+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2014 Citizenship Applications

Donvalley

Oct 14, 2013
Toronto - Downtown
Visa Office......
................. [b]e-CAS[/b] (electronic Client Application Status) login : http://goo.gl/dQFOk
NOC Code......
................. [b]How to login e-cas[/b] using client ID: http://imgbox.com/hhIMgYf5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
................. [b]Case Specific Enquiry[/b]: http://goo.gl/yCBCbB
Congrats to all new citizens and all others who will be one soon.!!!

mimina82 said:
Congrats to all who have oath dates!!!

Does anyone that had their oath in scarborough know if its true that you can only bring one person? I invited my dad who will be coming from Ottawa, but if that is the case, then my husband will be left out.
kind of disappointed :'( I wanted to share this special celebration with them both!!
Back in January, SC allowed one guest PER FAMILY as indicated on oath letter and on site -- NOT per person/invite --. They numbered seats in such a way that every invited group - single or family - got one seat empty near them i.e. if you are a single applicant and suppose you got seat number 8, then next seat is unnumbered for your guest and 9th oath taker is sitting right beside your guest (in a row of seats ABC A-8 B-Guest C-9 D-Guest etc. etc...) & if you are family applicant of three, then 8, 9 & 10 (ABC) and next unmarked seat (D-Guest) for your group, invited 11th(E) comes after that.

Literally it was like a party there and a lot of people from granny to niece there and the security lady was announcing over and over, strictly one guest per family to stay and all others to go then...

Also they allowed photo session with CJ after the event ...so be ready if you wish to have some snapshots.....

How ever if they are not allowing guests I'm not sure how the arrangements are.

Wish you all the best...

mimina82

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/28/2014
AOR Received.
10/29/2014
File Transfer...
01/09/2015 (line later disappeared from ecas)
Interview........
03/27/2015
Hi All!! The journey has come to an end! Last Thursday I took my oath at Scarborough office!! It was amazing ;D
They did only let one guest per person! I asked when I was in line and turns out they want your guest to stand next to you when you are in line and checking in, but they hadn't said anything until I asked (my dad is older and I didn't want him to have to run later, so I'm glad i asked!!) They said that once everyone is inside...if there are still seats left they invite the rest of the guests to come in, but quite honestly i didn't pay attention later to that so I'm not sure if there was additional seating left over. There is a number on your pink slip that already has your seat number! so even though they tell you there a few times, if you forget you can find it on your oath invite. Also we got to take pictures with the judge as we were receiving our certificate but not after.... so give your camera to your guest!! They advise you to double check your name, BOD and gender on the certificate and if there are any errors they fix it right away after the ceremony, otherwise you can come back another day and pay $75 (i think they said!!) so double check!!! Mine had an error and they kindly fixed it right after the ceremony, I just waited like 15 minutes.
In any case....it was a wonderful day! Thanks everyone in this group for your support during this last year, and wishing you all the best as Citizens of this great country!!!
Cheers!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
mimina82 said:
Hi All!! The journey has come to an end! Last Thursday I took my oath at Scarborough office!! It was amazing ;D
They did only let one guest per person! I asked when I was in line and turns out they want your guest to stand next to you when you are in line and checking in, but they hadn't said anything until I asked (my dad is older and I didn't want him to have to run later, so I'm glad i asked!!) They said that once everyone is inside...if there are still seats left they invite the rest of the guests to come in, but quite honestly i didn't pay attention later to that so I'm not sure if there was additional seating left over. There is a number on your pink slip that already has your seat number! so even though they tell you there a few times, if you forget you can find it on your oath invite. Also we got to take pictures with the judge as we were receiving our certificate but not after.... so give your camera to your guest!! They advise you to double check your name, BOD and gender on the certificate and if there are any errors they fix it right away after the ceremony, otherwise you can come back another day and pay $75 (i think they said!!) so double check!!! Mine had an error and they kindly fixed it right after the ceremony, I just waited like 15 minutes.
In any case....it was a wonderful day! Thanks everyone in this group for your support during this last year, and wishing you all the best as Citizens of this great country!!!
Cheers!
congratulations :)

GISGeek

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2014
File Transfer...
27-10-2014
Med's Request
1st Upfront; 1st re-med: 19-05-2015; 2nd re-med: 09-10-2015
Med's Done....
24-07-2014: 1st re-med on: 28-05-2015; 2nd re-med: on 02-11-2015
Interview........
Waived, DM on 10 Nov 2015
Passport Req..
23-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2015, COPR received on 07-12-2015
mimina82 said:
Cheers!
Congratulations, glad to hear that

HashB

Oct 28, 2014
Received Test Invite/letter.
Timelines:
Application received at CIC: 4th Aug 2014
Acknowledgment with an ask for correct name: 22nd Oct 2014
Test letter Invite received: 4th Aug 2015 (Dated: 30th July 2015)
Test Date: 18th Aug 2015

Although I applied to Mississauga office my test venue is Scarborough Town Center Court.

Thanks

Vancouver2014

Mar 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello August Applicants,

My ecas status has changed today to Decision Made. Hoping to received the Oath Letter soon :)

Cheers,

Vancouver2014

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
DAN11 said:
Hi, All,

Just an update, I passed my 2nd attempt test today 19/20 having failed the first one last month with 14/20.

The test i failed last month with 14/20 the immigration officer told me that it was a hard test and it sure was.

But today, I was successful with 19/20. Today's group were alot more than the first group and it was a re-sit for us all today. The officer told me that alot of people did not pass today.

I am now awaiting my Oath which the officer said she will try to get me in for August 2nd for the afternoon ceremony as the morning one I guess is full.

My Application received by CIC on is August 28th, 2014, First test June 15th (Fail 14/20) (2nd test pass 19/20) much better test than the first yet alot failed

Finally, I had to go to my MP to get a test date as I would have been still sitting and waiting. I will be updating an MP topic after this.

All the best folks!
Its done!!! - Took my Oath yesterday... and now its all over with..... Thanks to my MP Office.... and thanks to you guys!!!

sraheem86

Star Member
Dec 7, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mid-June 2010 (PNP Application)
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
September 10, 2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
01-06-2011
Med's Done....
06-06-2011
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
22-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012
DAN11 said:
Its done!!! - Took my Oath yesterday... and now its all over with..... Thanks to my MP Office.... and thanks to you guys!!!
congrats! people in Alberta are still waiting on their oath letters...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
sraheem86 said:
congrats! people in Alberta are still waiting on their oath letters...
I can't believe people are still waiting for test/oath. My wife applied (I did all paperwork) in Feb-2015 and took/passed the test recently on 7-Aug-2015 at CIC-London.

What can I say? Keep patience, it will be done one way or the other.

sraheem86

Star Member
Dec 7, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mid-June 2010 (PNP Application)
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
September 10, 2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
01-06-2011
Med's Done....
06-06-2011
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
22-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
23-02-2012
Rossei said:
I can't believe people are still waiting for test/oath. My wife applied (I did all paperwork) in Feb-2015 and took/passed the test recently on 7-Aug-2015 at CIC-London.

What can I say? Keep patience, it will be done one way or the other.

Ontarians have it easy this time around... Calgary and Edmonton are the slowest offices in Canada. They're catching up now, but it's still a struggle.

The irony is, I moved to Alberta the same week as I got eligible to apply for Citizenship (last year in July).

Tamara_

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraheem86 said:
Ontarians have it easy this time around... Calgary and Edmonton are the slowest offices in Canada. They're catching up now, but it's still a struggle.

The irony is, I moved to Alberta the same week as I got eligible to apply for Citizenship (last year in July).
We are all over Canada in the same boat. Just be patient.

prettymaryk

Sep 7, 2014
Well, I've just received my oath invitation. I'm too relieved and overwhelmed for words.

My timeline -
Application was received on August 28, 2014
Started processing October 31, 2014
Got an RQ on November 18, 2014
Sent in my RQ documents on December 21, 2014
Wrote my citizenship test on February 26, 2015
Status changed to "Decision Made" on ~July 25, 2015
Oath ceremony to take place in Scarborough on August 27, 2015.

Almost exactly 1 year since the day I applied. I am so happy.