible sorts of reasons especially for family applicants (IT IS JUST SOMEBODY’S OPINION). And probably you will see how quickly decisions will be made closer to April 1st, 2016 and how short the timeline will be.
2. Traditionally newcomers and even first generation of Canadians are not so happy with conservative government. So, there issomebody else’s opinion. The fewer newcomers become citizen on the eve of the Federal elections the better it is for current government.
So what it is? Double standards? Discrimination? I don’t know. I'll just repeat that everything that is above is only somebody’s opinion.
And also probably that people who have to wait for a long time could be simply victims of situation.

Maple_Star

Jul 30, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My file is in process since October 2014 and at Mississauga since Jan 2015. No update since. I tried calling the customer service recently but they bump me off right away with the answer that the deadline for current lot of applications is March 2016. I have seen most of August 2014 applications getting oath already. Not sure I should send case specific inquiry. Is that of any help. Any other cases like mine who never heard anything after initial 'in process' update?

Vancouver2014

Mar 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello August applicants!

I finally got an update ecas for my oath that is scheduled on Nov. 2, 2015.

Good luck and have a great day!

Cheers,

Vancouver2014

Loriboo

Star Member
Sep 25, 2015
something is going wrong, I am a november applicant, I have passed the test on august 5 this year in Hamilton Office, that office is very slow, I have not heard from them yet for the oath. Anyone from Hamilton?

noor-blue83

Star Member
Jun 17, 2014
Loriboo said:
something is going wrong, I am a november applicant, I have passed the test on august 5 this year in Hamilton Office, that office is very slow, I have not heard from them yet for the oath. Anyone from Hamilton?
I am an August applicant, passed my test June 15and still nothing. MP office tried to help with getting me the oath but they were not able. So November with August test, you r way better then some of us.